View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Vortex

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 15 2015, 22:26 PM 

Player

From sidebar summons info:
Quote:
Celestial
Celestials are animals with the celestial template. They are better at taking punishment from both weapons and magic than their non-magical kin, and tend to possess healing or supportive abilities. All good or neutral casters can choose this type, save for druids and rangers that are over level 3. Note that neutrals can only cast celestial OR fiendish summons - the first time they choose is a permanent one.

Fiendish
Fiends are animals with the fiendish template. While lacking the endurance of their non-magical kin, they wield wicked talons and claws to deal greater damage, and tend to possess destructive spells and abilities. All evil or neutral casters can choose this type, save for druids and rangers that are over level 3. Note that neutrals can only cast celestial OR fiendish summons - the first time they choose is a permanent one.
I have two neutral casters, so far one pick celestial because I thought it fit personality a little better. Have to say it's a disappointment. This is the kind of thing that happens with lack of summons info. Regardless, since the sidebar says the fiendish has even less endurance than generic summons, I'm wondering if it's a lousy choice for my other neutral caster, who would be totally indifferent between the two.
Any one have non-specific info/suggestions (i.e. no details that would upset DMs) about fiendish summons compared to celestial?
Don't wanna pick fiendish and regret it forever.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 15 2015, 23:54 PM 

Player

Ummm... or you just pick the one that fits your PC better. Sorry...

Mikaz

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:31 AM 

Player

Well compared to the elementals, any other summon creature tends to disappoint you.

At higher levels Celestials/Fiendish summons gain more flavor and special powers compared to the normal animal summons, but at lower levels they're very close to the animal summon in strength and in everything else.

From what I know it's true what it says, Fiendish more offense based and Celestial more defense based.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]