View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Fri, Nov 11 2016, 23:49 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

The young shamaness would watch their interaction from a distance upon the shattered docks, likely approaching at a later time once she deems it necessary.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Sat, Nov 12 2016, 11:21 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

The exchange appeared to have occurred as the locals would have seen the familiar blue clad ranger and a blonde, yellow clad woman speaking with the dwarven envoy. Additionally, a larger armoured figure would have been seen speaking with them, as well as the young shamaness, near to the temple. Given the overall demeanour, it appears things went very well.

_________________
Image


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Mon, Nov 14 2016, 0:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

That fellow that had jumped into the bay the other night, fully clothed, was back. This time he pulled his sorry arse onto the dock near Jonah. Then all soaking wet and looking /a lot/ worse for wear, he stumbled into the Slanty Shanty.

Seems he had a room there registered under 'Rane'. He didn't exactly look as if he'd really make it all the way to the room, having to hold onto tables then walls. But he did. He wasn't answering any questions like, What happened? or Were ya drunk and fell into the water? or Need a towel?

The door to his room closed after him and not much after that.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Pathfinder
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:20 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdom

Though Caermoi had little skill in masonary, she did have a pair of hands and could follow instructions. The elf spent a while helping shift rubble from the temple - as her first visit to the town found it to be suffering after what events transpired.

_________________
Playing:-

A cabal of miscreants seeking order in a world of chaos.

~~~

I draw derpy MS Paint things, they are all terrible!


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2016, 11:05 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

Pathfinder wrote:
Though Caermoi had little skill in masonary, she did have a pair of hands and could follow instructions. The elf spent a while helping shift rubble from the temple - as her first visit to the town found it to be suffering after what events transpired.

// The rubble is actually long since gone and cleaned up from the attack. It just hasn't actually been edited to look as such. :)

_________________
Image


 
      
Pathfinder
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2016, 12:25 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdom

In that case! She did something helpful in relation to rebuilding. Temple, docks or defences.

_________________
Playing:-

A cabal of miscreants seeking order in a world of chaos.

~~~

I draw derpy MS Paint things, they are all terrible!


 
      
#StraightOutaAvernus
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 16 2016, 3:16 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Location: WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHERE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?! NGAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

[A Kobold casually makes its way through, a cowl pulled over its head firm; keeping an eye about the place with a curious level of interest. It almost seemed to watch the proceedings of reconstruction, especially when the Brass got involved…

… -and then after a minute or two, or the minute it was seen; the black-cloaked thing scampered and hid]

_________________
*So, i've got a question for ya.
*do you think even the worst person can change…?
*that everyone can be a good person, if they just try?
*all right.
*well, here's a better question
*do you wanna have a bad time


Playing: Tanar'i Shit Disturbers


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Mon, Nov 21 2016, 0:03 AM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

A drow wrapped in fine silks and jewelry of blue and gold made her way into the broken temple grounds. A small copper dragon trailed behind her, flashing a grin at anyone who came near enough to look at him. The Lady Sui'Aerl Valis paused at the center of the temple and respectfully spoke a prayer to Mystra and Selune. She then knelt and withdrew a fine blade from a magic bag. Resting it on a thin silk sheet, she rose again and reached into a pouch at her belt. She had practiced this process many times, especially after her father had shown her how to do it. She had already prepared the blade by systematically and ritualistically layering spells, weaving them into a permanent augmentation. It had taken days to do properly, but now she just needed to finish it with the most important one.

The sorceress withdrew a gem from the pouch - a moonstone replica Selune's Eye. Holding it in her left hand, she drew in a deep breath. This would be a lengthy process, but once she finished this part, the blade would be complete. She reached deep into herself, searching for the power behind a more sympathetic approach to magic, as Ulrik had explained to her long ago. Here, within the Temple of Selune, she grasped her own deep hatred for Undead and tugged the threads of magic which she would normally weave into a powerful, maximized variation of the spell Undeath to Death. And she began to chant.

Image


The magic surrounded the replica Selune's Eye, which she used as a focus for the energies at her fingertips. They swirled before her in a cacophony of blazing light. She kept her eyes closed against it, but she did not need to see it to know exactly how to finish off this impressive feat of artifice. She slowly weaved the spell into the blade, ritualistically calling upon the clashing divine and Necromantic energies of the spell so well-known for destroying Undead. Her eyes squeezed tight as the minutes ticked away. Sweat began to gather on her brow after half an hour of this focused casting. The magic shrouded the mithral blade, seeming to call upon even the positive energies that surrounded the sorceress.

Sui'Aerl exhaled heavily when an hour passed and she released the precise ritual. The magic fled from her fingertips and settled with a hum over the blade. She sank down into a crouch next to the weapon and leaned forward to examine it. A low sound thrummed once as the spell latched onto those already present, sealing them together in a single masterful work of art. Delicately, she slipped the moonstone replica back into her pouch and lifted the blade to examine it with the flat on her palm. It hummed with energy, brighter than any blade she had seen before. A smile danced over her lips as she admired the enhancements she had made.

"He better like that," Boulderdash quipped.

Sui'Aerl looked at the wyrmling and chuckled. Brushing her hair back from her face, she stood on tired legs with the help of her staff. She sheathed the blade and inclined her head respectfully to the clergy of Selune's Temple.

"He will love it," she replied. The pair departed the temple to return to Kohlingen and put the finishing touches on the blade before delivery.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - First Knight of Kohlingen
Lady Sui'Aerl Valis - Everyone's Favorite Artificer
Oiwyna Thunderhammer - Bloodmaiden of Barak Runedar
-------------------


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 10:50 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

The evening was filled with roaring laughter and good company within the Shanty, this evening. A large group sitting by the fire, drinking and having a great time. Among them being a senile, depressing old man, a black clad male elf, a redheaded male hin, a blonde robed male elf, a redheaded female elf clad in leathers, and a fully armour, smelly, loud dwarf. Earlier in the evening, it was also noted that they had others among them, or perhaps just frequenting the Shanty, itself. Characters such as a dragon kin with bronze wings, another rather non-descript hin, and interestingly enough, a kobold and a... kenku?

Overall, the night was loud with their shenanigans. The tavern/inn filled with the laughter from their drinking games and fun demeanour. It sounds like it was a good night within the Shanty.

_________________
Image


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 22 2016, 22:41 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

The once roaring fire that accompanied the raucous group was flickering embers, the group long gone to get some rest. Some to sleep of too much of a 'great time'. It was too early for breakfast. So the chairs and tables were the audience when the bronze winged Rane drifted into the Slanty Shanty.

Barefooted, shirt unbuttoned, wet haired and holding a half empty whiskey bottle he made a b-line to the piano. The whiskey bottle was relegated to be audience member watching from the top of the instrument.

There was no introduction to the piece, it seemed to start in the middle. For the next hour the soft haunting melody echo'd around the tavern. Until, suddenly it stopped, seemingly in the middle just as it had started.

Rane was out the door, bottle in hand, before the last of the lingering notes faded to silence. Leaving the dying embers desperate crackling as the only applause.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 04 2016, 1:53 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

A favorite spot for the winged brother and sister, Rane and Dery, was the cliff near benches and firepit and alters. Rane had been diving off the rock there at the edge with Dery often joining him.

As their wings gained strength from using them to 'fly' under water they would glide out before turning downward to dive into the sea water.

The weather didn't seem to deter them as a matter of fact rain seemed to attract them to dive and glide and fly more often than not.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 05 2016, 1:11 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

The winged brother and sister are joined the next dawn by a smaller, colorful kin of mysterious origin. She is garbed in light, roomy clothing as she prepares to entangle with her marbled sister from behind, hooking her arms beneath the woman's armpits. She utters a few soothing words, as if they might need some calming for the approaching experiment, and dives off the rocky cliff in the odd embrace...

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 06 2016, 4:03 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

The particularly well known blue clad ranger is seen wandering around, speaking to the locals, as well as putting up notices to be wary of kidnappings around Amia. His patrols also appear to increase some as he keeps a sharp eye and ear out for anything happening near to the town.

_________________
Image


 
      
Strom
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 07 2016, 14:12 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Location: Wales, UK

Rook was seen slipping from the direction of the Triumvir lamp toward the Clockworks more regularly. Sometimes more gracefully than others, an experimental looking metal leg replacing the peg she'd often worn on the stump of her left knee. It appeared to operate by some simple gnomish mechanics - though given the frequency of her visits it seemed the reliability of it for everyday use was still a little temperamental.

A notice was tacked up inside;

Seeking Professional TinkererI am seeking a tinkerer to work on a personal project, the refinement of an item to aid in my mobility which could have some wider uses beyond my own use.

You may leave messages for me at the Slanty Shanty,

Rook

_________________
Characters:

Rook

Image

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:40 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

Over the previous couple weeks, a number of notable things appear to have occured:

- After a talk with Garth, it appears Aedan had been properly appointed as Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn, as well as Alice becoming a secretary/councilwoman to Garth.

- However, it appears Alice had dropped her position, as well as sold her house to a group of others, leaving Wharftown. As after effects, this would seem to have been due to a disagreement of some sort between her and Aedan, leading to them breaking things off.

- For a time, Aedan was seen focusing rather heavily on his patrols, mostly seeming fairly depressed over this and that. Though, his mood had lightened on occassion when he would sit and talk with friends inside the Shanty.

- Somewhat more recently, Aedan was also seen speaking with the previous envoy of the dwarves regarding the slowness on all the repairs of the town, among other things.

- Even more recently, over the past few days, Aedan has been seen around Wharftown with an elf with long red hair and green eyes. In fact, he's likely been seen with her, alone, in the Shanty, speaking about any number of things. Whatever it is, though, the blue clad ranger appears far more happy than he has been as of late.

- Today, outside the Shanty, Aedan was likely seen speaking with Rane and Seyr'rithux about a few things. One thing including the now recruitment of Rane into the Hands of Ieriyn. Additionally, with their conversation, it would have been mentioned that Miakoda, as well, was earlier made a member as well.

Each of these things, from beginning to end, had happened over the course of the last couple weeks, it seems.

_________________
Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:53 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

Indeed, the familiar shamaness appears from her home after a long period of absence, a towering white wolf at her flank. He stands tall and proud, alert to his surroundings as he ventures into the outskirts of the town with Miakoda, a bitter draft of wind following perpetually in his wake.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Kitten
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 08 2016, 19:57 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 29 Aug 2007

Indeed, a petite elf with long red hair, tear-drop shaped ears, and round eyes is sometimes found in Wharftown. Spending time around the Slanty Shanty or outside near the damaged Temple of Selune, she stays in places where others can easily come across her, when she is there. Whether singing or humming or dancing around, she is always cheerful. Even when she sometimes looks off to the sky in thought. For the past several days, she seems to be in Aedan's company for most of her time in the fishing village.

She's only stayed overnight in the inn once, though. It seems there is yet another place she calls home.

_________________
Serpencinder
Liana'ae, Bard from the Blighted Wood


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Sat, Dec 10 2016, 20:03 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

After a few flying dives and a swim, Rane shows up at the south barricade. He clears out any debris and with his trusty shovel digs post holes. The night time doesn't seem to bother him especially since he provides his own light for the job.

After the holes are dug he wrestles the tall iron wood posts into the holes one at a time. Considering his dragon blood enhanced strength and stamina, it doesn't seem to tire him out as much as one might think and before long the line of posts are to the tree line. Lastly he sets up the braces along the wall so that it matches the barricade on the opposite side of the south road.

Then it's breakfast time. He's next seen eating and talking to Garth inside the Slanty Shanty.


// South Wharftown barricade 1, South Wharftown barricade 2, South Wharftown barricade 3, South Wharftown barricade 4

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
That Guy
 
PostPosted: Sat, Dec 10 2016, 20:52 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Nov 2014

A fairly uncommon sight in Wharftown, the Goldkin Knight Captain of Kohlingen steps off a boat, and peers around the area. She strides up the hill, and into town, greeting any she sees with a nod and a brief smile. She then dons a helmet, and straps a shield to her arm. Once prepared, she begins patrolling the outer edge of the town, sword at the ready. If anyone questions her behavior, she would inform them that Kohlingen is simply aiding with the new Captain's patrol schedule for the time being.


 
      
Anatida
 
PostPosted: Sat, Dec 10 2016, 20:58 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Texas Y'all

The Shanty was bustling with activity recently. After a rather in-depth conversation with a group about purchasing a ship, Derolth left the tavern to bound down the docks and stand waiting for the local Shipwright to start his workday. It seemed the bronzekin was intent on shadowing and helping those that worked at the dock, whether they agreed to hire her or not!


// Would like a meeting with the NPC that runs the drydock! PlsKThxBai

_________________
Image
Iim'mur'ss - Grandmaster Shadowdancer / Aaralyn - Diplomat / Oleander - Toxic Desert Flower


 
      
Winter Night
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2016, 0:36 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 10 Jan 2014

[b]A cold wind lazily blew around Wharftown early one morning, yet it did not come from the mountains, nor did it come from the sea.
To the Cart Driver near the Tavern it would have come from a few feet in front of him, to anyone walking nearby it would have come from the road itself, the cross-roads in fact.

The lamp gains an icy sheen and the colour of the morning light distorts before going out due to the cold..
A few moments later a rolling mist flows out from the centre of the cross-roads and mushrooms begin to sprout up, in a circle around the centre of the cross-roads.

The immediate cold within the circle intensifies and the mist rises up into the air several feet, enough for a frosty woman and a Horse Sized Wolf to step out of.

Not long after stepping from the mist did her first visitor arrive.

Image

She would remain in the town for the majority of the day. Watching those who come and go. Listening to what is said by others. And occasionally, actually joining in on conversations or making a comment of her own.

_________________
My Character's:
Fae'relina Frostarae - The Queen of the Cold Shoulder.
Köle (Coo-Lay) - An Amnish Man who's quite lost.
Umbriana Gladium-Tabellarius - Cimbarian Mercinary.


 
      
Strom
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2016, 16:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Location: Wales, UK

Rook had languished in an Inn Room, occasionally muffled sounds escaped like pained moans. Occasionally a green-blue half-dragon would duck inside and murmur some strange magics, at which point the sounds of complaint would lessen considerably.

_________________
Characters:

Rook

Image

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)


 
      
That Guy
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2016, 20:21 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Nov 2014

Around mid-afternoon, a golden, flying humanoid would circle overhead several times, surveying the entirety of Wharftown. Finally she would land, and walk the perimeter of the town, an eye out for unusual occurrences.


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2016, 21:23 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

More groups of events over the last couple days. Starting with the previous morning.

Early morning, Aedan and Lia were seen departing the Shanty. Aedan carrying a happy, yet also somber expression on his face as the two of them headed to the docks. They took a ship to Cordor and some time passed. Upon Aedan's return, his previous happiness had faded, carrying a more forced expression on his face to combat an obvious sadness. He made his way to the Shanty.

Inside the Shanty, a group of familiar faces were seen by the fire as Aedan moved to the bar without a sound. However, it wasn't long before something else occurred. Lights went out and a black arrow rung out, landing in Atla'zhyr's chest. A fair bit of concern and aiding later, the elves and a particular winged half elf departed through a portal with him, leaving Aedan and Miakoda behind. The two of them then spoke, Aedan choking back all his sadness, before Mia had him follow her to the south of town.

A short time after, three laboured cries ring out from the south, sounding like they came from Aedan. But then the silence. Shortly after, Aedan and Mia returned, Aedan appearing a bit better, but also as if he had just been crying. They entered the inn and into the back inn room. A short time later, Mia departed the room, leaving Aedan to get more sleep.

Later in the day, Aedan was seen around town as always, still appearing quite stressed and others, dealing with whatever happened as well as everything else around Wharftown. Though, throughout the day, he's seen speaking with various friends in town, keeping him distracted at the least. Later he was seen heading to Kohlingen briefly before returning again.

That evening, Aedan entered the Shanty and wound up conversing with a redhaired young woman most know as Mary. Despite interruptions from others, and having some fun distractions from everything, the conversation between the two appeared to persist well into the evening. By the end of it, Aedan actually would appear to have been feeling a fair bit better, as well.

_________________
Image


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 13 2016, 22:27 PM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

The young woman known as Mary passes through Wharftown in observant silence, just watching the others who linger about the place, as well as residents. She stays mostly quiet, though she seems to gravitate toward any gatherings, especially if Aedan or any number of the recent dragon-blooded residents are present. When addressed, she does not hesitate to offer her typical warm smile along with a pleasant greeting. Overall, she remains calm, serene almost. Her striking blue eyes are always bright with interest, as if everything she encounters is some kind of learning opportunity.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - First Knight of Kohlingen
Lady Sui'Aerl Valis - Everyone's Favorite Artificer
Oiwyna Thunderhammer - Bloodmaiden of Barak Runedar
-------------------


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 14 2016, 23:40 PM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Mary might be seen carrying a handful of magic bags into a house next to the Slanty Shanty, as well as a few pieces of furniture some time later. She and Aedan spend some time going in and out of the building, or pausing to talk quietly about nothing in particular.

Mary also places a nice little potted plant outside by the door. After whatever work being done inside is complete, she pulls on her helmet and departs the town again via the portal lamp.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - First Knight of Kohlingen
Lady Sui'Aerl Valis - Everyone's Favorite Artificer
Oiwyna Thunderhammer - Bloodmaiden of Barak Runedar
-------------------


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2016, 8:28 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

A certain green-garbed warrior that had not been seen much in Wharftown in.. a long time.. seemed to have made some reappearances. She had stopped by the Shanty, spoken some to Aedan and even took out a few visitors for patrols and such. It wasn't clear if she was staying and the only resident aside from Aedan that she spoke much to was Garth, but it was something. Who knew what it meant?

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
rafaelmacgyver
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2016, 14:33 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

After the tragic event that ended the party, Wilfire waitted by the Sergeant to be allowed to enter the Inn to make an assesment of any major structural damage the biulding may have sustainned.


If allowed: The Hin would've spend all the night on the inspection of the foundations and walls and the two blast areas, making calculations and notes of what needs to be done and the materials needed.

If not allowed: He would've be stubborn and wait as long as possible, possible falling asleep outside by the carts.

_________________
Wilfire Strongfeet (Tight pants)
Adela Griffonheart (Poke)
Hallvardr Erikson (Sexy Boy)
Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2016, 21:06 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

Pitt could be seen, the morning after the party, giving a report to the Sergeant at Wharftown. The report would detail the immediate events leading up to Hojo's attack, the attack itself, steps he took to end the assault, and how he decided to follow Aedan to warn him someone would likely try and recover Hojo's body. He would then detail his decision to return to town as the bandits attacked, while very badly wounded, and warn the others Hojo's body was being taken, rather then risk fighting alone against the force he just watched kill about nine other people, including Aedan himself.

"I didn't see much choice, if I had stayed and tried to continue fighting after everyone fell, they likely would have been hauling our corpses away in addition to the one they came for. I saw retreat as the only option."

Notably lacking from the report would be the names or actions of anyone aside from himself, unless it was necessary for context.

"I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth and I don't like hearsay, nor do I speak for anyone but myself. If you want to know what I saw someone else doing or saying, you can ask, but I would rather just provide my account as I definitely know what I did or didn't do."


// if any dm or pc with WT authority has any questions or wants more details about what happened pm me or ask ig or greentext or whatever. Pitt would make himself available for such discussion.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2016, 23:21 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

rafaelmacgyver wrote:
After the tragic event that ended the party, Wilfire waitted by the Sergeant to be allowed to enter the Inn to make an assesment of any major structural damage the biulding may have sustainned.


If allowed: The Hin would've spend all the night on the inspection of the foundations and walls and the two blast areas, making calculations and notes of what needs to be done and the materials needed.

If not allowed: He would've be stubborn and wait as long as possible, possible falling asleep outside by the carts.


Aedan, at the least, would allow and welcome Wil's help. That is, unless his authority is overturned by someone higher. But given things having calmed down since the previous night, it's unlikely anyone would stop any help that's given.

_________________
Image


 
      
Crowfeather
 
PostPosted: Sat, Dec 17 2016, 5:27 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 04 Sep 2015

A figure in pale armor with purple scales and wings is seen about Wharftown. She looks a bit different from her usual vestments of cloth of gold and twilight, but it is obviously the same half-dragon woman. Locals would note she has been passing along the coast road from Cordor north through the Lowland Delta, and into Wharftown and beyond even to the brink of the Quagmires near Kohlingen; if not a daily trek it seems to be nearly so, and has been happening for the past couple months at least.

Today, in her new pale armor she rests and sits a while in Wharftown, talking to a winged Merilyn and Samantha, and two kobolds, notably Kurchin and Soren. When the Hands and Knights of Kohlingen exit their meeting at the smoke-tinged Slanty Shanty and search frantically for a mysterious "Girl in a Red Dress" the purple-scaled woman watches the goings on with curious yellow eyes until they pass out of sight. Not long after her conversation companions depart on a walk to stretch their legs and she heads for the pink hued lamp at the edge of town.

If asked about the goings on she would have simply replied; "None of my business, I'm sure." Before stepping into the portal to the Triumvir.

_________________
Its me. You know it.


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 6:18 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

edited; moved below.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


Last edited by Commie on Tue, Dec 27 2016, 19:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 6:35 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

// Why did I just know this was going to be taken OOC? First let me point out a fact that the altar was sitting in the middle of the crossroads in the middle of town. Additionally, the altar had NO description out of the standard one, as well. Only thing even linking it was it's name being "Altar of Selune" with different text things for the "U". I'm sorry to cause a stir over this, but no. Just no. The original person that placed it, likewise, was NOT in the area at all, I should point out, when it was broken. Please do not try to throw blame for stuff like this by convenience.

_________________
Image


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 6:38 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

//This is a public event witnessed by NPCs and should be posted so DMs can properly react. There is nothing wrong with posting a public happening, a public event, and is actually what this entire topic is for.

Moreover this is an IC posting of an IC happening and isn't being taken OOC. Until you posted, that is.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 6:45 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

// We don't need anyone's word except for a DM's on the issue, imo. Let whatever reaction it garners happen if a DM wants. We don't need an explanation of how public threads work, we got it. Back IC.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 6:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:
// We don't need anyone's word except for a DM's on the issue, imo. Let whatever reaction it garners happen if a DM wants. We don't need an explanation of how public threads work, we got it. Back IC.


//Don't preach at us and then say "only a DM's word matters." Once again, you and Terallis are the ones to go OOC.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:18 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

The local shamaness takes to the borders of the village often, patrolling alongside her hulking lupine companion. The Winter winds seem to bother her little, the snowy furs cloaking her shoulders making for apt camouflage whilst stalking the perimeter of Amia's hovel-of-the-month. When away from the patrol routes, she often rests by the fire inside of the Shanty, often times alongside the Captain of the local militia. Rather than slink away to solitude, she makes a clear effort to bond with her neighbors this season.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:55 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

TormakSaber wrote:
//This is a public event witnessed by NPCs and should be posted so DMs can properly react. There is nothing wrong with posting a public happening, a public event, and is actually what this entire topic is for.

Moreover this is an IC posting of an IC happening and isn't being taken OOC. Until you posted, that is.

//I took it as OOC since... you know... the "//" was at the beginning. I'm not sure what to make of it now. Maybe the poster you're defending can redo it so it's IC? So it's not so confusing?

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 7:58 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

MazeOfThorns wrote:
TormakSaber wrote:
//This is a public event witnessed by NPCs and should be posted so DMs can properly react. There is nothing wrong with posting a public happening, a public event, and is actually what this entire topic is for.

Moreover this is an IC posting of an IC happening and isn't being taken OOC. Until you posted, that is.

//I took it as OOC since... you know... the "//" was at the beginning. I'm not sure what to make of it now. Maybe the poster you're defending can redo it so it's IC? So it's not so confusing?


// Why are 5 IC screenshots in a public area visible by NPCs in a public road crossing an OOC post? The slashes are the tiniest semantical nitpick in the entire world here, it's incredibly obvious it's meant to provide context to a bunch of IC screenshots in order for an IC post to not consist of 5 links, and nothing else. They are there to prevent a personal bias from showing through on what are objective screenshots shown from a "world-happening" PoV, and not the PoV of a particular PC.

//ed, forgot an N

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 26 2016, 8:05 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

// Tormak, this "//" means OOC. The post had that /before/ the comments and the links. Hence... OOC. That's why. You can call it tiny if you want but it's still OOC because of this "//". And there's shouldn't be OOC comments like that since they could have been done in an IC manner. And I shouldn't have to do all this OOC explaining either. Eesh. May we please get back to IC now?

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 27 2016, 19:10 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

Some rumors in Wharftown; a few days ago a man mostly in blue, known to many as Aedan, shattered an Altar of Selune for being placed in the Wharftown crossroads. A few minutes later, a paladin came by and chastised him for it, but Aedan remained steadfast and defended the altar's destruction.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 27 2016, 19:34 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Rane has been spending time in the Clockwork building speaking in depth with the folks inside. He and the engineer seem to have a lot in common since their conversations sometimes last for hours.

Interestingly he also had a long conversation with the cart driver, going so far as to take detailed measurements of the cart.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Anatida
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 6:25 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Texas Y'all

A large group of people left Wharftown; some by ship, some by flight. Several hours later they returned with a damaged ship. With the boat still taking on water those aboard and on the dock worked to pull it into drydock for repairs. Large tarps were draped over the sides to cover the name of the ship. Once it was secured Dery disappeared into the ship's hull to work on permanent repairs; taking sparse meals and even sleeping there as she put her training under the shipwrights to use!

_________________
Image
Iim'mur'ss - Grandmaster Shadowdancer / Aaralyn - Diplomat / Oleander - Toxic Desert Flower


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 6:40 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

A soaking Shamaness follows suit at the tail of the returning group, walking only with the aid of the blue garbed Captain. He helps her to a bench where they sit and share a brief conversation. As soon as the Ranger departs, the Shamaness silently slinks away to the Shanty with an exhausted gait, disappearing for several hours following the event.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 6:54 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

A wizard is seen removing the ever-so-familiar "Helmet of the Crab" and dawning a gemstone-lined-crown as he gets off the remains of what was once a seaworthy ship. Patting his pockets; and turning his bags of holding 'inside out' dumping vast quantities of water back into the sea.

He uses prestidigitation upon himself and his equipment to dry off, and heads back to the Delta Academy, dismissing his many 'shadow conjuration' planks of wood, the ones used to patch up the ship, as he does so.

"Perhaps next time I'll not portal a kobold to a strange spot on a map."

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 12:03 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Rane stayed with Dery at the ailing ship and tied up the sails so no markings could be seen. He made a few sketches and took some measurements below deck.

On his way to the Shanty with Matthew he was grabbed very forcefully by gold winged Nimiwae who had some angry words for him. Including a challenge to a duel, which certainly seemed to surprise Rane. Andre'us also stepped forward with the shackles off his belt for Rane, causing considerable confusion on Ranes part. Rane was then escorted into the Shanty.

Sometime later Rane departed the Shanty, his expression as serious as a ships captain in a winter storm. And he made mention to Sargent Doran and Reginald that he was no longer a member of the Hands by order of Captain Aedan.

Still much later Rane ventured through Wharftown though not stopping at either the Clockworks or the Shanty as he usually did. He still had a friendly, if subdued, "'Lo" for the folks he passed as he proceeded south out of Wharftown. His shiny new katana in one hand and a dagger in the other he made his way down the west coast towards Cordor.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Strom
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 17:10 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Location: Wales, UK

Rook appeared to be a little bemused following the arrival of the ship; the tiefling emerged from the Clockworks - appearing covered in grease and soot. She'd have seen to making sure any orders regards the vessel were handled quickly through the smiths and craftsmen. Mostly by taking on related tasks.

The proceeding events she observed from a distance, a frown on her face.


(( Apologies for missing the events last night, timezones are the enemy. ))

_________________
Characters:

Rook

Image

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)


 
      
That Guy
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 22:34 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Nov 2014

A rather less than happy Goldkin can be seen leaving Wharftown via flight after saying goodbye to another in Defender Uniform. She seems frustrated, disappointed and, let down as she flies off toward Kohlingen.


 
      
Strom
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 13:42 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Location: Wales, UK

Around the finges of Whaftown, Rook set out doing the usual management of the land. Supping a bulls strength potion for extra clout, she helped coppice the trees selected by the townsfolk for the following year. Likewise she'd start collecting coppice poles of wood and willow branches in preparation for the new year.

In her spare time, the tiefling sat on the cliffs over-looking the water. Making a large, strange frame of interwoven sticks. She seemed to work rather diligently, as though the act held some significance for her.

_________________
Characters:

Rook

Image

Timezone: UK (GMT+0)


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 3:24 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Rane drops by the Slanty Shanty but oddly not for a drink. He drops off a tome off to Mayor Garth. The tome is a How To for turning Wharftowns carts and wagons into sleighs for easier and faster travel on the icy and snowy roads.

The instructions are for either metal or wood so that the Clockworks could easily make what is needed. Hopefully the oxen pulling the carts are happy about this possible update to the carts and wagons they pull around the island.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group