View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
No_Dice_13

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 04 2017, 2:45 AM 

Player

OK go!

Ricket Ashgather - The Hin with Attitude

Gribbo

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 04 2017, 2:47 AM 

Player

what sort of concept do you have in mind?

that can narrow down which other two classes to play with

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 04 2017, 2:50 AM 

Player

24/6 monk SD - the classic
25/5 monk KC/MS - the neo-classic
30 monk - the letum
25/4/1 monk/fighter/rogue - the tormak
11 monk/1 sorc/18 RDD uses quarterstaff (str) or kamas (dex) - could be dex but RDD just a billion free stats - the FotM
6 monk/8 fighter/16 wm, needs to use a weapon, so staff or kamas - the indie hit
6 monk/6 fighter/18 assassin - alternately 8 monk/4 fighter/18 assassin - or 9/2/19 - uses kamas - the Slaya'
9 monk/2 sorc/19 AA - the "if you got circles to run, you win"

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:03 AM 

Player

Mad scientist or psychopathic vigilante?

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 04 2017, 6:37 AM 

Player

I'd probably go one of the following -->

- Monk 10 / Divine Champion 10 / Rogue 10 (dual wield kama)
- Rogue 10 / Monk 10 / Divine Champion 10 (dual wield kama)

Your goal is to get the highest BAB you can get pre-epic (17). Your option between build 1 and build 2 here is whether you want an extra +1 universal saves (from monk) at the cost of not having lvl 1 rogue bonus skill points AND not being able to have 32 discipline... If you went that path, you'd need to go level 10 monk and then level 10 divine champion pre-epic...

There are ways to obtain 17 BAB with those build by mixing rogue and monk and end up being able to get at least 1 epic feat through the Divine Champion bonus feats. It'd be at the cost of some saves though. From the top of my head, I'd say pre-epic level 4 rogue / 8 monk / 8 divine champion sounds about right. Then in epic you get your remaining divine champ bonus feat.

The second option seems the best.

Why monk 10:

- Great base saves
- lvl 9 gives you improved evasion
- lvl 10 gives you +1 to AC

Why rogue 10:

- lvl 10 gives you defensive roll (for epic dodge)
- Uncanny dodge is a must-have on a dexer

Why Divine Champion:

- Insane saves
- Nets you lots of much needed feats

Strengths of that build:

- Outrageous amount of saves (25+ in all saves without gear and without factoring the 15 spellcraft +3 bonus)
- More BAB than a pure monk
- 5d6 sneak attack at 10-11 attacks per round!
- All the feats you want or need (luxury that monks don't have)
- Uncanny Dodge
- Epic dodge

Feats Taken:

- You can get 4 or 5 "general feats" if you go human, so feats like Strong Soul and Luck of Heroes (lvl 1 feats), Great Fortitude, etc. are welcome
- You need to get Armor Skin in epic, as well as epic weapon focus, etc.
- If you start at 18 dex, you need to take 1 epic dex feat

Human starting stats:

10 str
18 dex
10 con
14 wis
10 int (you already get improved knockdown from monk for free anyway)
10 cha

PS: Don't forget to get 15 points of spellcraft for further saves bonus.

Pitch_black

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 10 2017, 20:58 PM 

Player

I'll share Triatrom Lanthalils build :)

20monk/4fighter/6Shadow dancer Dex style

End stats (with epic items/5ac)

70 ac , 43AB , 38 dex , 28 wins 12 Intel and 16-18con (ioun stone bring 18-20) sad 10str (which I recommend trying to get more base con/str for a bit More Damage)

20 monk gets you all the lovely new monk abilities 50%concelment at 18 per day sense lack of UMD this is nice! And get the ultra cool glowy eyes!

4 fighter fighter was for extra APR , Weapon spec and few extra feats all need to be taken pre epic for the 6th APR (8 hated and FoB)

6 shadow dancer well obviously you get HIP very useful , but also defensive roll for epic dodge , shadow evade which grants another +2 ac

Build has been a ton of fun to play I'm sure there are stronger but so far he's been able to defeat the epic loot dropping bosses from giant king to darkness ( just takes awhile)

And with the DJinna on hit dc 20 stun gloves x 8 apr is just a lot of fun there in the little pvp I've had thus far!

ENJOY!

Uberuce

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 15 2017, 8:26 AM 

Player

Monk20/Rogue10?

Pros: Epic Dodge, AC so high it's relaxing, UMD, 5d6 Sneak attacks, skyhigh Reflex, Will is almost redundant.
Cons: Low AB. Probably going to bite an XP drain when levelling since you're likely to be on a DEX-booster race.

If you're impatient, low AB is a real problem for bosses. I'm impatient. I played mine before Tenser Transform scrolls became PC-scribe only, so I'd do my bossruns with one of them running on top of the usual Bless/Aid/Divine Favour pre-fight snacks.

Monk6/Rogue19/Ftr5:

Pros: Epic Dodge, acceptable AC, UMD, 10d6 Sneak attacks on dual kamae, Epic Weapon Spec for acceptable toe-to-toe damage. Skyhigh Reflex, room for feats to boost Fort/Will to ~40 without too much gearset drama.
Cons: Even lower AB. Even worse XP drain.

And so, I went mehfuckit and built:

Cleric9/Monk9/Rogue10. That only adds to 28, so you have the option of ECL subraces, or adding more levels. I went for Cleric 11 on my halfling.

Pros: Epic Dodge, acceptable AC, UMD, 5d6 Sneak Attacks, decent saves, and (the reason for the build) legitimately high AB.
Cons: That high AB only lasts for one fight, once per rest interval, and it takes a while to charge it up. Horribly vulnerable to Dispels.

It's not actually any better than Generic Battlepriest Build, but you can expect to finish a lot more bossfights untouched, which is kinda stylish and Flawless Victory.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:15 AM 

Player

I think if you're going 20 dex monk you ought to also go 6 or more SD. You can get epic dodge with 9 monk and 5 sd (iirc) and you just get a lot of fun and useful shit out of those SD levels.

shadow evade is slick for free ac, shadow-daze lets you poop on low-will save people, and shadow jump is great when you're also moving fast as fuck.

hips is just icing on the cake.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]