View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Mon, Oct 20 2014, 2:43 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

Wharftown finds itself witness to a letter being placed.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
bobofwestoregonusa
 
PostPosted: Mon, Oct 27 2014, 9:50 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Location: Southern Florida

In the Shanty, there seems to be a commotion. A man drawing a sword and shouting about his daughter being killed - the situation only barely being diffused by Captain Alanna before things got bloody. She took the man, clearly in a state of panic over a girl he called after named "Suzy" repeatedly, to her home and they did not seem to emerge.

_________________
Image
Gerald Edmund
Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!


 
      
Manarethan
 
PostPosted: Mon, Nov 10 2014, 8:09 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Feb 2008

A cacophony of music, sonic energy and magic flared in Wharftown at the hands of a large group of adventurers, intent on displacing the Quintessence sphere that hung above the coastal town. A short time after the attempt began, the Sphere changed from silver to gray, and then to black before it exploded violently, showering the entire Western Coast with black rock and choking clouds of black dust.

The region has now largely returned to normal, and with the removal of the sphere, the sky above Wharftown is once again graced by the moon and stars each night.


 
      
Glim
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 12 2014, 23:20 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia

Around fifty ex-slaves of Underport, freed by Tarkuul and ferried to Cordor by the Moorhound Company some weeks later, arrive by cart at seaside Wharftown. They begin making inquiries at the Shanty, the temple of Selune or with the militia as to how they might begin their new lives there. They are reasonably well clothed and in good health, seeming to have been brought to a modicum of stability during their stay in Tarkuul, meaning that they will not be a burden but a boon upon wherever they stay.


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 13 2014, 18:15 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

The Captain of the Guard, in her usual gregarious fashion, welcomes the new citizens with open arms. Those who are not able to temporarily stay with any families that might open their homes to the former slaves are made at home in several Magnificent Mansions whose entrances are located around the Temple of Selûne and maintained by a grey-haired, taciturn mage in the colors of Kelemvor. Alanna ensures that all of the individuals have a day to settle into their new homes and are well-fed (using her own coin if they do not have it) until getting down to truly integrating them into the community.

The laws of the township are explained in detail to the new citizens by Lieutenant Gavin of the militia, referred to as the "Hands of Ieriyn" by most Wharftowners. A brief history of the settlement is given by Captain Alanna, with an emphasis on the influence the Church of Selûne has had on the culture and politics of the small fishing village- it is made clear that while accepting and tolerant, the Wharftown way of life is to be respected.

All of the ex-slaves are told that they may seek counsel in the Temple if their past experiences are causing them trouble or distress. They are reassured that they will not be committed against their will, nor will magic be used in an attempt to ease their emotional pain unless the clergy is expressly permitted. Alanna goes out of her way to introduce any of the new arrivals who seem particularly withdrawn or skittish to the Moonmaiden's clergy, particularly Maeve, the soft-spoken counselor and spiritualist.

After a short period of acclimation, Alanna begins making a list of the new citizen's skills (however rudimentary). Those who are good at working with their hands are sent to the fishermen on the docks, the elderly Hollace Redwheel, the head of town expansion and building repairs, Zeek at the forge, or the Tannery; cooks to Garth in the Shanty; those familiar with a weapon to the militia; and the unskilled given work where it can be found (mostly cleaning the Shanty, which was in dire need of a thorough scrubbing.) Those interested in working with the Temple staff as aides, alcolytes-in-training, or healers are encouraged to do so, and anyone wishing to hear more about Selûne's dogma are enthusiastically indulged by the zealous Captain.

Any workers who are particularly advanced in their given trade are noted, as are those who show a natural aptitude for or interest in magic or martial training.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
Glim
 
PostPosted: Sat, Nov 15 2014, 19:35 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia

The ex-slaves, oddly enough, seem quite accustomed with the concept of the Magnificent Mansion housing, a few of them explaining that Tarkuul had done much the same for some of them. Though seeming to be decently well fed, they would pack away the meal offered to them like they hadn't eaten in years... or perhaps more accurately, like they still subconsciously fear the food will be taken away from them.

At the introductory speech by Gavin, many of their eyes would glaze over, as though a reflexive reaction when being given instructions; an unquestioning obedience that was beaten into them during their captivity. For better or worse, it is clear that these people will abide by every rule set out for them.

In the days following as they set about finding a place for themselves in the town with the help of the townfolk (they mostly steer clear of anyone wearing a uniform), it becomes clear that they enjoy being able to work. While many were undoubtedly made to work brutal manually labor during their captivity, and all but one or two outright avoid any construction work for this reason, most seem to enjoy fishing at the docks or taking their frustrations out at the forge, or even just quietly weaving cloth and the like. They take to their work like it is the only thing that is truly theirs, a time of relative peace and distraction from the horrors they had faced.

At first, none would visit the temple despite Alanna's assurance that the clergy there might be of help. In fact some small incidents begin to be noticed periodically; nothing violent, but concerns that are raised by some of the existing townsfolk. Things like noticing one of the ex-slaves palm a knife at the dinner table, tucking it away in their sleeve not to be seen again, or getting a little overzealous when clubbing a caught fish. Little indications of the traumas they suffered. However a week or so after their first arrival, one of the more spritely, waif of a young woman would approach the temple and timidly inquire about Selune as she hugs her arms protectively around herself.

A beginning, perhaps.


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Sun, Nov 16 2014, 20:14 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

The kind hearted townsfolk of Wharftown would soldier on with the ex slaves, knowing well they would need to offer them some lee way in their transition to ordinary life - doing what they could to help this. Either offering them more to do the 'simple pleasures' of life or giving them time in the forge to vent out their emotions as desired. The 'petty crimes' were largely ignored by the militia and Silver Dragon guard, unless it became an actual threat - incidents reported to Captain Alanna or the Silver Dragon commander stationed in the small village.

The arrival of someone at the temple was treated with kind smiles and encouragement by the enthusiastic members of the clergy - all too happy to speak on the dogma of Selune and answer any questions the arrival had.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
Carnivorous
 
PostPosted: Mon, Nov 17 2014, 20:15 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 05 Dec 2006

A darkly scaled kobold in the very stereotypical garment of a sleeveless tunic and shorts has been spending much of its time time over the last few nights off the Wharftown coast.
To anybody that can understand the creature who strictly comprehends its native language draconic, he would offer to assist in teaching those how to fish or letting them borrow
its own equipment to buy their fish off of them so they may afford their own supplies. The kobold would call himself Karif Sauriv (Far Eye in draconic) and claim himself to be a
follower of the Lord of the North Wind.

_________________
Account: digit3000

Plays:
Thesekar Blackfang - Kobold Acolyte of Savras
Karif Sauriv - Kobold Stray


 
      
fairdady
 
PostPosted: Mon, Nov 24 2014, 7:43 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 10 Apr 2011

The latest announcement is hung upon Wharftown's public boards:

Image

// Sunday November 30th, 15:00 GMT ((That's a start time an hour later than the usual weekly meetings!))

_________________
fairdady..
Image
Loyal Dwarf of Barak Runedar
Sig by Jaydn- Dragon by Jes


 
      
HorkTheOrk
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 25 2014, 17:17 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Amia.

[The average day carry's on. Nothing strange happens until a large Ogrillion Orc returns from perhaps a large rest. He comes from the direction of Kohlingen. Coming to WharfTown grabbing his favorite axe, then departs off. Returning a few hours later with a couple blocks of wood he then stuffs in his bag.]

_________________
Hork the Ork - Barbarian Ogrillion. [ac]
June Lucaus - Division One Marksmen.


Available RP Times : Weekdays [4:30 PM - 10:30 PM]
Weekends [10:00 AM - whenever.]
[/ac]


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Fri, Nov 28 2014, 9:50 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

The fishing village is missing its wolf, who according to rumor has gone to Waterdeep on business. Her absence is common knowledge throughout; the reason for it less so.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
fairdady
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 07 2014, 5:08 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 10 Apr 2011

Reddok makes the rounds hanging the final poster announcing Barak Runedar's Coin Festival.

_________________
fairdady..
Image
Loyal Dwarf of Barak Runedar
Sig by Jaydn- Dragon by Jes


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 15 2014, 11:22 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

Militia drills, if they've become lax at all, suddenly intensify again - groups of scouts in training are sent up and down the coast to monitor brigand activity. The patrols never engage, just watch and report. These reports are given to the freakishly tall fixture of the small town, captain Alanna, who spends the night of her homecoming drinking with her men in the Shanty.

Seems the wolf is back in Wharftown.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


Last edited by AlannaMolov on Sat, Dec 20 2014, 22:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 18 2014, 21:46 PM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

Some days ago, a familiar corvette makes berth in Wharftown once again, the Damsel's Demise docked and battened down with little fanfare. The Everguard siblings seem to be back in town. After a few days of settling in, Valerius busies himself about the town. The docks and shipyards are gone over thoroughly with a critical eye, the gruff mage incessantly taking down notes in a folder of loose parchment. The defensive walls receive the same treatment, and the mage ventures some distance outside the town, both north and south as he takes his notes, accompanied by an imposing looking Clockwork Soldier to discourage harassment. Soon enough, the wall behind the Shanty's bar is plastered with posters of designs and plans for Garth (or any curious patrons) to pore over.

Rather than being difficult to read blueprints, the posters seems to be done more in the style of scenery paintings, showing a hypothetical Wharftown. One depicts the town with expanded walls, encompassing territory to expand to the South, and artfully drawn orchards and terrace farms to the Northeast. The new walls are manned with constructs and small ballistae to keep the bandits and bloodmoon orcs at bay. Another shows a large harbor with a rustic, but very well-equipped shipyard with fishermen and shipwrights hard at work. Some effort seems to be spent on depicting a larger, prosperous harbour without a heavy-handed industrial feeling. The last painting shows a decently sized artificer's workshop and forge placed near the Temple of Selune. Around the town, sticks pushed into the dirt with small, brightly colored scraps of cloth tied to them serve as markers, evidence of the more mathematical planning happening deep in the wizard's notebooks.

With the notes done and the "mood" paintings put up for Garth and the citizenry, Vale starts on more substantial work. A small group of three or four workers are hired, selected from the less-fortunate survivors of the war, or freed slaves from Underport. Their wages, food and board is paid out of the magi's own pocket, and they begin a grueling apprenticeship under the stern but patient artificer. The craft being taught is not the arcane, but rather the physically demanding art of the forge. From the beginning, the burgeoning craftsmen are taught to emphasis quality over quantity, so as to eventually produce works of enchantable quality. Although Valerius is often less than personable and the work is difficult, the wizard is cognizant of the new apprentices' troubles and traumas. They are allowed to progress at their own pace, and Vale seems a reasonably adept judge of skill and aptitude, pushing each worker to the extent of their ability and no further. Their actual talent at the craft (for now) seems largely irrelevant to the wizard, whom seems content just to give a small group purpose and a steady livelihood. He knows that time and patience can bring skill to even the roughest starts.

Wharftown's forgemaster is very generously compensated for space and materials during the first stages of their work, and the first crude weapons to come from the apprentices are donated to the militia as training materials.


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Sat, Dec 20 2014, 22:32 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

Wharftown scouts are requested by the Captain to begin paying special attention to the Crypt of the Burning Dead for "unusual occurrences." It is explained that a lich has been roving the isle and using existing populations of undead to terrorize towns and merchant caravans. They are cautioned not to engage, simply to observe and immediately warn the town if something seems off - stealth and personal safety is stressed. The information, Alanna explains, should remain strictly within the guard to avoid civilian panic.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
Elorathall
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 21 2014, 19:40 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 13 Mar 2011

The Wharftown scouts would likely note that regular presence of certain sun-priest in the vicinity of the crypt.

_________________
Aernoud Van Brabant: Heir of the House. Proprietor of the Beer Wagon.
"Go to the Mayfields, have a pint, and wait for this to blow over."

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 28 2014, 0:12 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

*Crow leaves a report with one of the guards, using one of his blanks from Bendir Dale*

Quote:
Incident Report:


Name of offender(s) / description(s): Two unknown necromancers. One large man, wielding a longsword and shield, wearing gold tones and a cloak. The other man, smaller and wearing dark clothes.

Disturbance(s) committed:[/color] Summoning, or using, undead

Description of the event: On my island patrol, I spotted two men accompanied by skeletal corpses, heading north towards Wharftown. I confronted them and one claimed to be a cleric of Osiris, but scoffed at his own God, when I told him that Osiris hates the desecration of the dead. He claimed he did not summon the skeletons, but refused to answer where they came from. After putting down the two skeletons, I followed him into Wharftown, trying to get information from him, as he ignored the guards and walked in with his helm on and waving his sword. He also claimed he was trying to make the corpses 'remember', and is doing experiments on them.

Location of the event (inside/ outside gates): South of Wharftown, near the Crypt.

Other witnesses (if available): None

Signature: ~~Crow

_________________
Image


 
      
AzureLuna
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 28 2014, 15:24 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Location: Oregon, US

An easel upon a large rock on the cliffs of Wharftown mark Emilie's return to town. She is often found painting, keeping company with whoever visits, but always diligently working on her art. Occasionally, when she tires of working, she descends to the docks and plays her violin for the sailors and step-dances to the jaunty tunes, or sings with the mournful melodies. While socializing, she pays attention to the local rumor mill, particularly concerning the nearby threat of a Lich in the Crypts.

A careful observer would note her keen interest in the ships as they come and go from the docks. Even when she is otherwise occupied, her eyes never stray from the vessels for long.

_________________
Image


 
      
kalcibone
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 28 2014, 15:46 PM 



Player

Joined: 18 Feb 2013

A dark blue haired woman is seen visiting the area as of late. She is commonly found fishing, staring at the sky, or oddly enough putting on armor and dropping like a rock into the water only to come back up a few hours later perfectly fine if a bit sad looking.

Some might rarely find her singing to herself and playing with a ball of water. "Sedna roamed the deep, the cold forgotten deep, no-one wants to be alone..." She seems to almost ignore everything else around her when singing, as if nothing else existed.


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 29 2014, 5:11 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

The Captain spends most of her time of late inside the Shanty. The old broken chairs are cleared away, years of grime and dust wiped off of baseboards and walls, tables treated to wood-oil, and furniture ordered to replace those items deemed too shabby for a good scrubbing to rehabilitate.

After the cleaning is done, some low-key construction projects begin using wood stockpiled during the war- progress begins on a proper hearth and a larger bar.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
AzureLuna
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 02 2015, 13:24 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Location: Oregon, US

Emilie takes a break from her normal routine of painting and playing and puts up some postings of a more serious nature. She steals away into the Temple of Selune, speaking with the clergy about the unaccounted missing and dead of Wharftown. She spends all night tirelessly accumulating a list of the deceased. Emilie helps the priests arrange an organized list of those who appear to be missing, so that she can investigate the disappearances at a later time.

_________________
Image


 
      
Pony
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 09 2015, 17:10 PM 



Player

Joined: 07 May 2005

A large transport of building materials arrives in Wharftown during the early afternoon. The granite and white marble blocks, as well as the black oak planks are stacked up neatly behind the Slanty Shanty by the workers in several hours work. The outstanding bill of paymnet to the Caris Trading Company and the papers of ownership are left underneath the door of Dame Alanna.


(// The 80granite, 10marble and 40oak planks are now in the fund chest within the Slanty Shanty//)


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 13 2015, 14:12 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

Once the shipment of building materials arrives, construction begins in earnest in Wharftown. Zeek's forge seems to be getting a lofty expansion, as well as the temple of Selune. To any curious townsfolk or passerby, Alanna explains that the forge is a project of Sergeant Valerius Everguard, and is part of an initiative to bring further commerce and trade to the town, as well as better defend it from the ever-present threat of bandits and orcs that surround the settlement on all sides.

The Temple, she explains, is getting some cosmetic changes in addition to an underground complex that will serve as an infirmary, a space for emotional counseling and lectures, as well as secure holding rooms for those afflicted by lycanthropy to ensure the safety of the town while they get the treatment they need.

The cosmetic renovations to the Shanty are very nearly completed, and seem set to transform the hole-in-the-wall sailor's bar to something a little more comfortable and welcoming.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
AzureLuna
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 15 2015, 0:14 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Location: Oregon, US

As construction and changes happen all over Wharftown, one face has been absent for a few days. Emilie was last seen going down to the dock to her home after a very busy day. When she emerges all seems to be well with her, though her movements are labored when she thinks no one is paying attention. She sits by the fire on the cliff, around the largest cluster of knights and guards, to write in her book. Never leaving their sight, one by one pages that was found wanting are thrown to the flames, her words disappearing forever.

Sometimes she looks over her shoulder as though she heard someone call her name, only to find the open sea.

_________________
Image


 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 15 2015, 3:36 AM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

Vale seems infinitely pleased by the chance to get something done. His handful of artificing apprentices are spared more of the grouchy sergeant's harsh side as they work on laying the foundation of what appears to be an incredibly elaborate metalworking workshop. Though only in its infant stages, the "Clockworks" building seems to have numerous gantries and catwalks nestled in it, as well as a very deeply dug basement. While the wizard and his motley collection of hired apprentices are not particularly talented carpenters or stonemasons, they prove experts at improvisation and old fashion trial and error, with ample assistance from Stone Shape and Fabricate magicks. Meanwhile, a large Shield Guardian and a small, sleeker model of Clockwork Soldier work to stack blocks and boulders along the lower cliffsides, slowly erecting a crude but sturdy retaining wall.

The mage's familiar, a particularly ancient and cantankerous pseudodragon, seems to have made himself at home in the town as well, "supervising" the myriad improvement efforts. Though hardly a charismatic creature by any means, he seems to derive some odd amusement by playing with the urchin children littering the docks.


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 15 2015, 20:11 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

A certain blonde, whose presence used to be quite regular around the seaside town, is not as often seen or heard from. However, the rare times she is in the town, if manual labor help is requested, she would handily boost things up or knock them into place with an almost inhuman strength. The dockworkers were probably muttering about 'that amazonian woman' again, if it so happened.

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
OpenTheRift
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 16 2015, 1:48 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Feb 2014

Sana Veskin drags herself along the streets regularly, upon bumping into Sam she garners her attention with a double tap on the shoulder, a grin pulling at her lips, distorting the scar on her cheeks.

"So, wha's the deal with your negotiations? I'm beginnin' to think you're yankin' my chain"

_________________
bad man


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 22 2015, 0:54 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Apparently it’s not a fluke or a random accident, the appearance of a drow at the portal crystal has occurred a few times now. The male keeps showing up there. He doesn’t wear what many might consider typical clothing for a drow on the surface that would cover every inch of skin and hide his race. His muscled ebony biceps and his realistic tattoos are visible. During the darker hours he wears no covering upon his head and when he does pull up his hood it is only to shade his silvery eyes.

Despite the obviously well used and cared for bastard blade that he carries in an ornate sheath upon his back he hasn’t been on any random rampage through town. His manner is far from friendly however and more akin to cool and distant.

He seems to prefer his native language although he’s spoken to a variety of folk who find themselves visiting the quaint fishing town by the sea.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Rigela
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 22 2015, 20:39 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Location: Grimy Old England

Construction through the town would continue on, with the locals setting hard to work at their assigned tasks. With sweating brows and grunts of exertion they diligently did their work through the day, before enjoying a hearty drink (and perhaps a friendly scuffle or three) in the local tavern.

Slowly, but surely, it would look like the fishing village was set to improve.

_________________
Image
Signature by Maryn! <3 I am also seen as DM Snuffles.


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 23 2015, 0:16 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

For all the enthusiasm and energy generally displayed by Wharftown's wolf, the woman didn't seem to have the talent for manual labor. A few attempts at stacking stone and moving lumber were approached with gusto, but generally ended in Alanna peeling off a nail or breaking something. When it became apparent her "help" was doing more harm than good, she regulated herself to assisting the workers' wives with preparing meals. Cooking, however, was also a skill she lacked, and after offending her fellow chefs a time too many by trying to serve raw meat, she finally found something to do she wasn't terrible at: killing things.

The workers never went without fresh venison, boar, and rabbit, and no longer had to deal with a useless wolf underfoot.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 25 2015, 22:52 PM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

With progress on the Clockwork Forge progressing acceptably, Valerius takes a step back from micromanaging his hapless but well-meaning assistants, much to their relief. A small, temporary pavilion is set up out of the way, and an outdoor smithy arranged so that Zeek's hospitality isn't stretched to the breaking point. Defying the traditional mage archetypes, his usual telltale cloak and staff nowhere in sight, Valerius works the forge himself for hours at a time, displaying remarkable endurance and commitment to his craft. The normally wintry seaside air is almost balmy near the pavilion, the spellfire fueled forge and flame-wreathed hammers chasing away the chill, and drawing beads of sweat from the mage's brow and forearms. Large, wrought-iron frameworks, girders and supports are coaxed from metal stock, as well as an assortment of cogs, gears, springs and levers. He works even well past sunset, the forge and racks of heavy, impossibly hot iron parts emitting a soft orange glow around the pavilion as they cool in the winter air.

Despite the man's unexpected physical endurance, several days of toil fabricating the factory's inner workings leave even him looking haggard. One evening, a short, fluff-free note is placed on the Shanty's board as he retires for the day.


With progress going well on the new golem forge, I have decided that I am going to need some additional help actually running the business that will help defend our town. I'm looking to take on a single apprentice that has an interest in spellcraft and artifice. This is a permanent position, with a modest wage and boarding provided in the factory itself when it is operational. Anyone interested must be intelligent, not shy about study, magic, or manual labor, and a Wharftown resident in good standing. You also can't be a backstabbing bastard or a pain in the ass.

~Sergeant Valerius


 
      
That Guy
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 29 2015, 15:41 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Nov 2014

A man clothed in blue, followed by a woman in red and blue exit a portal into Wharftown. They are greeted by one known as Sephir. "Chance, we'll get to that business talk sometime.". Chance chuckles in return and offers to heal a scratch on Sephir's arm. Words in Illuskan follow. Greetings are exchanged and introductions made, and Chance and Jacquelyne head to the Slanty Shanty. Once inside, they don't order drinks, instead Chance heads straight to the altar of Tymora. "I just noticed this yesterday. Of course, only my second time here then.... Alanna asked me to bless it. Jacquelyne stands quietly by and smiles and nods.

He quickly gets to work. From a pocket in his rucksack, he produces a vial of water, "From the sea nearby." He then blesses the water, saying a prayer to Lady Luck over it. Once blessed, he sprinkles the holy water over the shrine. From a pocket, he pulls out a single gold coin. The coin contains not a scratch and is highly polished as if just for this event. He places the coin on the shrine. The priest kneels, placing his hands on the shrine itself, and for many minutes recites prayers, and invocations to Tymora. Requests that she bless not only this shrine, but all of those who would come near it. Bless them that they might go forth and be encouraged to take that risk that could reward them, make the choice to do something rather than be cautious. Bless them that these decisions might make their lives happier, and in turn honor Her favor.

After several minutes he rises, places two fingers to his lips and touches them to the altar and then to his Tymorran disk. Once the ritual is finished, the pair leave.


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jan 30 2015, 2:35 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

As of late, people in Wharftown would note that a male human has made the Temple of Selune his home. A feather cot was moved into one of the corners and he has been sleeping there. For those who know him, they would be able to know the man as Aedan Terallis.

_________________
Image


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Mon, Feb 02 2015, 20:41 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

The past few nights have seen an uncommon visitor, in the Slanty Shanty. A ranger of the druid's Grove, has taken to a particular stool at the bar, where his bottle count of Griff's fine ale, at the end of the night, is steadily increasing. The human tries to keep to himself, but lets himself get drawn into random conversations, throughout the night. The regulars may notice his slow change in demeanor, especially towards them. At first, Crow was standoffish and suspicious, but has warmed his attitude more, for some reason. Another change, would be his appearance, which has also been slipping. His face is worn, and haggard, with some darkness forming under his sad eyes, and he is not nearly as tidy as normal.

The man seems to drink himself to the point where comprehension, and balance, are difficult, often muttering to himself in angry tones. Those sitting close enough to hear him, if they were there long enough, would hear a wide range of emotional shifts, extreme and sometimes violent, in nature. As the days, or nights, as you have it, progress, his mutterings become more directed, and focused. Unfortunately, the more he drinks, the less he is able to stand. One time, so bad, they had to lock him in the basement for his own good.



"Friends, don't let friends kill assholes, while they're wasted. They sober them up first." --Emilie Everguard

_________________
Image


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 12 2015, 21:15 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

The Slanty Shanty's uncommon visitor's visits, appear to be much less frequent these days. He arrived out of the blue, sloshed himself into a stupor for a good two weeks, then slowly faded away. Near the end of it, the man has one drink whilst sitting in the back corner booth, facing the wall and keeping to himself. His appearance has improved, and most of the weariness has faded, though there may be a hollowness to his eyes, were anyone to care enough to look that deep. Crow would be cordial enough, to most anyone who might acknowledge him, and he does not stay long. Even those visits become rare.

_________________
Image


 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Fri, Feb 13 2015, 21:42 PM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

As the winter days grow longer, the town's weary mage seems reinvigorated by the extra sunlight. The relentless long hours at the outdoor forge continue, tirelessly adding a seemingly endless number of iron cogs, axles and levers to the racks of slowly cooling parts. He produces equipment far faster than his exhausted apprentices can install them into the shell of the building, and tempers fray at the edges. A section of wall bends under the weight of the apparatus it was meant to support, and the section has to be torn down and rebuilt stronger, much to the mage's annoyance. These little delays seem the rule rather than the exception given the learning curve for all involved, but the stern wizard manages remarkable feats of restraint. His helpers are corrected sternly, but encouraged.

Lunch time seems to have become something of a sacred ritual, a young half-elven girl of twelve bringing the older mage his meal for the day. They sit and talk (or she does, anyway) while he eats, and he doesn't tolerate any interruptions for that precious hour of rest, his attention on answering the child's questions and stuffing his face. As the days wear on, its apparent that his stamina outpaces that of his employees, and he keeps working into the evening after they have gone home. The last few hours alone are spent making tools, weapons and armor for the town workers and militia, sold at a sharp discount. The coin ends up being used to help covers the costs of the project, but it comes up far short. It is obvious that Valerius is not getting any richer, and has to tap into his own personal wealth on behalf of the town and his helpers.



---


One day sees the "clockwork" routine broken slightly, as the artificer sets aside time to inspect the work on the cliffside retaining walls. His pair of constructs (and an apprentice to direct them) had made remarkable time stacking stones to shore up the cliffs. He noted with some amusement that many of the stones were smooth and covered in algae. Occasionally the golems had taken the order to "collect large stones" perhaps too literally, and had walked along the bottom of the harbor to dig out huge boulders. He made a note to clean the machines later. With only a few minor changes that required the rest of the day to complete, Vale walked the length of the wall, invoking a Shape Stone transmutation to fuse the loosely stacked rocks into a single retaining wall. It was rare for the man to overly use his magic in the town when muscle could suffice, but the result was impressive. Confident that the town wouldn't erode away under a fierce storm (or if he dug too many basements in the upper level...) he bade his constructs to guard the town and await further orders before retiring.


 
      
AzureLuna
 
PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2015, 0:32 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Location: Oregon, US

The other Everguard had been consumed with making arrangements for some kind of party. She speaks to many of the townsfolk garnering services for the event, those that aided are rewarded sufficiently with an ample amount of gold. Rumors around the small town hint that some sort of masquerade will be taking place soon, though the 'when' and 'who' seem to be left to the imagination.

More recently however, Emilie seemed to have completely disappeared from the town. A note was left with Garth for her brother, and she hasn't yet returned.

_________________
Image


 
      
CrazyCatLady
 
PostPosted: Sat, Feb 21 2015, 15:45 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Nov 2014

*Arizima was seen leaving her home in Wharfton after arranging with a cart driver to remove her belongings from the house. After sliding her key along with a diamond engagement ring under the door, she placed a notice stating that any who wish to contact her may do so by leaving a message at the Selune temple, or by meeting there in the evenings.*

_________________
Image


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2015, 3:34 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

With reported sightings of a certain ship with red flags, patrols along the coast out of Wharftown are stepped up. Fishing vessels are outfitted with the Still Image signal wands leftover from the war, and instructed to use them if trouble should come calling.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 01 2015, 5:57 AM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

The work on the Clockwork Factory continues at a relentless grind, but as the experience of his hired help and apprentices slowly build, Vale leaves more and more of the work in their hands. He often seems distracted, returning frequently to the warship docked in the harbor, or carrying freshly forged components to and from the vessel and half-finished factory. He gazes often out to sea, and the nature of his work seems to change. No longer are the gears, axles, framework and gantries needed for the factory produced with such vigor, but now the parts racks begin to fill with more alien appearing fabrications. Strange, angular plates of armor that no man could wear. Humanoid steel skeletons with strange, hunched postures and digitigrade stances. Jagged, scimitar-like weapons with edges that seem to follow a chaotic, fractal pattern. Mounts, rails and metal-limbed ballistae. He seems to be working himself to the edge of human endurance and beyond, and the proud mage looks disheveled, with a manic gleam in his eye.


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 09 2015, 17:28 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

While he has been generally keeping up his patrols, Aedan hasn't really been seen around Wharftown, save for times when he comes to pray at the Temple of Selune. For those that do see him around, he lacks his usual cheerful mood, appearing to be more distracted or troubled more than anything else.

_________________
Image


 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 10 2015, 20:45 PM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

The sergeant of the guard seems particularly sour as he goes about his toils, though the wizard remains no less dutiful and impossible to tire as before. The workers and apprentices of the blooming factory seem to have settled into a steady routine for their tasks. The building itself seems nearly complete, with the surly mage overseeing the final coats of paint, and the hanging of doors and windows. Equipment and half-finished projects from the temporary pavilion outside are hauled indoors to their final homes, as hired carpenters see to finishing the roof. Some crates of various metal parts and pieces are hauled off to a ship berthed in the harbor, rather than put inside the factory itself. Paradoxically, the intolerable mage pays his crews extra well those days, as though to make up for being a tyrant.

He is otherwise next to impossible to approach, surveying the construction and the guard's "at alert" drills with a hard, military demeanor.


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Sat, Apr 11 2015, 0:07 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

That drow fellow seems to show up not long after the last worker has gone for the evening at the tyrants workshop. Apparently with permission since neither the mage or his golems attempt to crush or otherwise hinder the drow as he works. He closes the door behind him so its a mystery to any but the bold enough to take a peek inside what Rith'tar might be up to.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
NinjaClarinet
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 30 2015, 20:01 PM 



Player

Joined: 12 Jul 2010

It would seem that the limits of Valerius' inhuman capacity for energy have finally been reached. He is rarely seen around Wharftown, only stopping in to give his employees and apprentice's the day's direction in the workshop. He addresses any work or issues that cannot be handled by anyone else, before going home early. He moves slowly and seems to be in declining health. Even the sacred lunch-time ritual with Saorise is forgotten more times than not. He abruptly vanishes under invisibility and keeps walking if anyone tries to engage with him.


 
      
Anatida
 
PostPosted: Wed, May 06 2015, 3:28 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Texas Y'all

A Shade Lord would turn up moving quietly through the village. It slipped a parchment under Alanna's door and dissolved into the house's shadow.

Alanna,

I need to speak to you but can not return to Wharftown. I will be at the Shrine of Eilistraee.

~ Iim

_________________
Image
Iim'mur'ss - Grandmaster Shadowdancer / Aaralyn - Diplomat / Oleander - Toxic Desert Flower


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Thu, May 07 2015, 11:29 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Rith'tar's work for Vale having been completed he's seen entering Alannas home... and then not ever coming back out the front door.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 22 2015, 20:41 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

After a flurry of activity at the Selunite temple, the priestess finally makes her way home to rest, and doesn't emerge until late the next afternoon.

Alanna next leaves the house in a white cotton dress, and forgoes breakfast to head straight to the temple. The albino woman does not leave the altar of the Moonmaiden unless something requires her direct attention. All offers of food and drink are waved off with increasing annoyance.

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 22 2015, 22:34 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

*Captain Alanna would swiftly receive an incident report from one of her militia men.*


Captain Alanna,

There was an incident in town today where a known Necromancer named Asgoth took a young girl through the city and supposedly kidnapped her. Two witnesses, one Glendil and Matthew, reported that the man rushed the girl to the docks and was attempting to take her somewhere. He was also sighted to have summoned a skeleton by the name of "Sargoul" to attack them. He was swiftly taken down by said witnesses. Let it be known that he has been on our watch list for some time and should now be officially added to the list of banned individuals
.

-Guardsman of the Wharftown Militia

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
AlannaMolov
 
PostPosted: Sat, May 23 2015, 3:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Location: 'illadelph

SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:
*Captain Alanna would swiftly receive an incident report from one of her militia men.*


Captain Alanna,

There was an incident in town today where a known Necromancer named Asgoth took a young girl through the city and supposedly kidnapped her. Two witnesses, one Glendil and Matthew, reported that the man rushed the girl to the docks and was attempting to take her somewhere. He was also sighted to have summoned a skeleton by the name of "Sargoul" to attack them. He was swiftly taken down by said witnesses. Let it be known that he has been on our watch list for some time and should now be officially added to the list of banned individuals
.

-Guardsman of the Wharftown Militia


Alanna swiftly moves from the temple to find the guardsman in question - her tone a little aggressive and short for the usually friendly Captain.

"I need a description of the individual so the militia knows who they're looking for. Was the girl taken in? Where is she?"

_________________
Alanna of Wharftown, Captain of the Hands of Ieriyn

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."


Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Sat, May 23 2015, 5:30 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

*Captain Alanna was seen conversing with said militia man on the road. The conversation was curt as one of the witnesses approached and added to the account. Once he was done speaking with the captain, he moved off to attend to his duties and alert the rest of his men to keep an eye out.*

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group