View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Dracorid3r

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 2:45 AM 

Player

Hey guys, New to the server(ISH, Joined for a few weeks, uh... 3 years ago? lol)... used to low level servers and builds so high level builds are completely foreign to me...

So, I know that it's probably not the best combo but I want to make sure I'm not completely screwing it up right now before I get level 15...
I want him to be a stealthy as fuck, dex archer build, burglar/picpocket... yes it has serious drawbacks(As certain people have seen him running around for his life while screaming get off me, but its funny)

Right now, at level 8.

12 str, 20+1 (21 dex), 12 con,14 int, 10wis, 10 cha.

Feats: Stealthy, Point blank shot, and rapid shot.

Suggestions on how not to screw it up?

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 5:59 AM 

Player

19 rogue / 5 COT / 6 SD ?

12 Rogue / 4 COT / 4 SD by level 20

That'll give you 4 APR, HIPs and fix up your saves a bit.
Can trade your last COT level to SD for Slippery mind instead.

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 9:12 AM 

Player

On an archer, I'd personally rather go with fighter over CoT, because that gets you (if you do it correctly, so the fifth level on 21,24,27 or 30) Epic Weapon spec, which is 6 damage, which CoT can't get. an my experience with archers is that saves are less of a problem than AC and damage.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 10:31 AM 

Developer

I've played a rogue archer before. They can really truck out the damage if you set them up right, but they do take some skill to play properly. Notably they're a lot better if you have a party member to cover melee for you. Your damage output will be near entirely reliant on sneak attack, though if you take fighter for Epic Weapon Specialization it does help that some. You can take Shadowdancer for hide in plain sight so you can disengage quickly from fights and it helps a lot when fighting alone too. Mine didn't have SD (mine was a near pure rogue, actually!), so you can do without, it's quite a bit harder though.

Anyways, pre-epic, go 12/4/4 Rogue/Fighter/SD, take the feats:

Stealthy, Pt Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Sling is a good pick for a halfling, it gets their racial +1 AB.), Dodge, Mobility, Improved Critical, Weapon Specialization, Blind Fight, Improved Evasion (Rogue bonus)

If you take 4 fighter, you should be able to fit all that in.

Next, for epic levels, you want to go 19/5/6 Rogue/Fighter/SD. Take 5 Fighter on level 24 or 27 so you can pick up epic weapon specialization. 6 SD gets you hide in plain sight so that's good to go for. Here's what you want to take:

4+3R: Epic Weapon Focus, Epic Skill Focus Hide(Rogue Bonus), Epic Weapon Specialization, Epic Skill Focus Spot (Rogue Bonus, alternatively take focus in move silently), Great Dexterity 1, Epic Prowess Or Armor Skin, Epic Dodge (Rogue Bonus)

Sling is a good pick of weapon for a halfling because it allows you to use a shield and also gets an additional +1 AB over a bow. It does slightly less damage, but the sneak attack dice and the EWS should provide you with enough damage power.

Mrlala

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 10:46 AM 

Player

I did a pure rogue with a shortbow, lots of skills, lots of sneak damage. You can still get 4 attacks per round with rapid shot. And it's fun as hell. Though you need a meatshield in your party.

Broldi

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 24 2017, 12:34 PM 

Player

Kobra has quite literally taken the words from my mouth. Expected. :P

I can't really say any more than what's already been said, and that Kobra and the previous suggestion of fighter; I never take CoT with a bow, personal taste, and unless it's 10 or more, I don't take CoT. Fighter, until that point, with Weapon Spec and the extra feat, granted less saves, is still stronger.
I had this with a different level spread due to being melee dual wield, so you get a couple more epic feats than I did, but with the suggested build you will be doing good damage, your AC won't be bad, you'll have epic dodge for an incredible amount of padding. AB isn't amazing, but if you play smart, your versatility should win you the fight. Remember; A good rogue is truly a cheat when it gets down to it. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]