View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Aerneth

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 10 2015, 17:10 PM 

Player

I am doing a rebuild of Meriptah, because he is an absolute mess. I tried winging it and failed miserably, so I am coming to you guys for help again. He is currently at level 22 and has the following stats:

Cleric 18/Fighter 4

Str: 18
Dex: 13
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha: 8

And the following feats:

Cleave
Dodge
Epic Weapon Focus (Morningstar)
Expertise
Extend Spell
Great Cleave
Improved Critical (Morningstar)
Mobility
Power Attack
Spring Attack
Strong Soul
Weapon Focus (Morningstar)
Whirlwind Attack

Any suggestions on what I should do to fix this mess? Or do I do a total rebuild? If I do a total rebuild, anyone have a good build I could steal that would end up just being Cleric/Fighter?

Silkelock

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 10 2015, 17:21 PM 

Player

If you are intending for a fighter cleric the usual start is 16 levels of cleric pre-epic and then 4 fighter levels up to 20. This bosts your AB progression.
A cleric planning to fight should also aim for the divine might and divine shield feats :)
Check the compiled build thread, I am sure you can find some hints as to what to try out.

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

Raua

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 10 2015, 17:27 PM 

Player

I see that you tried to be a weapon Master with Dev Crit? That's what it looks like anyways.

Is that something you'd like to RPly pursue? If not, then I'd drop it, because Mechanically, that's going to be a bugger to fit, but not impossible.

I can send you a cookie-cutter version of a more traditional Battle-cleric if you like, though!

Or I can try to fit all of those in.

I can post it here or PM you things, what ever you like, really :P

You could Salvage this build if you wanted to be a weaponmaster without a rebuild. If you don't want to be that, I'd suggest a full rebuild!

Notes thus far:

-That's a lot of strength- Dev crit?
-Cleave / Great Cleave, Great cleave is useless unless you want Dev Crit
-Were you planning on being a Weapon Master? It might be a lot to fit - Major feat sink
-No divine might / Shield- Troublesome for a cleric, but it might be difficult to rebuild into based on Charisma leaps

Last edited by Raua on Mon, Aug 10 2015, 17:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Aerneth

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 10 2015, 17:30 PM 

Player

A cookie-cutter build would be perfect. Anything is better than what I have right now, really! And yes, I was originally going to slap some WM levels in there, but changed my mind half way through.

Raua

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 10 2015, 17:56 PM 

Player

Posting it here, so people can suggest other things if they feel so inclined to do so

This is my personal cookie-cutter Battle Cleric build, Lots of people put their own spins on it! :D

Strength Cleric wrote:

Human

Cleric 23 / Fighter 6 / Rogue 1

Pre-epic Class spread Cleric 15 / Fighter 5
Take Rogue level at 28
Take Final fighter level at 29

Ability Scores:
STR: 14 (Ending 16 Level ups 24 & 28)
DEX: 8
CON: 12
WIS: 15 (Ending 20 Level ups 4,8,12,16, & 20)
INT: 14
CHA: 14 (Ending 16 Ups from feats)

Feats:
1 Power attack, Extend spell
3 Extra Turning
6 Knockdown
9 Divine Might
12 Divine Shield
15 Improved Critical
18 Improved Knockdown
21 Epic Weapon Focus
24 GR Charisma 1 (Can be substituted for RP)
27 GR Charisma 2 (Can be substituted for RP)
30 Epic Spell of your Choice

Fighter bonus:
1 Weapon Focus
2 Blind-fight
4 Weapon Specialization
6 Epic Weapon Specialization

Cleric Bonus:
23: Armor Skin

Skills:
Discipline: 32
Concentration: 33
Spellcraft 33
Tumble 30
+ 43 Bonus points to spend as you wish

Of course, you'll need to tailor it to your character to make it your own! :) Use this as a basic suggestion!

Raua

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 10 2015, 18:09 PM 

Player

There are other Variations based on personal taste,

Common ones include:

Cleric 23 / Fighter 5 / Rogue 2 (For evasion)

Cleric 24 / KC 5 / Rogue 1 (Because KCs are awesome)

Cleric 23 / KC 5 / Rogue 1 (Because KCs with Evasion are awesome)

Cleric 23 / Ranger 5 / Rogue 2 (For evasion / Dispel resilience)

Cleric 23 / Ranger 6 / Rogue 1 (For Dispel Resilience)

Zen Archer Clerics are also very common, usually using a longbow. They're usually the easiest to allocate ability scores for due to not needing to spread level ups across several abilities. (It alllll goes to wisdom)

Usually the differences stem from either wanting evasion, or Greater Dispelling immunity. Fluff aside, they're all very mechanically similar. But each one can very easily offer a different kind of RP for your character :D

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 14 2015, 18:38 PM 

Player

Honestly this build is kind of hard to save. You have an 8 charisma and your WIS is probably going to be to low to take epic spells like greater ruin, hellball, and mummy dust. I don't actually know that it can be done. But if you want some less pessimistic advice, I would recommend you at least try go go for the Cleric 23/Fighter6/Rogue1 level spread.

Your main issue here is your complete lack of charisma to get more damage and ac with using the divine feats, which are the bread and butter of divine classes. They don't really leave home without at least a 14 CHA score unless they're a caster build, and even then I've seen caster builds that take it just so they can use Zen Archery and deal damage like that.

I'm not sure how you're going to manage to get your current character to a point of playable short of making a new character of spending a year in the rebuilds forums through micro builds like I and a few others have done. Frankly that's not the most appealing option, having done it myself, but if you've put a significant amount of effort into that character than I wholly recommend it.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]