View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
Carvelan

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:22 AM 

Player

Hi.
I have just started playing on Amia again and tried some of my old PC's out but problem are that all plots and stuff i was involvd whit is over and most of the players gone. The one experience i miss the most was the drow rolplay in Ulthrinan but aperently that city is gone and the house I belongd to is to i guess. So starting fresh: I need help putting together a new Female Drow cleric of Lolth.

If i remember corektly you need 25lvls of cleric to get into the higher cirkels of the tempel so that would be a long therm goal but besides that im lost. All the new domains and other stuff is making me confused. Old build was 25Cleric/1rogue/2BG But that went down the drain whit the BG Cha save bonus changes.

I'm looking for a frontline type Cleric if that is still possible. I like the bastard sword for weapon but if that makes it to feat starvd I can live whitout that. All help is wellcome.

Silkelock

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:43 AM 

Player

Hej!

You could check this topic and primarily the cleric field. I think I saw one or two drow cleric builds there which might interest you.
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=82155

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

Carvelan

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 10 2015, 12:05 PM 

Player

Silkelock wrote:
Hej!

You could check this topic and primarily the cleric field. I think I saw one or two drow cleric builds there which might interest you.
http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtop ... 43&t=82155

Thx Ill look into that.

Thet clericbuild is onley 23 lvls of Cleric but that is maybe enough?

mourisson1

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 10 2015, 12:20 PM 

Player

Drows have +2 ECL, which means you will only achieve 28 lvl. If you want a frontline cleric with 4 attacks per round, you have to pick some full BAB class (mostly fighter thanks to bonus feats) 4lvls pre-epic, and mostly you want to pick some class with Tumble, to get higher AC, so that lefts 23 cleric lvls.

Diego Sensen

Carvelan

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 10 2015, 12:50 PM 

Player

I don't need to be a frontline fighter Cleric more towards tanking/supporting whitout getting killed. And if i remember corectly most clerics can solo decently whit buffs and summons.

Carvelan

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 11 2015, 7:55 AM 

Player

This is a caster build I put together

Cleric26/Rogue1/Ranger1
Starting stats after subrace

Str 14
Dex 10
Con 12
Wis 18 (25 from lvl ups) Cant fit greater WIS 1 in
Int 12
Cha 10

1 Spell focus
3 Greater spell focus
6 Maximised
9 Extended
12 Empowerd
15 spell penetration
18 Greater spell penetration
21 Epic spell penetration
24 Epic spell
27 Epic spell (Rogue UMD and Tumbeldump)
28 Epic spell focus (Ranger bonus feet)

HP: 224 base
Skill Points: 99
30 Tumbel
33 Spellcraft
and 36 over for other skills

Any advice on this?

mourisson1

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 11 2015, 15:22 PM 

Player

You won't be able to pick Epic Spell on 27 Rogue lvl.

And you dont have Concentration, so you should maybe invest the rest of skillpoints in it.

And personally i dont really believe in taking Maximized and Empower on cleric, but, which domains are you going to pick?

Anyway since you said you want to tank, i'd sacrifice Max + Empower for Expertize + Improved Expertize (you'll have to pick 2 point from some ability and put them into intellect, but still thats almost "free" 10 AC)

Diego Sensen

Larsaan

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 11 2015, 16:19 PM 

Player

You also won't be able to get Spellcraft higher than 29 if your last cleric level is at 26.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

Silkelock

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 11 2015, 16:21 PM 

Player

If you feel you are short on skillpoints you could drop some points from strength and put that into int. Being drow getting high INT is rather easy :)

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

Carvelan

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 11 2015, 17:13 PM 

Player

Well back to the drawingboard. Anyone have any advice on a drow caster cleric cause i cant get it together. Or else ill go back to a mele fighter cleric because im more use to that kind of build.

//Phone post

angst360

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 11 2015, 17:43 PM 

Player

You are gonna want craft wand, as Darkness will be your best friend. On a caster get Zen Archery and an EMD. Maybe a level of wizard so you can scribe scrolls. I know someone who was soloing maxi and the snow beast at level 19 with a drow caster cleric using drow tactics. It's the most OP thing I have seen in my limited experience here.

Carvelan

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 11 2015, 20:23 PM 

Player

How does darkness worke whit darkvision? I cant remember. And I after some thinking I have decided to go back to a mele fighter kind of build because im more comfortabel whit that.
Going 21cleric/6fighter/1rogue
Weapon longswords or rapier
Domains trikery and darkness
whit power attack, divine might/shild, Weapon fokus and spec + maximised and extended blind fight imp,Critical, craft wand for pre Epic. In epic ill grabb Epic Weapon focus and spec Armor Skin and a Epic spela or something.
16cleric/4fighter pre Epic = 10 feats
5cleric/2fighter/1rogue Epic = 4feats
Starting on 16wis and 16cha i should be able to get 14int and dessent str lvling wis to 20 asap and The spara in str.

Thoughts? And sorry for bad layout, Phone post.

angst360

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 11 2015, 23:39 PM 

Player

Darkvision doesn't help you in Darkness, you need ultra-vision at the least. Darkness makes hunting in the UD a lot easier as the monsters are a bit more difficult than their surface counterparts. Also, keep in mind that drow are +2 ecl, which means you will get less xps per monster than your surface counter parts would. A lot less xps. Darkness will help you defeat more challenging spawns in order to maintain a closer parity in xps to a surfacer counterpart by allowing you to punch above your weight monster level wise. A drow party trained to fight in darkness is a lot more deadly than a surface party in the same level range. Besides, historically, drow prefer to fight in the dark.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]