View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 12 2016, 11:46 AM 

Player

Again, I'm mostly just looking for options.
Again, I'm thinking about Pale Masters.
I do both too often...

So, I was wondering... If I wanted to build a Pale Master, my standard build always was 10 Wiz/ 19 PM/ 1 Bard. All points in Int, he pretty much summons, casts Wilting and Wails, and survives for ages. Has enough hp to last for a while, and has around 70 AC. Hits like a wet noodle though. Now, I was wondering: Does anyone have any better ideas? I thought about gimping him even more and going full Con past 20 Int and get Epic Damage Reduction. His biggest danger of hitting him: AAs, and they only deal low damage often. Not sure if that is good though... he hits even less than before. So, does anyone have other ways of building him, to make a PM more useful? Pretty much all builds welcome, as long as they don't have DD in them. I'd like a caster approach, but I feel like the build I have is the only option there is.

Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 12 2016, 16:52 PM 

Player

I've thought about it a bunch, but always end up just not doing it in lieu of a super high ac wizard/sorc build instead. You -can't- beat someone with SR, high AC isn't that good of a gimmick because they can always just run from you, and you don't really have spells. Basically, bad AB, bad spells, bad class features (ww isn't even as good as some mummy dusts), so low damage and not dying is pretty much where you end, and that's boring.

I guess the flavor is cool, but personally I don't see why you can't just have that flavor as a normal necromancer wizard.

I just don't think it's good. I think one of the few ways it's ok is to do a hard-melee PM using a two hander in two hands, using your PM AC to make up the difference in losing a shield, is possible, because it bypasses many of the issues a normal low AB low DMG PM has.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]