View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Aerneth

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 03 2016, 21:19 PM 

Player

I think this needs to be cleared up a bit.

In FR lore, Set has the head of a jackal. Now, there is Anubis who has the head of... a jackal. In Egypt, Set had the head of a "Set animal" which was chimeric; a combination of animals. Some are claiming IG that the "animal" representing Set is a jackal, where I would say a jackal would be the animal of Anubis. Set, considering past events, would have a fondness for snakes. Can I get DM input on this, because it's really confusing me with the mix of FR lore and Egypt lore that we are having to sift through.

Anatida

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 03 2016, 21:26 PM 

Player

It is confusing, and understandable how some people might not know considering Anubis is homebrew. A DM should post for certain.

:arrow: Set is the serpent.

:arrow: Anubis is the jackel.

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 03 2016, 21:31 PM 

Player

Much of the current lore is homebrewed, thanks to DM events. It is understandable that not every PC is aware of the transitions happening in a foreign pantheon. ICly, Anubis was an unknown, eclipsed and absorbed by Set, thus Set having adopted many of Anubis' totem and symbols. With Anubis' awakening and redemption, he reclaimed much of his identify from Set, but the extent that that would be known by PCs is up to how much the knowledge of the events is actually spread. Most of the rest of the world would only know "old" Set, with his stolen symbols. We have to change those perceptions through the course of our own efforts.

Aerneth

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 03 2016, 21:57 PM 

Player

Thank you!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]