View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 16:19 PM 

Player

I've heard a few PC's talking about spelljammer stuff recently, including being able to hop on a ship and sail to other crystal spheres, as well of discussions of morality and deific worship being specific to each sphere.

Is this on Amia? How much from the spelljammer setting a thing?

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Terallis

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 16:22 PM 

Player

Oh please tell me it's not on Amia. Pleeeaaaase. Spelljammer really doesn't seem like it fits at all, imo. In fact, isn't it a completely different campaign setting from Forgotten Realms?

Gers

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 16:32 PM 

Player

There was an attack on Winya by Scro on a spelljammer (IIRC) a long, long time ago, but AFAIK that's the only interaction with that setting on the server.

Overneath

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 16:49 PM 

Player

Whether or not it 'fits' with the setting, the various planes and cosmic realities are all canonically interconnected. If anyone has played on Prisoners of the Mist, a Ravenloft server, that's an example of such a phenomenon. We can choose to limit our exposure, but as long as interplanar travel exists, people from settings such as Planescape, Eberron, Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Spelljammer and Greyhawk, among others, can theoretically jump ship and visit, and have in the past.

So yes, Virginia, there IS a Spelljammer. We just have the option of democratically agreeing that we don't have to put up with him, his reindeer, or his cookie-theft.

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 16:49 PM 

Player

Here's a discussion about it before: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=74636&hilit :D

That Guy

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 17:10 PM 

Player

Essentially DM's said no, it's not supported on Amia, despite there having been connections in the past. I'm not judging, merely repeating and summarizing what was said before. Sure, it exists, but.. we don't support it, that's the gist.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 17:11 PM 

Player

We don't like to touch Spelljamer as much as humanly possible, afaik. There has been one or two instances with old DMs where they ran stuff like that, but not anymore.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 17:59 PM 

Player

SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:
We don't like to touch Spelljamer as much as humanly possible, afaik. There has been one or two instances with old DMs where they ran stuff like that, but not anymore.

Cool beans thanks.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 19:40 PM 

Player

Myarts (Ancient Mylocks) were destroyed by the Ilithids using spelljammer ships, if I recall correctly.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 21:55 PM 

Tester

There's totally Spelljammmer stuff in Forgotten Realms mentioned in some of the older things with Evermeet and Shou. But, as has been mentioned to me many times, DMs now avoid any mention of it like the plague. If a PC knows about it or was there to see what happened in Winya, they know about it. But the truth of it is, we're probably never gonna get a nod towards that stuff again, because... well, because no one currently likes it for whatever reason.

I personally never get the issue with it. We've had PC's go to Sigil in an event as well as plenty who have come from Sigil, but we don't see anyone suggesting we're adopting the Planescape setting, though we do borrow heavily from it for our stuff involving other planes. One of the great draws of FR is it's a crazy melting pot and can incorporate just about anything. While we certainly shouldn't have jamming helms parked outside of Kampo's(even the ones in Evermeet are said to like never ever been seen when not expressly needed), I would really love to see like a one-off event or something. Realms Trek: The Next Generation. Iunno.

NB4 Tormak/Pally telling me I'm stupid and how Spelljammer is stupid and the worst thing since Doctor Doom, Pol Pot, and Mecha-Hitler teamed up to kick puppies together.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 23:17 PM 

Player

Consider your spells jammed.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]