View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
merdock77

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 20 2012, 20:46 PM 

Player

Can anyone tell me if there is a drow city under The High Forest or under the Greypeak Mountains on the mainland? I'm thinking of using a location close to the Greypeak mountains for my characters storyline found here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66759

-Dark Faith-

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 20 2012, 20:52 PM 

Player

I believe that Ched Nasad was under the Greypeak Mountains.. but that city lies in ruins now (At least I think that by Amia's timeline, its destruction already took place)

merdock77

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 20 2012, 20:58 PM 

Player

Do you know what destroyed it? If it was something really evil and cynical, it might fight my story a bit better.

-Dark Faith-

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 20 2012, 21:20 PM 

Player

Quote:
During the War of the Spider Queen the city was attacked and eventually destroyed by a large force of dark dwarf mercenaries, led by Captain Khorrl Xornbane. These duergar employed alchemical 'stonefire' bombs, which weakened and finally shattered the upper web strands, which collapsed onto and destroyed strands underneath them. Eventually the whole central core collapsed, taking with them all of the dwellings, buildings, roadways, and shops that had been built or connected to the web strands.

Source: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Ched_Nasad

Khylaria

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22 2012, 0:35 AM 

Player

Menzoberranzan lies in the Upperdark just to the north of the surface area covered by the High Forest and the Evermoors.

Ched Nasad is/was in the Middledark, approximately between the surface settlements of Orlbar and Llorkh near the Dawn Pass in the Graydark Mountains. I said is/was because technically speaking, Ched Nasad's destruction in FR happened in 1374 DR. Amia stopped strictly adhereing to the FR timeline at the end of 1373. Whether or not Ched Nasad still stands....well, I suppose should be discussed by the DM team, perhaps.

serbiris

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22 2012, 4:06 AM 

Player

For some reason in the Amia timeline the destruction of Ched Nasad is listed during the period beginning in 1372 (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=55961). I surmise that this just means "This famous series of events started at this time, and at various points in time later this, this and this happened". It is a little unclear though. Regardless, it seems to imply that Ched Nasad is gone in Amia lore.

@Thanatopsis#6293

Gunz

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22 2012, 4:21 AM 

Player

Ched Nasad was actually destroyed in 1372, not 1374. It is indeed gone and in ruins in our timeline.

Khylaria

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22 2012, 4:46 AM 

Player

Grr. Dark Faith's link got me confused on times. Stupid FR wiki - I should have known better. Disregard my previous post!

ainjyll

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22 2012, 5:29 AM 

Player

Menzoberranzan is the best bet that fits your specifications...

Word of warning: Menzoberranzan is a pretty well documented city. So be sure that anything you involve in your story doesn't contradict established canon lore.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

-Dark Faith-

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 22 2012, 10:23 AM 

Player

Khylaria wrote:
Grr. Dark Faith's link got me confused on times. Stupid FR wiki - I should have known better. Disregard my previous post!

Sorry! I found the date a bit suspicious too, but figured the wiki had it right. Guess not only is it filled with 4ed crap, but also misinformation! yay

Gunz

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 23 2012, 22:38 PM 

Player

-Dark Faith- wrote:
Khylaria wrote:

Sorry! I found the date a bit suspicious too, but figured the wiki had it right. Guess not only is it filled with 4ed crap, but also misinformation! yay

It's been filled with both for a long time now! It's always good to double check the sources. I've read some really silly things and some very subtle thing that were off target on FR wiki. Case and point, this!

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 26 2012, 8:05 AM 

Player

Lolth's silence lasted less than a year, as I recall. I just summarized all the relevant events into one paragraph, and those who want to use it in their background can always go read the series, the adventure module, and TGHotR. Deciding whether Ched Nasad's destruction and the rest of the WotSQ had happened (and drawing the line to exclude the Lady Penitent trilogy) was actually one of the leading motivations for spelling out the timeline in black and white.

I've seen an underdark map somewhere, but can't figure out where.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

-Cloak-and-Dagger-

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 26 2012, 12:08 PM 

Player

http://smokeandmirrors.lucifel.net/vof/ ... dark01.jpg
http://smokeandmirrors.lucifel.net/vof/ ... dark02.jpg

I think these are the full version of the map that came with this: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frx/20031019a

Too big to post as an [img]. Its 3E, anyway.

You can google for a PDF if you want to see the other maps, I guess.

Larsaan

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 17 2012, 9:24 AM 

Player

From what I remember from the WotSQ-books, the duergar mercenaries were working for a noble house or trade house that was attempting a coup, which coincided with a slave revolt sponsored by the Jaezred Chaulssin, who were taking advantage of Lolth's silence to overthrow her clergy in as many cities as possible. Both the duergar and the slaves had been supplied with stonefire bombs by the JC, and the web-like structure of Ched Nasad proved unexpectedly vulnerable to the massive fires they created. We're talking Pompeii-level devastation here. Even the JC were taken aback, IIRC.

I might be off on one or two details, but I've got the books back home, so I can have a look at them if necessary.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

Zanthair

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 19 2012, 16:05 PM 

Player

I have a question concerning this as well.

Where would Edonil fall on this map? If I am remembering correctly it would be placed in the middle layer of The Northdark, but I am not too lore savvy so I just want to make sure.

This relates to something I have been trying to get organized, but has stalled due to limited player involvement.

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 20 2012, 0:18 AM 

Player

from my guesstimation it would be somewhere inbetween Amia and the Sword Coast. So several hundred miles from Menzo ect.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 20 2012, 22:16 PM 

Player

Edonil is up under the Frozenfar, Disco had a map of it available somewhere...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]