View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15 2014, 22:18 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

The sleepy fishing town has been notably more awake as of late, and it seems the entire settlement woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Patience is not a virtue that runs in large amounts, and small disagreements devolve into full-on brawls more often than not. The ramshackle Slanty Shanty is truly living up to its name- most of the furniture has been broken so many times the past few days no one seems to be bothering to clean it up or reassemble the chairs.

The tall albino woman, known in the town as "Captain", " 'lanna", or "Wolfy", stalks the settlement with a shovel in her right hand, the other bruised, swollen, and clutched against her chest as she battles the rash of small holes that have been plaguing Wharftown. Any unfortunate townsfolk caught digging get a flash of the wolf's mother-at-the-end-of-her-rope anger, and are supplied with a shovel and conscripted into her campaign against the holes.

On a brighter note, two hundred pounds of spidersilk, courtesy of the Shrine of Eilistraee, has been distributed to the fisherfolk along the docks. The benefits of such a material are explained as having a much higher tensile strength, a greater stretch, and being significantly lighter than the traditional hemp ropes used in nets. She requests that, in return, the families set aside what portion of their catch they can spare for the Shrine, as their farmland has been devastated by the blight.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
Anatida
 
PostPosted: Thu, May 08 2014, 6:12 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Texas Y'all

Around the time the sun was setting over the isle of Amia a dark clad elven figure stumbled toward the temple of Selune. She collapsed from blood loss mere steps from its entrance. Moments later she was found by some of the town's residents. A white haired female referred to the slashed and sodden victim as "Immy" before she was carried inside to have her wounds tended by High Priest Seldak.

A short time later, recovered enough to walk slowly on her own, the figure was lead to the Shanty. Once alone she peeled of her sea water laden clothing before flopping onto the giant feather bed. The words she murmured before she closed her eyes were lost to the shadows they were meant for.

_________________
Image
Iim'mur'ss - Grandmaster Shadowdancer / Aaralyn - Diplomat / Oleander - Toxic Desert Flower


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 20 2014, 2:03 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

Alanna is rarely seen outside the confines of Wharftown lately. Between drills with the militia and Silver Dragons and preparing the bay for invasion, no one in the fishing village seems to be getting very much sleep. Alanna confers often with Harold Kendry, the young red-haired Kohlinginer mage that has recently taken up residence in the town. While they work, the silver orb hovers above them, silent, blocking their view of Selune. The nights are tense and dark.

Around noon, a town meeting is called by the albino Captain.

"You all know what's coming. Though we're doing our best to protect this place, the enemy we're facing is simply stronger. Our survival is far from guaranteed. What I'm going to ask of you all is not an easy thing to hear, nor is it an easy thing to ask. I love this place, but the real soul of Wharftown is all of you. If our defenses fail, we cannot protect you. Kohlingen has opened its doors to all non-combatants- even if the place comes under siege, they can hold out for months. It's by far the safest place for all of you.

This is your choice. No one will force you to leave, but the fewer folks who aren't fighting are here when the fighting does start, the easier it'll be for those in the battle.

I'll let you all decide amongst yourselves, but I need an answer by the end of the day."

She left the murmuring sailor's tavern and squinted against the sudden sun, running a hand back through her hair. The ocean shimmered like broken glass in the embrace of the Moonmaiden's Arms, the tall cliffs that swooped out towards the ocean to encircle the calm, crescent shaped bay. Blue wildflowers nodded in a breeze, and the air smelled like salt and grass. Alanna closed her eyes and savored it, carefully stored away a memory of her home in spring like a momento.

She hoped she wouldn't need it.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
The1Kobra
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 20 2014, 4:35 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Oct 2009

Saylgarix, Wharftown's kobold Hand of Ieyrn, keeps himself busy, though is often more reclusive than the captain. He diligently spends his time scouting surrounding lands, or watching the town from hiding. He only in general reveals himself for quick exchanges of reports with the other guards, a quick re-supply, or to help out with any troubles that he could assist with.

_________________
I play:
Image


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Wed, May 21 2014, 3:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

Samantha, a common sight at the Captain's side and on the cliffs, has been through the seaside town less lately. Although, she can still be seen around the Shanty for a drink or two or walking to the Captain's house. It seems the Cordorian woman is finally being demanded upon by her duties elsewhere.

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Sat, May 24 2014, 20:30 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

Yesterday evening, a gang of about thirty well known adventurers, armed to the teeth, gather outside of the Temple of Selune, before cramming themselves inside Captain Alanna's house. They do not leave the dwelling, and several hours later Alanna returns from the docks like an ocean storm, covered in layers of blood. As she often does in moods like this, she heads right to the Slanty Shanty and comes out with two rather large glasses of whiskey, sitting on the cliff overlooking the docks.

Shortly after, Samantha and a grey-haired man some might recognize as Richard, former leader of BLACK, return to the town, followed by Andrew Fryar. Not more than fifteen minutes pass before Andrew draws steel on Richard, and instead of killing him, slugs him straight across the face. Richard returns the favor, shattering Andrew's nose. Samantha then proceeds to shatter Richard's jaw, and Alanna has her whiskey stolen by a hooded elven male.

They drag the unconscious Richard through a portal, Alanna cursing enough to make the hardest Shanty sailor proud.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 04 2014, 20:39 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

[Can this be moved to the Amian West Coast forum please? Thanks!]

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 04 2014, 21:36 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

Over the past days, Tuomas had been working to help Wharftown per a request from Captain Alanna, providing wardings of Dimensional Lock with the Metamagic spell modification of Extension , slowly working to ward as much as he could given the time he had.


 
      
Hudson
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 05 2014, 9:39 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Location: Bendir's Dale

Harold would still be working on the shore defenses along with some of the mage guard, slowly making the approach by sea as hazardous as he can save for a small channel for the fishing fleet.

((Only logging on Harold if I see peeps in Wharftown at the moment as I am fairly busy in the client))

_________________
Characters played:

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)


 
      
Aiseth
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 06 2014, 20:30 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Dec 2011

A quick letter is written and left under Alanna's door, written in a very fine hand-writing. It's almost too beautiful to throw away. One would expect that the kind of handwriting would be reserved for swell calligraphy or at least earnest greeting cards, not the kind you buy out of obligation on select holidays with feelings of guilt or anxiety, but the kind you get when someone seriously wounds themselves and are bedridden. It's a very good penmanship.

Dear Alanna:

Terrible Demons summoned south of the road.
Details later.

-Aiseth

_________________
Image
MuseReader: Aiseth Nosdivan- Master EnchantressImage


 
      
Aiseth
 
PostPosted: Sat, Jun 14 2014, 16:07 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Dec 2011

Last evening onlookers scattered in terror when a man came running through a portal screaming loudly behind a party of Wiltunians, sending them into a defensive maneuver. Among the party was Lady Darby Mirth. Before he could draw a weapon, the screaming man's head would have appeared to had some sort of nightmarish internal rupture, by way of the court wizard's casting of a dark spell, which left the man laying in the road dead. The body was taken out of the town shortly after.

_________________
Image
MuseReader: Aiseth Nosdivan- Master EnchantressImage


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jul 02 2014, 2:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

After departing for a meeting with Kohlingen and promising a quick return, the Captain misses the evening militia drill. As well as the second at dawn. And the emergency drill at midday.

Her house is dark, her place by the lantern overlooking the docks empty, and the sailors must enjoy their drinks without the raucous laughter of their albino friend.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
Nakomis Wolfen
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jul 03 2014, 0:15 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 21 Dec 2005

A certain raven haired half-elf who's a rather common sight in the town can be seen asking around for Alanna or where she was last seen. Looking rather tired herself, she makes sure to ask pretty much everyone she sees. Despite her tiredness and whatever reason she was looking for Alanna, she remained rather polite in her questioning.

_________________
Chiania Windleaf-nervous druid/shifter who's happily in love and married to her Seabird, with three "cubs".
Darby Mirth-troubled half-elf with an interest in the sea.
Kaci- short...moody... faithful of Lord Firemane.


 
      
Hudson
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jul 03 2014, 9:33 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Location: Bendir's Dale

A certain wizard would be able to tell the certain raven haired but also raven hating woman that Alanna hasn't been around Wharftown for a few days along with her likely being in Kohlingen where she often goes for meetings.

_________________
Characters played:

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jul 03 2014, 17:06 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

A certain blonde would inquire from a certain wizard as well, and finding what she found, would offer a small nod and a faint frown. Then she continues on her way.

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jul 07 2014, 20:06 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

Samantha was seen slashing and yelling by the Captain's house at a hooded and magicked creature, invisible to the naked eye. It turned into a scene; an aasimar yelling for guards, the black-scaled thing running and Samantha stopping to eye its tail with a dangerous gleam. Then, she went quickly in the Captain's house, and wasn't seen again.

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
PolarBear
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jul 10 2014, 0:43 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

Over the past few days a certain warpriest could be seen frequenting the town now on a regular basis. His walks would take him around the perimeter of the township, where he would stop and check upon the men and women of the militia from time to time. He would also often be found standing atop the cliffs, silently gazing down upon the docks and across the sea, seemingly lost in thought to the rise and fall of the horizon.

As of this past evening the warpriest would be seen spending a vast amount of time in the Slanty Shanty. Quietly he had hidden himself away in a corner of the establishment, papers and maps strewn out across the table. Interestingly enough miniatures resembling; ships, warriors, buildings, and various siege equipment also decorate the table. His gaze focused intently upon his work, his hands reaching among the miniatures as he re-positioned them time and again, and hastely scribbled into a rather large and dusty looking tome.

If approached he would offer a kind smile, and speak only for a short time before returning to his work.

_________________
Raziel Fearian: Tempuran Warpriest - Cordor-STU


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jul 10 2014, 20:53 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

Captain Alanna, after her brief but harrowing hiatus, is seen once again at the morning drills for the militia. She is woefully underfed, her already angular bone structure more severe than usual, making for a rather intimidating drillmaster.

The militia is ordered to step up patrols around the perimeter of the settlement due to the growing threat of the Thayvian Cabal. Each unit is asked to contain at least two Silver Dragons and be accompanied by a Kohlinginer mage guard to provide spell protection, particularly True Seeing spells, as well as counterspelling any mages that may try and attack.

Hand-to-hand combat is practiced as always, with a particular emphasis on anti-mage tactics.


"It's easy to spot a mage. If they're attacking you, they're gonna be lit up like a fuckin' candle, and will almost always be under an invisibility spell. Mage guards should concentrate first on breaking what defenses they can through Disjunction, then ensuring all friendly combatants can see what they're aimin' at. If you hear 'em speakin' at you in a language you don't understand and movin' their hands weird, get out of there.

Never, and I mean never, try to take on a mage that is fully protected by spells. Let the mageguard deal with those first. If you try to attack a fully enshrouded mage, at best it won't do shit, at worst the spells will burn an arm off or kill you outright. Never try to block a spell with your shield. You may've seen adventurers do this in the past, but the caliber of mages we're going after will tear through our equipment like paper. Martial units should never engage a mage without another mage present. When you see that our mageguard has taken down the defensive spells of an enemy mage -and- drawn their attention, attack! You may only have a few seconds, so use them wisely. Go for vitals- the throat, the stomach, the heart. A disabled mage can still kill twenty men before he dies. Most mages do not need their hands or even their mouths to cast a spell. A wolf with it's head cut off can still bite- a mage with their hands cut off can still cast. This isn't a traditional battle where you have to wear your opponent down. You may only get one chance to strike a mage, so you have to ensure it's a killing blow. This goes for our archers as well! Take the extra second and aim wisely. Go for the center of their chests-"
the Captain hits her own sternum for emphasis, "don't aim for eyes or throat or anything like that. If you aim for center, you're most likely to hit a vital target. That's our mantra today. Aim to kill!"


"Aim to kill!"

"Aim to kill!"

"Aim to kill!"

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
MadrikVale
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jul 11 2014, 2:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 May 2009
Location: Evanston, Wyoming

Nearby, but not too far from a specific person, Madrik Street watched the drill. His arms kept crossed and his stare a downward, stern stare. His posture of an officer's perfection was well practiced and thus, the scene brought him familiarity of a life former to Amia. His unmoving gaze from Alanna was intense, even critical. Were she to look his way, he would have met her eyes with that striking significance. Were she to speak to him, he would uncross his arms and begin to turn back for his companion and leave her with, "We need to talk."


 
      
PolarBear
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jul 11 2014, 23:05 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

Silently making his way through the ranks, a measured gaze sweeping over the men and women of the militia. The recently appointed Warmaster had taken to attending each and every drill throughout the course of the day. Often he would be one of the first to be present as they gathered, and almost always he would be the last to leave. A small leather bound tome ever open, his gaze sweeping over the militia, and then lowering once more as he made notes of the exercises. From time to time he would stop and not only make note of the rank and file, but his gaze would settle upon the Captain, seemingly approving of her command.

_________________
Raziel Fearian: Tempuran Warpriest - Cordor-STU


 
      
HorkTheOrk
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jul 14 2014, 5:10 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Amia.

[[ Hork would be seen brining Thirty one large pieces of Lumber in The Slanty Shanty. The amount of lumber brought it may be equivalent to Nine Hundred and forty five pounds of Wood. Taking more then enough trips to bring all the lumber in. To finish the days deed a few stacks of Bricks.]]

_________________
Hork the Ork - Barbarian Ogrillion. [ac]
June Lucaus - Division One Marksmen.


Available RP Times : Weekdays [4:30 PM - 10:30 PM]
Weekends [10:00 AM - whenever.]
[/ac]


 
      
HorkTheOrk
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 15 2014, 6:07 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Amia.

[[A large group meets in the center of WharTown. The group consist of multi-race people. One of the members that stands out is Hork. A very large Ogrillion Orc. He seems to stick sides with Jinn. Which for a large amount of time they stand together outside Alannas house.]]

_________________
Hork the Ork - Barbarian Ogrillion. [ac]
June Lucaus - Division One Marksmen.


Available RP Times : Weekdays [4:30 PM - 10:30 PM]
Weekends [10:00 AM - whenever.]
[/ac]


 
      
Manarethan
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 20 2014, 12:41 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Feb 2008

A lazy afternoon in Wharftown was interrupted by a chorus of shouting as a number of wounded militia ran into the town, horns blaring out an alarm almost immediately afterwards. Citizens begin an orderly and swift evacuation as miltia and Silver Dragons rush to their posts, weapons at the ready. Further reinforced by a large group of adventurers, the defenders of the northern and eastern entrances to the township are attacked by a large group of yuan-ti and elementals, led by hideous, half-snake abominations. Though the fighting was thick and many defenders were wounded in the fray, their valiant efforts paid off as the yuan-ti were driven back, soundly defeated. Wharftown losses were extremely few thanks to the work of the Selunite clergy, and the wounded are carefully treated.

In the aftermath of the conflict, morale is extremely high amongst the militia and their allies. Even the wounded seem in good spirits, with a decisive win for the township. Wharftown held firm in the face of attack, and it stands ready for what is to come.


 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 20 2014, 12:51 PM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

Before the dust had even settled, a young battlemage and several vengeful cohorts led a revenge strike against the yuan-ti of the swamps, leaving a scorched and bloody blitzkrieg through the ruins before the main host of the raid could even return to their fetid home. The snake mages and abominations returned to a grim and poignant reminder of the error of their ways.


 
      
Anatida
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 20 2014, 13:45 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Texas Y'all

Upon the dais deep within the quagmire ruins the current ranking Queen of the Yaun’ti cast her magics. A slim figure danced in and out of the shadows; only to materialize behind the snake-blooded female. The figure made a curving arch of her dark blade, as shadow tendrils reached out hungrily to rip the life from their victim. Iim’mur’ss roared over the corpse in victory of the kill, before descending the stairs, and casually stepping through a portal back to Warftown.

_________________
Image
Iim'mur'ss - Grandmaster Shadowdancer / Aaralyn - Diplomat / Oleander - Toxic Desert Flower


 
      
Dunecat
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 20 2014, 14:55 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Location: +3 GMT

And as remnants of raiding host fled, they were harassed by discontent mage, until valiant efforts of Yuan-ti abomination bought sufficient time for further retreat...

_________________
Image

Mistakes were made.


 
      
HorkTheOrk
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 22 2014, 22:35 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Amia.

Quote:
[[Due to NwN will not take Screen shots with my Computer right now. The images just come out as a black box. I've decieded to leave a Dialog box of the Roleplay instead of Screenshots.]]

[[Setting!] Hork would be at the far end of WharfTown. Slightly past the gates by the Storage box merchant. Hork has a set-up construction site there. Firstly someone will spot a large Crate full of Building Materials. Hork is seen unpacking the box. Laying out countless planks of Oak in a large lumber pile.]

Hork brings out a large bucket, and fills it full of Cold water from the WharfTown water supply. Taking out a large chunk of Clay, Hork tosses the clay inside the bucket. Taking out a large stick-like object. Hork beings to stir the Clay inside the bucket full of Cold water. Getting the Clay nice and thick. Hork takes one large Oak plank and puts a fair amount of Clay on the Oak plank's top. Taking another plank and connects them both. Holding them long enough together so the Clay hardens in-between them both. Keeping them stuck together. Hork continues this process two more times. Making a Forty foot area. Having a base set of Oak planks, laying Horizontal on the ground. The area within the large perfect-right angle square is forty feet. After Hork gets a large enough Square made. Hork throws more Clay inside the bucket of Cold water after cleaning it out. Getting more Clay like substance that is a large chunk of glue-like substance. Hork takes another Oak Plank and stands it on the first Horizontal Oak Plank. Adding Clay substance to the bottom allowing them to stick together. Hork would repeat this process Thirty-Nine times in total, ten times per-Horizontal Oak plank. Adding and mixing Cold water with Clay to form a pace like substance. Hork stands Vertical pieces of Oak planks on the Horizontal planks. Each horizontal plank contains ten vertical Oak planks standing on top of them. With clay like glue holding them together.[/color]

_________________
Hork the Ork - Barbarian Ogrillion. [ac]
June Lucaus - Division One Marksmen.


Available RP Times : Weekdays [4:30 PM - 10:30 PM]
Weekends [10:00 AM - whenever.]
[/ac]


 
      
AzureLuna
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jul 23 2014, 10:58 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Location: Oregon, US

Emilie and assorted others are seen going around Wharftown after another unusual occurrence. This time there was a bandit attack that was worse than the standard fare. After parting ways with Wharftown's Captain the woman sat down with a rather distinguished gentleman easily recognized as Ser Robert from Kohlingen. After a long discussion the two parted ways.

_________________
Image


 
      
MadrikVale
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jul 23 2014, 21:02 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 May 2009
Location: Evanston, Wyoming

Several days ago, Madrik Street had made two quick trips, back and forth, from and to the lantern. Each departure, he carried several bags and boxes. Madrik Street's frequency has lessened while Viola Antoniou's has ceased completely.


 
      
PolarBear
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jul 25 2014, 22:29 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

In recent days the Warmaster's involvement in the day-to-day drills has increased significantly. Where once he simply walked among the ranks of the militia making notations and brief observations, now he would be seen participating in even the simplest of routine drills. Kind words of encouragement would be spoken to many, and even his sometimes harsh words of criticism would be followed up by praise once errors had been corrected.

One evening as drills were coming to an end the Warmaster would separate himself from the others. Silently he would make his way to the front of the ranks. His usual armor and cloak had been notably absent that day. Instead he had chosen to train alongside the others in simple leather breeches and a pair of common soldier's boots. Sweat glistened along his torso, scars of the many battles past would stand out as reminders of just how vicious some battles can be. His gaze would slowly take in the men and women before him. The words that followed would begin softly, but soon raised to a high pitch to bring the attention of all present.



"There have been many to ask why I have accepted this position. Even more to question just what my motive is, what is to be gained? Why of all places would I stand with a town such as this? What did I expect to do with such small forces, such meager defenses?

I could not offer them an answer then. I knew little of this town, and even less of its people. I cannot even now speak as though I know each and everyone of you. However, I can say this... I have stood now as witness to various attacks upon this town. I have watched as you have all banded together and fought back fiercely against those who would seek to destroy your homes and take away your livelihood. I watch as you so eagerly place your lives on the line without question. I see the devotion in your eyes, in your every movement. You want to live, you want to protect that which is your's.

I will tell you this though. So far you have had it easy, you have not been tested. Not in the manner of which you shall be when the Amnish fleets descend upon us like power hungry cockroaches. You fight beasts, you fight bandits. What is coming is far more cruel, far more devastating than anything we have recently stood against. They will not look to break you, they will not look to even enslave you. They will do as those maggot magi command them. They will want nothing less than to feel your blood upon their blades, they will gleefully gaze down as men fall to their knees with their entrails laid upon the ground. They will take your lands, if they do not first torch them. They will take your homes, and everything you have worked your lives to have. If we allow them to do this they will take even more. It will not stop here, they will look to drive a spear of blood and carnage right through us. Their sights will be set on the larger cities of this isle, cities which they may think will put up a far better fight than we.

And if they pass through us? What is to stop them from pressing on to cities such as Kholingen? Nothing. The Holy City is far more prepared than we, but even they can be starved inside those walls, and those walls can be torn apart. Your families now reside behind those very walls, the very families that you sent away to be safe. That means not a gods be damned thing if we do not stand and press back the tide of these Amnish bastards!

People ask me why I have accepted this position. They ask why I would place myself in such a predicament, such a seemingly ill fated situation as this. I stand here now and I tell you this. I accept this position because I see hope. I see men and woman ready to fight, bleed, and if need be lay down their lives for this town and one another. I see warriors who are only just beginning to understand their potential. Among you I see a devotion more resolute than many soldiers. I see those who will meet those Amnish bastards in battle, I see victorious men and women welcoming home their loved ones when this is over.

Listen to what I tell you, what your Captain tells you. Endure the pain, press through it all and we will thrive! We will not be swept away as some small insect in the wake of the beast that is the fleets of Amn! Give me your all, and I will give you everything, even my life if this war demands it! I will stand alongside you not as a mere battle commander, but as a brother in arms! I will bleed with you, for you. Rise to the occasion, show them that we will not fall!"

_________________
Raziel Fearian: Tempuran Warpriest - Cordor-STU


 
      
AzureLuna
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jul 25 2014, 23:56 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Location: Oregon, US

Emilie walks into Wharftown at some point during the rousing speech, a new wooden sign tucked under her arm. She ducks out of sight and keeps to the back fringes of the group as she watches. At some point in the middle, she sets down her sign and takes out her notebook and a stick of charcoal. Her eyes dart up from the page constantly and she has to swipe the curls from her face as the sea breeze loosens them from her braid.

She is grinning by the end of the speech. If the others cheer, and shout, and cry out, she does so right beside them.

_________________
Image


 
      
Nakomis Wolfen
 
PostPosted: Sat, Jul 26 2014, 0:30 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 21 Dec 2005

After an adventure out to sea with a rather motley crew of adventurers, and the extra passengers they returned with (alive and dead), the raven haired half elf can still be frequently seen in Wharftown. Though she is much more quiet than usual and tends to stay out of the way. Often her helm is on or a cowl pulled low on her head. She watches the water quietly, and occasionally the people. But whatever her thoughts she keeps them to herself, for the time being at least.

_________________
Chiania Windleaf-nervous druid/shifter who's happily in love and married to her Seabird, with three "cubs".
Darby Mirth-troubled half-elf with an interest in the sea.
Kaci- short...moody... faithful of Lord Firemane.


 
      
Magiros
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jul 29 2014, 20:54 PM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 28 Nov 2006

A regularly seen moon elf lady, clad in chain mail which metal parts had been colored golden, or were gold. A cherry red fabrics wrapped around her waste, leaving a trail to behind her down to her knees, finely embroidered with rose pictures upon closer inspection. Is not seen for a day in her regular spot, under a tree in front of Shanty Slanty, gazing to the sea. Instead, having seen locked within her House for the time being.

_________________
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/spells.htm


 
      
PolarBear
 
PostPosted: Fri, Aug 01 2014, 2:22 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

In the early hours of the morning the Warmaster would find himself once more visiting the temple of Selune. The previous evening had been beyond stressful to say the least. Two ships full of sailors attacked and left for dead, their bodies crucified like common criminals of the lowest sort. Though his abilities had been exhausted the previous evening, he still yet made an attempt to check upon the wounded. Bandages were changed, fresh ointment applied where needed, and soft spoken words of encouragement were offered. Terrible fits of coughing and rasping would overtake the priest now and then, but still he would remain vigilant in his duty to the sailors. Quiet prayers were shared with those willing to listen, assurances made that there would be vengeance for both them and their families.

_________________
Raziel Fearian: Tempuran Warpriest - Cordor-STU


 
      
Hudson
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:19 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Location: Bendir's Dale

Two woman carried a little boy from a small ship. The little fellow was skinny and dirty but obviously delighted to be in the village.

The pale woman known as Alanna of Wharftown near the dock recognized the little fellow at once and took him from his escorts and while the boy clung to 'aunty Alanna' she send the women to Garth, who upon seeing the scene claimed a fly flew in his eyes and rubbed them a lot.

After some motherly care from aunties Alanna and Samantha under the eye of uncle Garth which included a washing, new clothes and a good home made meal Alanna carried the little fellow, who was half asleep by then, onto a ship heading for the Holy city where a tear filled reunion followed with the little fellows mother.

It seems some stories have a happy ending after all.

_________________
Characters played:

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)


 
      
Bobo_Underhill
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 12 2014, 6:53 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Location: The Drone Star State

A peculiar sight was seen at the Temple of Selune. Several portraits of an eyepatched, one-legged greying male halfling and a copper-kin female halfling were hung up around the temple. They were together in one of them, but in solo 'cool' poses in the other two paintings. A note was left on a sign nearby that simply read:

"Off to get Iced Cream and Booze

-Lyle"

And indeed, a 'Silverstar Torrowfire' and his wife had checked in with the High Priest earlier that evening.

_________________
Andrew Fryar: Cordor's Folk Hero
Bobrin: Eccentric Avenging Executioner
Lyle Torrowfire: Retired badass
Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess


 
      
HorkTheOrk
 
PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 3:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Amia.

[[Hork would have seemed scarse of WharfTown for the last few weeks. But a recent compotion would show Hork returning, hailing logs of wood. He seems to be activly choping wood, returning to store in WharfTown and planing around on the Towers.]]

_________________
Hork the Ork - Barbarian Ogrillion. [ac]
June Lucaus - Division One Marksmen.


Available RP Times : Weekdays [4:30 PM - 10:30 PM]
Weekends [10:00 AM - whenever.]
[/ac]


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 19 2014, 19:25 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

Several of the militia and Silver Dragons with carpentry experience are put on detail to help Hork construct the first of two lookout towers, located by the settlement's lone elven resident's usual spot for selling his wares. The ancient Hollis Redwheel, the town's master carpenter, has been tasked with helping the Orgrillion, with his extensive knowledge of the sometimes tricky task of stopping structures from sinking into Wharftown's porous, sandy soil. Alanna also asks him to mitigate any disputes or miscommunications that might come up between the townsfolk and Hork, putting his calm, fastidious demeanor to good use.

The morning drills go as usual: hand-to-hand combat and mage practice followed by archery and ballistae training. The Captain has actually been on time to each of these drills- though she often shows up bleary-eyed and with barely brushed hair, stumbling through the lantern portal- it seems she has someone else keeping time for her now.

When morning training finishes, the Captain steps up and makes an announcement.

"Within the next few days we are going to have a surprise drill, so look very sharp, my lambs. If you're caught unawares, you will hurt for it. Prepare as if the Amnish attack was imminent. If you see your neighbor slacking, smack them into shape. If you see your partner hasn't taken proper care of his blade, tell your superior. You must all be in top fighting condition, at all times, from this moment forward. Warmaster Raziel and Lieutenant Gavin will be on you like slave drivers. Make yourselves proud!"

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
Nakomis Wolfen
 
PostPosted: Tue, Aug 19 2014, 22:42 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 21 Dec 2005

A usual visitor to the seaside town, a certain raven haired half elf's visits seemed to have dropped off dramatically. When she does come through she doesn't seem to linger for longer than a moment or two. A friendly nod to the residents if they acknowledge her, but otherwise keeps to herself, before continuing on her way. While not outright hostile, she seems to have at least a slight glare or scowl for the most part. Whatever her reason for being or not being there, or if it even has anything to do with her disposition, she never stays long enough for it to matter.

_________________
Chiania Windleaf-nervous druid/shifter who's happily in love and married to her Seabird, with three "cubs".
Darby Mirth-troubled half-elf with an interest in the sea.
Kaci- short...moody... faithful of Lord Firemane.


 
      
HorkTheOrk
 
PostPosted: Wed, Aug 20 2014, 0:51 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Amia.

[[Withing the next few days, the Exsperianced individuals and Hork continue the construction of the first of two towers. The construction reachs the next tier, as Hork and the individuals repeat the first process Hork did originaly alone. Hork brings out a large bucket, and fills it full of Cold water from the WharfTown water supply. Taking out a large chunk of Clay, Hork tosses the clay inside the bucket. Taking out a large stick-like object. Hork beings to stir the Clay inside the bucket full of Cold water. Getting the Clay nice and thick. Hork takes one large Oak plank and puts a fair amount of Clay on the Oak plank's top. Taking another plank and connects them both. Holding them long enough together so the Clay hardens in-between them both. Keeping them stuck together. Hork continues this process two more times. Making a Forty foot area. Having a base set of Oak planks, laying Horizontal on the ground. The area within the large perfect-right angle square is forty feet. After Hork gets a large enough Square made. Hork throws more Clay inside the bucket of Cold water after cleaning it out. Getting more Clay like substance that is a large chunk of glue-like substance. Hork takes another Oak Plank and stands it on the first Horizontal Oak Plank. Adding Clay substance to the bottom allowing them to stick together. Hork would repeat this process Thirty-Nine times in total, ten times per-Horizontal Oak plank. Adding and mixing Cold water with Clay to form a pace like substance. Hork stands Vertical pieces of Oak planks on the Horizontal planks. Each horizontal plank contains ten vertical Oak planks standing on top of them. With clay like glue holding them together. Thus createing the second tier fo the Tower. Which reachs of high heights. One is unable to fully attach themselfs up without some sort of device. The individuals selected to assit Hork, and Hork, bring forth a bundle of ladders. The Tower holds up sterdy.

As the Drills of the morning go on, Hork ignores them fully. Continueing to work. Even if the individuals have left. Hork collects suplies, and drops off in WharfTown's fund chest. Keeping a calm and intimidating deamenor.]]

_________________
Hork the Ork - Barbarian Ogrillion. [ac]
June Lucaus - Division One Marksmen.


Available RP Times : Weekdays [4:30 PM - 10:30 PM]
Weekends [10:00 AM - whenever.]
[/ac]


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Fri, Aug 29 2014, 3:51 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

In Wharftown, a noticeable shift in mood could be noticed among the Kohlingen guard and even Wharftowns own militia. Quiet grumblings of 'selling out' could be heard to be muttered on occasion from the small towns own loyal men, and more vocally uttered from Kohlingens. Strangers dressed more roughly, who came to the place, found themselves treated with more suspicion, but left alone if they weren't causing trouble. Any who stayed for long, could tell the guard were unhappy and on edge, those who were taking up guard positions on the paths into the town doing so in increased numbers and seeming much more jumpy than usual to sightings of the local bandits that plagued the way.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
PolarBear
 
PostPosted: Sat, Aug 30 2014, 0:25 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

Following the morning drills the militiamen would find themselves being addressed by the Warmaster before their dismissal was granted...


"I understand that you have all been out here for quite some time now, so I will keep this short. In my many comings and goings I have begun to overhear a few less than savory rumblings among you all. I will remind you that we are a single cohesive unit, and to remain effective we must continue to operate as such. This includes this apparent displeasure that you are currently undergoing. If there is an issue then bring it forth. Do not mutter behind your fellow's back, nor that of your officer's. If you have a grievance, or other displeasure that you would like addressed, then I will personally speak with you. Remember that we are brothers and sisters in arms. We need not fight among ourselves, we need stand united to face the coming tides which will wash upon our shores."

_________________
Raziel Fearian: Tempuran Warpriest - Cordor-STU


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Sat, Aug 30 2014, 23:40 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

The Captain, away on business matters more often than not lately, has become a fixture in the town again.

After Raziel makes his announcement after the morning drills, Alanna gives the men time to rest and eat before delivering her own before the afternoon training session.

"I want to settle a few matters before we get underway. Many of you may have heard I was considering taking in a number of bandits to be a part of the defense force. This is true- it is a matter I put a great deal of thought to.

I know the fact that I have even considered this course of action will not sit well with most of you, but I ask that you hear my reasoning. We are a small force tasked with defending a stretch of coastline that spans the entire length of the isle, and we simply do not have the manpower to effectively complete that task. This leaves us, Cordor, and Bendir Dale vulnerable to attack. That situation alone is why I did not outright dismiss the use of the brigand group as scouts. Despite rumors, however, I did -not- hire them, and explicitly stated that I would need to speak with my officers before making any final decisions.

I have decided to heed the feelings of you all and not make use of the brigand group. I hope that you can all understand why I grappled with such a decision- but in the end, your wellbeing and peace of mind will always be my top priority.

To prevent such strife in future, I will be having meetings once a tenday with the commanding officers of the Silver Dragons, the Wharftown Militia, and the Hands to discuss strategy and address any concerns or problems of the troops at large. If you have something you want brought up at our meetings, tell your commanding officer, and it will be redressed."


She finishes her speech without much pomp, and immediately seeks out Lieutenant Dixon in private, offering an apology for her brusque tone in correspondence with the Kohlingen War Council, explaining that it was a case of mistaken identity as they had never been properly introduced, and requests that they speak further to facilitate ease of communication and familiarity between Wharftown and the assigned Kohlinginer forces.

The Silver Dragon posted at the gate who witnessed the discussion between the Captain and the brigands is also sought out and apologized to. After, the exhausted Captain retreats back to her house by the temple, though candles remain lit deep into the night.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
slkNihilus
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 01 2014, 2:38 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 29 Jun 2008

Though it took long to come, Amn's first blow fell with the force of a warhammer. The fishing village of Uhm, off the West Coast of Amia, was within a few hours turned into nothing more than a memory by a war galleon's barrage of arcane magic. Though many looked for survivors in the rubble that dotted the blasted landscape where Uhm had been, not a single one could be found - and many adventurers were unfortunate enough to learn the reason for that first-hand.

Two grim displays were made, both apparently with the intent to drive a message home: a massive bird-shaped pyre had been erected just outside of Uhm's walls, a good number of people nailed to its wooden frame, then set ablaze with thirteen other unfortunate souls being set on fire and thrown off the highest mast of the war galleon, to crash onto the deck many tens of feet below.

Though it had cost Amn a ship and dozens of lives, the message had been delivered - a brutal challenge and a warning both. The war would soon start.


 
      
PolarBear
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 01 2014, 15:39 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Location: Maryland

Righteous Anger wrote:
Within an hour of the assault on Uhm a small contingency of elves is seen entering Wharftown from the East -- twenty leather and mithral-chain garbed archer-scouts fully prepared for battle. Once they arrive the officer at their head - a tall sun elf in gleaming mithral plate - gives a list of succinct orders, the small force splitting into each direction of the compass. A contingency moves along each direction of the coast, immediately setting about scouting the shoreline. The rest aid in the daily tasks and duties of the soldiers stationed within the fishing village.

The officer, grim-faced and focused, returns whence he came -- yet not without leaving word for Commander Alanna of the Wharftown.



Upon noting the presence of the Elven contingent the Warmaster set out to speak with the officers of the militia, and as well the Silver Dragons. His demeanor was much different than what most would be accustomed to from him, a carefully contained fury warred beneath the surface pleading to be let out. As he was able to draw the officers out and speak with them his words to all were short, but very similar.

"Captain Alanna will be speaking with the Elven commander as time permits. However, for the time being they are to be welcomed, and their assistance allowed in whatever manner they may present such. We cannot fight on this front alone, and they offer the assistance we so desperately need. I don't give a damn about personal feelings toward their kind, but we all will work together and see this through to the bitter end."

Notably the warmaster's usual black and crimson leathers had been replaced. Pitch black armor trimmed in silver trim now in place of the usual attire, a burning Phoenix emblazoned upon its chest.

_________________
Raziel Fearian: Tempuran Warpriest - Cordor-STU


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Tue, Sep 02 2014, 21:51 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

During the midday, the sound of an arriving squad of men would be noticed in the town - a small contingent of Kohlingeners moving through the town with a small number of ballista to accompany. Rolled through with a wood creak, they were positioned to point out from the docks and over the sea before the men went to assist the others of the small town


~~~~

The brief mood that had captured Wharftown, had soon been dispelled. The words of their Captain and others, quickly assured them that all was not as they had suspected and feared, the mumblings and grumblings all but vanished and a growing solidarity took a hold of them once more. Still, they watched the paths to the bandit infested area's warily, but soon any remaining fears and apprehension they held from the matter dissipated when the matter of Uhm's destruction reached their ears. Determination and resolve took over them, perhaps even a sense of abashedness at their former actions. Those who continued to hold issue, kept it to themselves or quickly found themselves subject to their annoyance of their comrades.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
bobofwestoregonusa
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 26 2014, 1:00 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Location: Southern Florida

The High Captain of Tarkuul can be seen opening a tab of no less than fifty thousand gold in the Shanty. Free drinks to everyone, but his only request is that Garth say "Courtesy of Sir Gerald Edmund" for every drink on his copper.

OOC: Minor typo in regards to the naming convention edited.

_________________
Image
Gerald Edmund
Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433


Last edited by bobofwestoregonusa on Fri, Sep 26 2014, 20:05 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
Hudson
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 26 2014, 9:07 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Location: Bendir's Dale

((The Nomad is in Cordor! Wharftown has the Shanty.))

_________________
Characters played:

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)


 
      
bobofwestoregonusa
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 26 2014, 20:57 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Location: Southern Florida

// *cough cough* Totally what I meant <.<

_________________
Image
Gerald Edmund
Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Fri, Oct 17 2014, 15:13 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

With the climatic end to the threat facing the island, the additional garrison that had been stationed in Wharftown made their way home. Bidding their fellow soldiers who yet remained farewell, they pack weapons and goods and made to use the convenient Triumvir Lamp (one by one) to see their loved ones once again.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group