View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 21:02 PM 

Player

Getting conflicting reports from ig sources and ooc sources and other ic players.

What is it, where does the swirling black mass go, why is an Ahm guy just there and everyone is cool with it, are the time effects only in 'null time' or is that the whole nexus, "where" or "when" are you when you're in the vortex, etc.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 21:13 PM 

Player

This is sort of why I never do Nexus content on my characters, as far as I can tell doing so requires you to work with, forgive, and accept items from a wizard that's part of the organization that blew up Cordor among other things.

Like is this actual lore or a neglected npc?

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 01 2017, 23:31 PM 

Player

Castle Greyhawk Cordor.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 4:38 AM 

Player

"I guess we'll see won't we?" A cowled wizard of Amn.

Seriously what the heck is this place?

Also the plot item he gives you weighs something (5 lbs iirc?), is a 2x2 item, and is not actually plot so you can just drop it on the floor and just be fucked.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 6:01 AM 

Player

Eh.well..hard to explain the lore around that thing. Let's just say that it was implemented as an area of convenience during the "hub" fetishism that axed other, otherwise significant, RP areas.

ICly the Nexus is a midway between space and time which appeared after a significant chronomatic pillar collapsed. The Nexus is the result of that gap...

As for the two wizards, there is an IC reason why they received pardon from Cordor but that needs to be explored ICly.

The item in question can be used as a container for various elemental seeds or whatever they are that can open the door to the second level of the labyrinth. However, the dungeon is incomplete so...

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 12:05 PM 

Player

Suggestion:

Sack the time stuff - the entire explicit point of the Zeitgeist, always and forever, was that this, as written, as the Nexus exists, is not possible, and should not be possible, with the closing of the Arcanum plot.

Quote:
Let's just say that it was implemented as an area of convenience during the "hub" fetishism that axed other, otherwise significant, RP areas.

This sucks. We know why it went in. Kill it.

Quote:
The item in question can be used as a container for various elemental seeds or whatever they are that can open the door to the second level of the labyrinth. However, the dungeon is incomplete so...

Let's finish it or sack it for better content.

Real, actual suggestion: Remove it from Cordor, remove the ex-Arcanum, replace with a research mage who takes you to an island in the Whalebones where the anomaly has mysteriously moved to, and they followed it. It is no longer a space time anomaly, save for the Phane's area, which is described as a demi-plane where time moves extremely slowly. Instead it is more akin to the hub of the 'Demon's Souls' games, linking possibly when-wheres that may or may not be the Prime Material. Get rid of the giant crazy thing in Cordor and move it outside it where you have more room to expand it and do things with it. IF the ex-Arcanum dude is so important he must exist, then now at least he no longer exists in Cordor where seriously why would they EVER pardon that dude.

The base idea of the Nexus is pretty cool, but the lore around it falls flat on its face, and the reason for its location makes it fall flat on its face. The 'hub initiative' was not good server design, and it threatened a lot of what made Amia, amia. Work should be taken to undo it.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 14:21 PM 

Player

If it were up to me it'd be long gone.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 02 2017, 15:13 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Real, actual suggestion: Remove it from Cordor, remove the ex-Arcanum, replace with a research mage who takes you to an island in the Whalebones where the anomaly has mysteriously moved to, and they followed it. It is no longer a space time anomaly, save for the Phane's area, which is described as a demi-plane where time moves extremely slowly. Instead it is more akin to the hub of the 'Demon's Souls' games, linking possibly when-wheres that may or may not be the Prime Material. Get rid of the giant crazy thing in Cordor and move it outside it where you have more room to expand it and do things with it. IF the ex-Arcanum dude is so important he must exist, then now at least he no longer exists in Cordor where seriously why would they EVER pardon that dude.

The base idea of the Nexus is pretty cool, but the lore around it falls flat on its face, and the reason for its location makes it fall flat on its face. The 'hub initiative' was not good server design, and it threatened a lot of what made Amia, amia. Work should be taken to undo it.

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
If it were up to me it'd be long gone.

Yeah, I agree totally.

The building itself is ugly as sin as well. I know you can make good structures in that tileset (Kohl Keep for example) but what we have is an awful box with like a 24x24 texture spread over 4 stories of wall.

There's also apparently a portal to Chult there now too? Where people can just go to kill dinosaurs? Why can't that be somewhere (anywhere) else? I'd vastly prefer the good captain (or some new Chult NPC by the docks in Cordor) just ferry you there. I don't know why a portal to a dinosaur zone has to exist outside of timespace guarded by a Cowled Wizard of Amn.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 03 2017, 1:48 AM 

Player

Just got told the 'Hidden Valley' isn't on Chult because it has pine trees.

Is this cannon lore? I thought it was on Chult.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Grymia

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 03 2017, 3:03 AM 

Player

Right: Let's make a note here on geography..

Where's Amia in relation to say Chult?

The distance is WAAY WAY TOO far for a Ferry to be justified. The ferries that already exist in game can be jinky with distances to some extent.

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 03 2017, 3:08 AM 

Player

Grymia wrote:
Right: Let's make a note here on geography..

Where's Amia in relation to say Chult?

The distance is WAAY WAY TOO far for a Ferry to be justified. The ferries that already exist in game can be jinky with distances to some extent.

closer then the frozenfar iirc and that's boatable.

either way i'd rather hand-wave travel time then rationality.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Grymia

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 03 2017, 4:04 AM 

Player

Turns out they're roughly equidistant.. so, remove one ferry or add the other but.. still

5,000 miles in an 'Instant' feels really off.

corypx

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 03 2017, 4:09 AM 

Player

Grymia wrote:
Turns out they're roughly equidistant.. so, remove one ferry or add the other but.. still

5,000 miles in an 'Instant' feels really off.

Are you sure its not closer to 500 miles..... :lol:

I have no problem with the hand waving boats time or even just a plain old portal as Wiltun has one to khem.

Frozen-ass

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 03 2017, 5:23 AM 

Developer

Commie wrote:
what we have is an awful box with like a 24x24 texture spread over 4 stories of wall.

+1

Lutra wrote:

Also i agree With tormak the idea is cool, but do it different, and elsewhere then cordor.. it just does not make sense (at least to me)

Maruz Blackfeet - Go team evil GO

Starter of the Mage revolution

Dunecat

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 12 2017, 18:44 PM 

Player

Nexus is a crime against roleplay and a monument to wasted roleplay potential both in one.

I don't know just how much about it was retconned for the implementation, but in addition to what Lutra had written, it's comparable to a black hole/wormhole hybrid.

In my opinion, it's currently a mess and any thought out interaction would likely be an improvement.

Zeitgeist lore is just as bad, further IMO.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 12 2017, 20:09 PM 

Player

Dunecat wrote:
Nexus is a crime against roleplay and a monument to wasted roleplay potential both in one.

I don't know just how much about it was retconned for the implementation, but in addition to what Lutra had written, it's comparable to a black hole/wormhole hybrid.

In my opinion, it's currently a mess and any thought out interaction would likely be an improvement.

Zeitgeist lore is just as bad, further IMO.

I would sign a motion to cull it.

Remove broken labyrinth, relocate Phane or cut him too (he seriously breaks and denies himself all the time), change Dino area to an npc that takes you there by ship or portal and has some lore explaining why you're killing dinosaurs for reasons other then "it's there."

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]