View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
Budly

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 19 2018, 23:05 PM 

Player

I got this idea of making a useful character for the poor Hins of Bendir Dale.

Something along the lines of barbarian. Either with bard, WM or KC. Any crazy builds out there for the insane Uncle of Bendir Dale who will smash people to pieces? The Barb/Monk I heard is not even remotely okay! :cry:

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Mrlala

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 20 2018, 10:12 AM 

Player

BARBarossa! 30 barbarian so you can really profit from that uncanny dodge, saves vs traps!!

Else 24 barbarian/ 6 SD for HiPS barb! Call it Justin Tymm so you can appear out of nowhere and say you were "just in time" to save the day~

Or Tymm De La Slaughter the 23 barb/ 2 rogue/ 5 WM, can also do 21barb/ 2 rog/ 7 wm

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 20 2018, 11:02 AM 

Player

24 Barb for best Rage
4 Fighter for Epic Weapon Spec
2 Rogue for Tumble Dump and Evasion; Alternatively you could fuck Evasion and go 1 Bard for Tumble and Spellcraft.

Just go for High Con and Epic DR if you want tanky and Strength if you want boom boom, I guess :P

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 20 2018, 19:14 PM 

Player

andy has been 24/4/2, it was good, great rage, thundering rage. hit like a tank with a 2 hand weapon.

then he went to axe and shield. was 16 barb, 12 fighter, 2 rogue. huge saves, cuz i took all the save feats. he was hard to kill, but he was a fair bit softer on the hits.

andy is now 21 barb, 5 MS, 4 fighter. only downfall is lack of umd. but the rage is good. he hits like a tank again, and is more versatile than the original 24/4/2. its my favorite build of the three thus far.

Next step is ill just kybosh everything and go off the rails making andy a feral barbarian with a devotion to a bear totem......that along ways away though lol.

Any questions aboutbarbs you got big guy send em my way!

Pinky

Budly

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:04 PM 

Player

Great!

I saw all kinds of ideas on the Discord with Bard/Barb/WM or with KC.

But Im not sure a Hin be good for all this. Was thinking Strongheart Halfling with their stat bonuses but ECL +2 : (

Pinkhaml86

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 21 2018, 17:38 PM 

Player

Go strongheart with 21/4/3 the rage Isn't the best rage. But it's still great. Plus weapon spec. Then the lvl 3 rogue feat.

Kiyona

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 21 2018, 23:18 PM 

Player

24/1/5 barb/rogue/kc. Most interesting build I ever played. EDRIII and the KC auras is great together.
If I rebuilt it it would be to swap the rogue for bard and grabb spellcraft.

I did it on a plain human so a hin would lose 2 str 33 skillpoints and a feat compared to what I have. Would still turné out well I think.

The point with this build is charge head first into battle and drink an elemental shield pot and watch everything beat itself to death against you.

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2018, 1:06 AM 

Player

All your builds sound awesome and I feel like I be disrespectful for declining one or another : (

Maybe I make two! The last two builds there look great!

Whats the 3 rogue lvl feats? Im pretty damn horrible at builds and such, I always ignored it or took help from others. Even then I screwed them up :P

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2018, 3:18 AM 

Player

Actually Pink, I had a question about the third level of rogue as well. Aside from 2d6 sneak, does the uncanny dodge get upgraded to 2, because you get UD1 with two levels of barb?

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Lascer

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2018, 3:32 AM 

Player

The rogue 3 feat is a bit redundant, consider barb 2 gets the same (uncanny dodge, it doesn't upgrade from the barb one)). Rogue 3 gets you 2d6 sneak attack though, and rogue 2 is evasion. Evasion is nice, very nice, but you can find it on an item too.

Strongheart limits your options a bit, but if you want mostly pure barb, for the rage-ness, you might consider Barb 24/Ranger 1/MS 3
Ranger 1 gives you the ranger dual weapon option, if you are looking at light armor (since light armor can achieve the same AC as heavy here, if you can get to 22 dex with gear), without sacrificing feats for it. Taking it in epic levels gives you a free bonus epic feat. Taking MS 3 in epic gives you another free bonus epic feat (MS 1), plus the MS crafting stuff (though I can't remember what becomes available at what levels), sneakiness, and tumble dump, and an extra 2 AB outdoors (nature sense). You lose weapon specialization, but end up with more epic feats than the fighter build, and it might be easier to do the dual dev crit kukri barb rage of death thing (though not quite as well as if you went fully dedicated into two weapon style).

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 25 2018, 13:59 PM 

Player

So many options! I need to ponder this a bit :D

StifterEL

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2018, 19:30 PM 

Player

The only way I see a hin barb beeing viable is either to go earth genesi hin because +2 STR and CON is too good or to maybe go DEX barb.

If you go earth genesi the 24/4/2 split Pink aka Andre'us suggested should be king.

Main problem with in is that the -2 STR is a bit too brutal since you prob want to hit 25+ STR for thundering rage and with a 16 STR start you'll need to waste epic feats to reach that in a already feat starved build. And for strongheart you might end up loosing barb levels which your rages will suffer for, the suggested Barb 24/Ranger 1/MS 3 for strongheart should be worth a look though no weapon spec and epic wep spec so that's a 6 DMG loss :cry: .

As for DEX barb I'm afraid I'm little help there.

I'd advice you to play around localy with the different builds and see what you think works best.
Just remember that the +3 uni saves from mighty rage doesn't work.

rafaelmacgyver

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2018, 21:17 PM 

Player

If you have to go Strongheart, I would go Barbarian 24 / Fighter 2 / Rogue 2.

Sweet evasion, umd and tumble dump, and Fighter would still give you 2 Feats that when taken on Epic you could pick some Epic stuff like Armour Skin that would give even more AC on top of Tumble, Strongheart AC and with Barb 24 Unyielding Rage it would give even more AC on top of it all.

You won't be able to get Might Rage since Strongheart's -2 Con would hurt but you could get Thundering Rage and go more STR focused.

Base Strongheart Total
STR 18 +2 20
DEX 8 +2 10
CON 16 -2 14
INT 12 12
WIS 8 8
CHA 8 8

Emilly MacMillan (Happy)

Image Image

Sprites by Raua!

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30 2018, 22:35 PM 

Player

Thank you all! I see about building the little bastard soon! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]