View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Yimmi

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 21:16 PM 

Player

Hello my dear Amian community, its yimmi the noob again!
This time I aim to make a monk... I'd like him to be heavily oriented towards it! For RP purposes I'd like him to use his fist or the quarterstaff!
For the build itself assassin is not an option for how the PC is going to be... apart from that I don't have any other limitations!
This is going to be focused more on PRing around, so it doesn't matter that is sucks at PvP. I would like him to be able to go hunting on his own tho', or at least not being mandatory so I can lvl even if I'm alone :P!
About the race: Preferably human, I don't mind Genasi, as I can adapt his background for that :D!
As many of you know... I would like to have an idiot-proof build (level by level, with the initial stats :( ) because I tend to screw them up... and only realize it once I have achieved higher levels...
Also as I've never had a monk before, how should I gear him?

Once again thanks folks :D!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

robbi320

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 22:23 PM 

Player

30 Monk with 5 Improved Spell Resistance. kek

(Don't do that. It's what I would do, because 'you can't hit me with spells', but it's not too strong otherwise. That said, sadly, I'm not too savvy with Monks, sorry)

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 01 2017, 23:25 PM 

Player

A rather standard type "fist" build is 16 monk, 4 fighter, 10 rogue with heavy dex aiming for epic dodge. You could also do 16 monk, 6 shadowdancer, 8 rogue if you want hips and epic dodge.

Qstaff is a bit harder since it has no weapon finesse. I've made strength builds before, but they are rather hit or miss as the AC is eeeh. One favorite of mine was 6 monk, 5 rogue, 19 dwd and use DR to soak damage, but it's a lot like taking a beating and saying "You should have seen the other guy." The AC is probably too low to be playable here though (never built it on this server before).

Then there are weird builds like wisdom monks (Tukson is 15 monk/15 cleric) who have nice stun fists and quivering palms. Fair warning though, these are very hard to level solo (get a party) and when you reach the end, you're going to be disappointed that your DC 38+ SFs and QPs don't actually ever land on endgame trash mobs. :(

For a sword of spellswordy build, you could do something akin to 1 monk, 23 wizard, 6 fighter with a qstaff and use Tenser's to buff yourself. Basically Rashad with a qstaff. Your ac would be about 57-58ish, but you'd have wizard spells, an epic summon and familiar. Dev crit is even possible (though it's really more of a toy than a useful tool). Again, a very hard build to level solo (basically, worse wizard ever til it gets going), so having friends is nice.

Willing to give some basic build layout if any of these types appeal to you.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Yimmi

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 02 2017, 19:45 PM 

Player

Thanks you kindly for your answers and suggestions!
I think I have the build now, thanks to another fellow amian!
Once again it's really nice that our community helps each others :D!
I will see you IG now then :D!

We are southamerican rockers, nou sommes rockers sudamericaines...

And DM side: DM Clangeddin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]