View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Arkun

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 05 2015, 0:59 AM 

Player

I'm back with yet another request for the fine building folks. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with + ECL races, as I love the themes of them, but they seem to hate me for builds.

I'd like to make a ECL+2 RDD. Probably a Drow. I'm free on it either being Bard or Sorcerer, I'm just curious if it would be even viable.

Anatida

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 05 2015, 1:09 AM 

Player

Yes.

LunarBloom

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 05 2015, 1:22 AM 

Player

Anatida wrote:
Yes.

^ plays one.

:p

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 05 2015, 1:42 AM 

Player

"Viable" and good are two different things in this case. But you can have plenty of fun with a Barb 20/Bard2/rdd4, it makes for a good strength powerhouse and you make up for the lost tumble ac using your point of Dragon ac.

Honestly though I will always be a proponent of removing that ECL mod and letting drow be powerful and unbalanced. So that period fear then for a reason.

Just make good aligned drow Mary Sue's request only to curb that nonsense.

Edit: You probably want an rdd 10 build though. I've got nothing, the class is terrible on amia without the extra str mod at 10

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Anatida

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 05 2015, 1:48 AM 

Player

Iim is a very good build. She has plenty of weaknesses, as all PCs do, but I can't count the number of battles where she's the last one standing. Iim is far more than viable, she's damn scary.

Mikaz

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:52 AM 

Player

16 Fighter/2 Bard/10 RDD is pretty much the basic build here for an Str based char.

Ending up with decent saves, decent AC/AB (~55/45), decent dmg (High Str + Weapon specilization) and high hp ~500(For a non barbarian anyway) and Drow Spell Resistance would also mean the character has pretty decent defenses all around, only really lacking in Evasion.

If you want me to send you a guide on how to build this character, just send me a PM.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]