View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Ulir

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 21 2012, 20:26 PM 

Player

Thanks. I was just trying to point out that acid damage can come with a severe debilitating effect, much like poison.

Tomato Sword

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 21 2012, 20:33 PM 

Player

Ulir wrote:
I am not surprised you would think so.

You might know that acid comes in many variations and often (in NWN) burns over time and slowly corrodes your skin, likely causing debilitating effects.

Acid and poison are functionally different in D&D. You can keep making it sound like they are similar but the fact of the matter is that they aren't. Whether you personally can't accept that is no less my problem than someone who can't accept that sky ought to be blue.

Since the OP wants to talk about elemental damage and moral implications, I guess my two cents are the same as everyone else who already commented on the elemental damage. Third degree burns, frostbites, electrocution, and molecular vibration are no less sadistic than corroding one's flesh.

Ulir

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 21 2012, 20:48 PM 

Player

No point in explaining again if you turn it around with a snobbish twist, time and again. I get the feeling that next time I write in response to you, I will do so with different intentions, so might as well leave this thread be.

I brought a tiny bit of useful information and viewpoints on acids in relation to the thread, I would like to think and will leave it at that.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 21 2012, 21:15 PM 

Player

It was also completely irrelevant to the thread, and your post and anyone who acknowledged it is getting a slap on the wrist and proving me right when I said players shouldn't be allowed to post in the Lore forum.

Brown Blur

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 21 2012, 21:21 PM 

Player

Well....not sure why this got quite so hostile, but that it did seemed pretty unnecessary over what would seem to be just a 'difference of opinion'.

Gunz

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 22 2012, 5:29 AM 

Player

The questions were answered by multiple DM's, and so I lock it before more people post spammy posts or change the topic... and argue about unrelated subject matter.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2