View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Aiseth

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 28 2013, 17:02 PM 

Player

Do we have a rough and/or an accurate description somewhere of how long and wide the island and its cities are? Either in kilometers or miles? I tried to solve a math problem the other day but didn't have accurate estimates. How far does Cordor stretch out compared to Kohlingen? How big is that hin town? How long is the island in full? How far is the Western Coast to the Eastern Coast? Etc.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 28 2013, 20:01 PM 

Player

This question has been a bit of a thorn in the side for a while. Disco's project to eliminate the quasi-space (where did I go between transitions?) was awesome, but in the process it dramatically reduced the perceived scale of the island. As such, an individual can cross from one side of the island to the other in a matter of minutes, as though the island were maybe only 10,000 feet (generously). I seriously doubt this is the case.

As far as how big it actually is? I dunno. I think I wrote up dimensions once but they got destroyed by a forum hacker. The fucker.

Dead

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 31 2013, 14:47 PM 

Player

There's this still, but it's unrealistic imho. According to this map, Cordor is as big as New York.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 31 2013, 16:30 PM 

Player

Roughly 1/5th of that scale seems to make a little more sense.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 31 2013, 17:11 PM 

Player

You'd get a rough estimate if you decided how long it takes for a mule caravan to go from Kohlingen to Cordor. If they set out in the early hours of the morning, can they arrive by sundown? If not, we will have to assume dozens of trade wagons stop somewhere by the main road every night. We don't have such an area, but that's hardly a problem.

I figured Amia was a little over 100 km long, north to south. Which I guess is close to the 1/5th of the scale as Yoss guessed. That's manageable in some six hours running, like heroes do, but trade caravans would take the whole day.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Kamina

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 31 2013, 18:17 PM 

Player

I've always thought Amia was a 1/5-1/6 scale of the one they use. Cordor's the largest settlement but IIRC the population numbers wouldn't reflect a New York scale city.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]