View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Arkun

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 25 2018, 21:32 PM 

Player

I have a Drow Druid.

He's pretty awful. He gets by because of nice summons, and his pet, but in general his build isn't efficient in the slightest.

Anyone got any builds for a +2 ECL Druid? Not wanting to bring any Shifter into it.

Edit: Added in the [Evil] tag.

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:22 AM 

Player

Haven't tested it, just a quick sketch:

Druid 26, Rogue 1, Ranger 1

1 spell focus: conjuration
3 greater spell focus: conjuration
4 +1 wis 19
6 blind-fight
8 +1 wis 20
9 extended spell
12 improved critical unarmed
+1 wis 21
15 empower spell
16 +1 wis 22
18 maximize spell
20 +1 wis 23
21 epic dragon knight
24 +1 wis 24
armor skin
27 epic prowess
d24 greater wisdom I wis 25
28 +1 wis 26
r1 epic spell focus conjuration

This guy ends up being pretty versatile. Infinite Elder Elemental Shapes, a pet Dragon Knight summons, high DC Stoneholds to spam in Earth form. Rogue lets you UMD and stealth. Ranger adds a discipline dump...

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out a way to finagle Dragonshape on a drow. Not even Divine Champion Bonus feats let me pull it off.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

Arkun

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 26 2018, 23:12 PM 

Player

I sadly don't think its possible to get Dragonshape, like most 'end game' things, Drow loses out due to the +2 ECL, but they're still a fun race to play all the same.

I'll take a look at that build though, I really appreciate it. My Druid's build was more of a random pick of 'things that seemed neat', and it really shows.

maglorine

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 26 2018, 23:52 PM 

Player

To be fair, it's not just the +2 ECL. It's the lack of a Wisdom bonus. I have a +2 ECL Dragon Druid on a Svirfneblin, thanks to their Wisdom Bonus.

Arkun

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 26 2018, 23:59 PM 

Player

That's true also - despite that, I don't think Drow can even get the Winterwight if they're running a Drow PM - but that's besides the point here. I don't need to min-max too hard, I just don't want to be running around with rubbish feats and skills that don't really help too much - I mean, I like having blind flight, brew potion, but I don't think I need combat casting, toughness, or.. zen archery!

Kiyona

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:34 AM 

Player

I would swap rogue for bard in that build. That way you can pick up the ranger level on 22 and get epic conjuration early for a longer duration on that dragon. Take the bard later and you still get that discipline dumpand the other stuff a rogue level would have given you.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 15:30 PM 

Player

Mechanically it could be done as a Drow. just with a vast amount of Divine Champion in the epic levels for the bonus feats into Wisdom. Between 8 levels in epic you can get 4 Greater Wisdom bonuses and then one on one of your levels.

I would advise against it as you loose out on a lot of things for a piss-poor shape. But, it could be done.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 27 2018, 18:44 PM 

Player

You can get your wis high enough, but I don't think there is any way to get dragonshape still. You get bonusfeats on 21, 24 and 27, assuming you 19 druid, then 8 Div champ straight, you can only reach 30 wis at 27 and to qualify for dragonshape, you already have to have 30 wis, taking a great wis feat to get it up won't unlock it on the same level. So unless there's some way to get a bonusfeat in at 28 that allows you to take dragonshape that I overlooked, I don't think there's any way to do it with a drow.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

MightNMagic

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 4:38 AM 

Player

Angelis96 wrote:
Mechanically it could be done as a Drow. just with a vast amount of Divine Champion in the epic levels for the bonus feats into Wisdom. Between 8 levels in epic you can get 4 Greater Wisdom bonuses and then one on one of your levels.

I would advise against it as you loose out on a lot of things for a piss-poor shape. But, it could be done.

Unfortunately no, you can't get it. The barebones build would have to be Druid 18-20/DC 8/X +0-2.

Due to feat placement (level 27) and ability scores, and needing a druid level at 27 to pick it, you can't finagle Dragonshape into the build at all.

Dragonshape isn't piss-poor anymore using the new, additional shapes. It is good enough to straight up solo most bosses. But honestly, I'm fine with drow being unable to achieve it since drow + caring for the environment really do not mesh in lore at all.

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 28 2018, 5:37 AM 

Player

*peeks in, seeing one of the only classed he really knows very little about. Leaves.*

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Arkun

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 29 2018, 2:00 AM 

Player

I'm not gonna get into the whole Drow ECL thing, cause that ain't my hill to die on - but I will say I've always enjoyed my Drow Druid, and Evil Druid in general. Nature isn't all butterflies and baby sheep.

Anyone got any other builds than the one Rashad was offering? Other than the bard alternative - which looks enticing!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]