View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
MisterLich

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 02 2015, 8:58 AM 

Player

So the way this is going to work, is I'm going to post each level's details below, and I'll post notes about it in red. This is because the build is designed for a human with no ECL adjustment, but the build can and does work just fine with even a +2 ECL non-human race. It just takes some adjusting. The notes on how to adjust it, are in red, so you can see them better.

Starting stats:

STR 17 (All levelups into STR)
DEX 13
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 8
CHA 8

Skills to invest in, in order of importance:
Discipline
Intimidate
Heal
Tumble (up to 15 ranks only, due to cross class.)

Levels:

1: Fighter: Weapon Focus, Dodge, and Mobility if you are a Human race
2: Fighter: Expertise, Mobility instead, if you are a non-Human race
3: Fighter: Blind Fight, Expertise instead, if you are a non-Human race
4: Fighter: Weapon Specialization, +1 STR
5: Barbarian
6: Barbarian: Spring Attack
7: Barbarian
8: Barbarian: +1 STR
9: Barbarian: Whirlwind Attack
10: Weapon Master
11: Barbarian
12: Barbarian: Improved Critical, +1 STR
13: Barbarian
14: Barbarian
15: Barbarian: Knockdown
16: Barbarian: +1 STR
17: Weapon Master
18: Weapon Master: Improved Knockdown
19: Weapon Master
20: Weapon Master: +1 STR
21: Barbarian: Epic Weapon Focus
22: Weapon Master: Weapon Focus
23: Fighter
24: Fighter: Great Strength unless you have an ECL adjustment, then take Epic Prowess instead, Epic Weapon Specialization, +1 STR
25: Barbarian
26: Barbarian
27: Barbarian: Terrifying Rage
28: Weapon Master: +1 STR
CAN BE SKIPPED IF YOU HAVE AN ECL ADJUSTMENT:
29: Barbarian
30: Barbarian: Thundering Rage

You will end up with a build that has terrifying rage, a +13 STR modifier, weapon master critical hits, and you can use Ferocity Attack rage to boost yourself with +10 (or +8 if you have a race that has +2 ECL) damage and an extra attack per round. You can also use Unyielding Rage for bonus AB and AC, amongst other things, for overall tankiness. This is not an AC build however. You are not designed to go tank the Snowbeast. You are designed to kill the Snowbeast in one round due to your insane critical hits. You are also designed to drink lots of beer. You have 8 Wisdom and Charisma, which means you are not a male (or female) model, you are not a politician in the traditional sense of sweeping the masses with speeches and debates, and you are somewhat absentminded. Common sense doesn't exist with you. You're not "dumb", but you can play this build as being dumb (which I do), and it makes sense with the Charisma and Wisdom, and barbarian levels, that you have. Your best bet to get women with this build, is to either flash your muscles at them, or, when that fails, use those muscles to abduct them.

Ideal gear setup will have at least +8 Intimidate, +12 STR, a little bit of CON boost, and a lot of Fortitude boosting, because your fortitude is not that great honestly; you will also have the maximum AC possible on your gear, because you'll need every single point of AC you can grab.

When in doubt, rage it out!

Last edited by MisterLich on Sat, Jan 03 2015, 0:36 AM, edited 2 times in total.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 02 2015, 9:12 AM 

Player

Also, some talks are going on right now about introducing a gear-focused part of this subforum.

So here's one way to end-game build this build's gear.

Belt: Belt of the Hard Road (+2 CON, Freedom, +2 regeneration)
Gloves: +30 discipline (Epic Gloves of Discipline), +2 STR, +3 fortitude
Boots: Greaves of Phalanx (+5 AC, +3 STR)
Full-Plate: +5 AC, +3 fortitude, +5 intimidate
Ring: +3 STR (or +2 STR if you have odd-numbered STR. The last enchantment can be +3 fortitude or +5 intimidate, depending on whether or not you're using a shield.)
Ring: +2 STR, +3 Fortitude
Cloak (+5 fortification): +5 uni saves, +5 AC
Helm (Terrifying Crown, or whatever it's called): +2 STR, +8 intimidate
Amulet: +5 AC, +2 regen (Scarab of the living)
Ioun Stone: +2 CON
Shield: +5 AC, +3 Fortitude

Stats:
+4 regeneration (Just a bonus)
+11-12 STR (Yup.)
+30 discipline (Fuck yeah)
+13-18 intimidate (Also fuck yeah)
+4 CON (HP in a low AC build, yup)
+14-17 fortitude (Never enough fortitude, mang)
+5 reflex (Nobody gives a sh*t)
+5 will (You have 8 Wisdom and no casting class levels, bro)
freedom (Always useful)
+5 dodge (Delicious AC)
+5 deflection (Mmmm AC)
+5 natural (Oh God the AC is alive)
+13 armor (Help me)

If you have a shield, or use a two-handed weapon but put +3 Fort on the ring instead of +5 intimidate, you end with roughly 41 Fortitude, for those who are worried about saves.

Fuligar

PostPosted: Mon, May 04 2015, 23:04 PM 

Player

Having just returned I would like to know the viability of this build as a Drow?

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Tue, May 05 2015, 0:03 AM 

Player

with barbarian you need umd so you can mordekainen's cheese anyone who attempts to avoid your rage

Fuligar

PostPosted: Tue, May 05 2015, 0:30 AM 

Player

I am not seeing the benefit of Tumble having full plate...you would have to overcome the negative aspect of the plate to make it even a positive stat right? So dont spend in Tumble and instead get UMD?

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, May 05 2015, 0:32 AM 

Player

30 base ranks in Tumble gives you the +6 AC in any armor. Trust me, you want it!

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Tue, May 05 2015, 0:34 AM 

Player

you have to have a umd class to get umd, and tumble gives AC on base ranks into the skill, regardless of what your points end up ingame from penalties etc. the same concept applies to items with tumble on them, an item with +30 tumble gives 0 AC because the AC only cares about base ranks (entered in during level up)

Casvenx

PostPosted: Tue, May 05 2015, 3:44 AM 

Player

Tumble Ac only cares about base ranks, and it also doesn't care about armor mods. So you ge the full 6 Ac with 30 ranks, no matter what armor you are wearing. it's totally useless on items (except to avoid AoO's). It's also expected that you have 6 Ac from tumble on this server, especially if you are front line, so you want what you can get.

I'm curious why there are two weapon focuses though (level 1 and 22?), plus the single epic focus.

Fuligar

PostPosted: Tue, May 05 2015, 7:25 AM 

Player

Well i screwed up already on this build and took BF instead of Mobility as a Drow. Since there seems to be to much weapon can I adjust this another way?

Casvenx

PostPosted: Tue, May 05 2015, 8:34 AM 

Player

Fuligar wrote:
Well i screwed up already on this build and took BF instead of Mobility as a Drow. Since there seems to be to much weapon can I adjust this another way?

You could, technically, take mobility (or whatever your last pre-req for WM is) at 12 (or 15) instead of improved crit. Your first WM level would be 13(or 16) in that case. and you'd trade blind fight (which you took) for improved knockdown in the end-build You'd take imp crit at 15 or 18 instead, as soon as you could). The level split is fairly open, as long as you ONLY take 5 fighter (last fighter level on epic feat levels for epic weapon spec, after epic weapon focus), ONLY take WM 7, and barb 15(+) on a feat level past level 24 (for terrifying rage, which requires intimidate 25).

Fuligar

PostPosted: Tue, May 05 2015, 9:04 AM 

Player

Thanks

MisterLich

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 28 2015, 9:37 AM 

Player

I didn't notice I accidentally typed another weapon focus feat in there. All this time :O

I honestly, at this point, don't know what that was supposed to be. That level (level 22) doesn't get a feat, so... Yeah. Must've been a typo.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 28 2015, 18:17 PM 

Player

I have a very slightly altered version of this build.

This is the damage output of the build when using the ferocity attack, vs standard rage, with the following things used for his damage:

1. His DC requested greatsword (which actually is more powerful, I think, than the DM's will allow, anymore.)
2. Warcry and Battletide from the Barbarian Battle Drum (Frugdar has like 3 of them.)
3. An elemental essence crafted from a Master Scout (Got like 100 of them.)
4. Aid potion, Bless potion, and Haste potion.

So, granted, this exact damage graph is only viable for like 1 minute at a time, it is realistic when fighting bosses.

When pvping, a more likely scenario is:

1. His sword
2. Elemental essence on the sword
3. Haste potion

No time for anything else really. Sometimes, not even time for a haste potion, but I always try to drink one because it's fun having 6 attacks per round. With the above 3 stipulations, his damage output is as follows (also keep in mind, this does not take into account crit immunity on enemies, or epic dodge on enemies):

As you can see, this build's damage bottoms out when facing a high-AC opponent, God forbid an opponent with high AC and epic dodge (like some DEX-based weapon masters, or, more commonly, shadow dancers.)

However, unless they are doing a lot of damage to you and you're afraid of dying in one round (honestly a distinct possibility with this build, since it has low AC and CON), you can drink a True Strike potion, and watch the crits rollolol.

Larsaan

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 28 2015, 19:36 PM 

Player

Wouldn't it be better to start out as a Barbarian for eight extra skill points?

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

MisterLich

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 28 2015, 21:14 PM 

Player

Probably. Little optimizations here and there... :P

Those skillpoints are for sure helpful though, so definitely I will consider that for a possible edit of this build's post. I would like a small army of barbaric weapon masters to appear on the server just to see what happens, honestly. I think 2-3 of them would probably tear through a small party of epics, unless the party got the drop on them. It all depends on focusing their stupid amounts of damage...

And can you imagine what would happen to, say, the Snow Beast, or Windy, if we had 3 Frugdar's running at it at once?

I anticipate 1 round KO's for most non-crit-immune bosses.

Ts_

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 28 2015, 23:05 PM 

Player

Please, underdark orog barbarians. :)

Also ... Where does all that damage come from?!

MisterLich

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 28 2015, 23:07 PM 

Player

The build, with the items/potions/whatever that aren't part of the build, listed on the post with the graphs.

That's average damage per round.

Yeah, this build rocks in damage brah, but it has no buffs, no umd, and no AC. It's not a perfect build. But it's worked for Frugdar for nearly two years now! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]