View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Tyris

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 16:01 PM 

Player

Somewhat of a build question.

Once you reach master level with the "converter: job are all items that can be created the same DC?

Ts_

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 18:38 PM 

Player

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
"Converter" isn't a single job but a way some jobs function. (Place the right combination of items in the right workbench and press go in the convo to produce something new out of them.)

All Converter jobs use the success chances from the usual table on the job system page. A highest rank converter has a 90% success chance.

If you're asking about the DC of specific items created by specific jobs ... you need to be more specific. (I'm not sure if there are any job system items with a DC. Maybe some alcoholic things, which probably vary somewhat.)

Regards
Ts

Tyris

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 19:44 PM 

Player

Specifically Inventor Job, it appears that there is a 10% chance on some items and 90% chance on others, unless I am reading the chance of extra xp.

Ts_

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 18 2015, 20:13 PM 

Player

Can you quote the part where you're reading this?

The success rate is always 50%/70%/90%, depending on your rank, for anything you do in the job system. If you have no rank in the relevant job, you can try some things at a 10% success rate nonetheless. (Like picking fruit from a tree, or digging for gold, or, I guess, converting stuff without the appropriate converter job.)

The 10/20/30% bonus always happens after a successful success roll, assuming you have at least rank 1 in the job. A success on the bonus roll improves the quality of the created item by one step. It also gives some extra XP. Beyond quality, it doesn't affect the item. I think this is true for all jobs that somehow end up with an item. (Service jobs, for example, use the same roll-then-bonus-roll mechanic, but end up with varying effects.)

Regards
Ts

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]