View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
dinosaur

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 7:43 AM 

Player

hey guys just read this thread...is this still true? expertise/improved expertise don't function while shifted? if so....can i has rebuild for my shifty man? assuming its the truth i'll make a request in the relevant section of the forum :P

Hey,

With update 4.16a, the feats Expertise and Improved Expertise no longer function while using Shifter form abilities. Likewise, metamagic feats no longer work on Shifter spells (though they still work on the Druid spells from the levels the Shifter will possess).

Because of this, we're offering free rebuilds to Shifters who already possess these feats, as of the 7th of May 2013. If you wish to rebuild your Shifter, make sure to clearly state you wish a free-rebuild, and also bear in mind you are only allowed to change these feats. You cannot change your level progression, skills or other any unrelated feats.

Thanks for your understanding!

DerkDerkistan

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 9:35 AM 

Player

If you made your shifter prior to May 7th, 2013, yes. Just make a request in the rebuild forum.

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 9:43 AM 

Player

There's this thing posted just today. If I'm understanding the new rule correctly, even if you made your shifter just recently, you could sub out one of those feats for free? But if you wanted to drop both Evasion and Imp Evasion, you'd need to to a whole formal rebuild.

dinosaur

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 25 2015, 6:45 AM 

Player

don't quite understand the logic for loosing optional expertise feats but...the character sheet seems to reflect the expected AC is it just lying to me?

honestly if its correct that these feats dont function should really be going on the MoD thread so no one else makes the same mistake with what would be normal feats for a shifter to take.

If i cant have a rebuild then fine not going to complain just going to say that many new players coming here making shifters are going to be put in the same situation.

Suhjet

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 25 2015, 9:22 AM 

Player

Shifters can have and use expertise and imp expertise, but it disables when you try to use spells for balance.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

Solvaras

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 25 2015, 11:55 AM 

Player

In regular nwn, you can activate expertise/improved expertise and spam the shifter abilities to your hearts content since it doesnt recognize them as "spells". It's fixed here so when you use an ability like fire breath or illithid mind blast you deactivate expertise mode and lose the extra ac you would have.

dinosaur

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 26 2015, 5:36 AM 

Player

ok thanks for the replies :) i misunderstood

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]