View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 2:57 AM 

Player

Hello!

In attempts to play more of my favorite class, a Druid, I need help with a build. I'm trying to get a Druid with the following Feats:

- Epic Spell Focus: Conjuration (For RP, and Extended EDK).

- Epic Spell: Epic Dragon Knight.

- Dragonshape.

I've got a general concept going right now, and it'll apply to just about any Race and Subrace. So that isn't quite an issue. Though Mulhorand (Human, Mulan) is a favored of the idea.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Solvaras

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 5:20 AM 

Player

28 Druid 1 Ranger 1 Rogue
13STR 13(12)DEX 8CON 12INT 18(19)WIS 8CHA

Feats: Extend Spell, Maximise, SF: Conj, SF: Evo, GSF: Conj, GSF: Evo, Zen Archery, Called Shot (free feat, can be anything really)
Druid 21: Great Wisdom 1
Druid 22:
Druid 23:
Druid 24: Great Wisdom 2, 3
Druid 25:
Druid 26:
Rogue 27: Great Wisdom 4
Druid 28:
Ranger 29: ESF: Conj
Druid 30: Dragonshape, Epic Mummy Dust

Skills: Tumble 30, Spot 32, Discipline 32, Animal Empathy, UMD: 30

Raua

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 14:56 PM 

Player

I'd say basically that^ but swap rogue for Monk, imo, Evasion + Monk BaB is > UMD

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 16:33 PM 

DM

Druid Monks are really rare and I believe the only order of monk druid are pacifists. Monk Druid is good but might want to consider the Rp behind it first.

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 21:17 PM 

Player

I've made it. It's okay, if a bit boring. But I tend to think that of any build without haste/imp invis, so take that as you will.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 21:45 PM 

Tester

Maverick00053 wrote:
Druid Monks are really rare and I believe the only order of monk druid are pacifists. Monk Druid is good but might want to consider the Rp behind it first.

It's been stated before that just because a deity doesn't have a Monk order dedicated to them, it doesn't mean there aren't any individual monks dedicated to that religion. Thus, druid monks don't have to be particularly rare. They simply have to follow a god who of course sponsors druids and also happen to be a monk.

The idea that the only "valid" Druid/Monk combos from lore are Eldathyn was pretty thoroughly argued against in the past. That of course is not a waiver skimp on a decent RP background when making a build. Same as it is with any class combos.

Solvaras

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 26 2017, 22:36 PM 

Player

The loss of umd is killer if you go monk. You're going to want wands of improved invis as well as mords scrolls when you're in caster mode.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 28 2017, 1:26 AM 

Player

Appreciate it!

Eldath is probably the deity I was going to go with, anyways. Eldath is my favorite Druidic deity for many reasons. Though it's going to be a huge pain in my ass to get any sort of levels, considering I'd have to stick to purely Undead / Aberrations / e.t.c area. There aren't that many around, and the ones that are.. Are high CR, so it'll take a lot of work.

Mikaz

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 28 2017, 1:47 AM 

Player

As for undead hunting areas,
Darkhold is good from 3-9
Burning Crypt is great from 11-16
You can also try Caraigh at night at 15, if you watch out for the special spawns.
(Burning Crypt is probably better, tho)
As for Forrstakkr, there are some undead there too but I'm not sure if they're suitable for level 12 or 18.

So if you just want to rely on hunting undead, it shouldn't be -that- much of a problem.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 28 2017, 1:48 AM 

Player

Darkhold is definitely an issue for a L3 Druid. Maybe with a group of a few of higher CLs. But a L3 Animal Companion and 200 second duration spell. Nope.

Cordor's Undead too are difficult at such low level.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]