View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Elorathall

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 05 2013, 16:30 PM 

Player

I'm looking for canon information on the afterlife, specifically that of Lathanderans. What information I have describes Lathander's realm as part of the House of Nature, and pretty much summed up as:

Quote:
The realm called Morninglory belongs to Lathander; Its natural beauty is tinted with the colors of dawn - rubies, crimsons, scarlets, yellows, and pinks. A small mountain lake bordered by a meadow and a stand of tall timber form Lathander's cathedral here. Sleep spells and similar effects do not function within Lathander's domain, and characters who rest here find themselves fully refreshed in half the usual time.

Does anyone have any additional information on Lathander's realm, or what Lathanderan faithful do after they die?

Disclaimer:
Like many things in the FR setting, I find it absolute nonsense that a major deity with millions of followers and one of the most pro-active opponents of evil only has a section of a larger realm to call his own - which is according to the canon apparantly little more than a bit of (arguably beautiful) forest - as if he were an exarch or demigod at best. Why isn't it a beautiful and large realm of varied and endless beauty (including mountains, forests, planes, seas, deserts, etc.)? Why isn't it described as a place where everyone is eternally young and vibrant? Why isn't it dotted with gymnasiums, libraries, agoras (he's based on Apollo afterall) and other places that embody and support a dedication to improving yourself? Why aren't there celestials recruiting particularly dedicated paladins and clerics for voluntary planar excursions against fiends and undead?

I'm not a fan of 4E, but at least in 4E Amaunator has his own place worth mentioning - based around an enormous palace build around four central towers, with Waukeen (who shares the realm) holding an endless marketplace outside its walls.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]