View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
BloodedBlade

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 19 2015, 19:29 PM 

Player

I'd like to try an old school Ranger character. You know the stealthy but able to lay down a beating kind of jack of all trades. I have been reading up on the Master scout class and it sounds very cool. I'm picturing a woodsman/scout able to stealth about and was leaning towards more of a dex build since heavy armor will negate most of that. Dual wielding is rather nice if one can flank and of course grabbing that shield when necessary is always handy. I saw Shadow fiend had something similar posted but it went more the strength version. I know this won't be an uber soloing killing machine build but the role playing and skills part really speak to me. I never thought I would be so keen on skill pts till I came here :D . It turns out rather well rounded characters are kind of fun to play who knew. I'm not sure what the viability is between rogue or fighter for the 3rd class. I know the ab would be much better with fighter as well as getting those extra feats. Rogue would get me more skill pts to fill out skills such as hide and move as well. I guess I'm leaning towards the fighter just for the melee aspect. I'm afraid I'm not worth a damn on building strategies so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to any and all who take pity on folks like myself and give a hand.

Solvaras

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 19 2015, 21:07 PM 

Player

25 Ranger/ 5 master scout works great as a dexterity build. Start with that and let me know if you need more help. I "think" I have a build like that laying around if I can get back into my laptop. As for soloing, you'll have the 25 ranger fuzzball of death to help you out. Against favored enemies you'll do great, and you'll be decent against non favored enemies as well.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 20 2015, 2:13 AM 

Player

I actually got a str ranger/ms build somewhere, that's pretty decent and can get a lot of hide/ms if you gear for it.

http://amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=79971

To be honest, unless you're going for epic dodge, the strength variant of the ranger is a lot more fun to play for me (I've tried both). With the aforementioned build you can still get ms/hide up to the 80's and prolly higher if you gear and buff for it.

Solvaras

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 23 2015, 21:31 PM 

Player

So after the 4th pm about it (and nothing wrong with that, keep em coming!) here's the build:

Pre-epic feats are
#1 Weapon Finesse
#2 Blind Fight (All melee characters MUST have this)
#3 Weapon focus
#4 Improved Critical.

Required for Master scour
#5 Skill focus: Spot
#6 Skill focus: *LISTEN*

#7 last feat ???

Epic feats
#1 GREAT DEX
#2 Armour skin
#3 ???
#4 ???
Ranger bonus #1 Epic Weapon focus
Ranger bonus #2 Bane of Enemies
Master scout bonus #1 GREAT DEX
Master scout bonus #2 Epic Prowess

Make sure you have 18 or 20 Base Dex and 14 wisdom. Other than master scout requirements, skills are up to you. Knockdown is a strong contender for the free feat in pre-epic. Humans can get improved knockdown. Full disclosure, it's a build by Svensk.

*edit: Apparently it's skill focus listen instead of discipline. Sorry, it's an old build and the requirements have changed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]