View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
ucfgoose

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 05 2020, 16:26 PM 

Developer

With the new classes coming out what are some of the ideas you're cooking up involving them? I've got a few interesting ideas and I'm curious to see how they would play out.

I call this one the Neckbeard. He's a chubby guy that thinks that Kozakura is where it's at and that westerners could learn a thing or two. He prefers their weaponry and way of life and feels that Helm is the only real western deity with any honor. To that end he will use his considerable bulk to slice and dice all those he finds acting without honor. Like most neckbeards he is overbearing in explaining to everyone why their culture is inferior even though he enjoys its fruits regularly.

F 9 WM 16 Duelist 5

Stats: 17 Str Dex 13 Con 14 Wis 8 Int 14 Cha 8

Feats: WP: Exotic, WF: Katana, Dodge, Expertise, Mobility, WS: Katana, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Blind Fight, Imp Crit: Katana, KD, IKD, EWF: Katana, EWS: Katana, Epic Fort, Armor Skin, Toughness, Epic Prowess, Epic Reflexes

The good: 40 base AB, Saves 22/20/10 before gear, full tumble, added piercing damage, 390 base HP, and added shield AC
The bad: He's a neckbeard. AC would be higher going dexer and not katana. He's a weeaboo.

Whatcha got for EE-class builds?

Kuria - Lawful Misunderstood

Tyrone Stormont - Diplomat

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 05 2020, 17:09 PM 

Player

One of my absolute Favourites is Barbarian 24 / Two Weapon Fighter 5 / Bard 1.

It's gonna be an absolute DPS Beast, without losing quite as much AC as going 2H Weapon. And it fits so perfectly, it's beautiful. (Losing 4 AC on a Str Character still hurts like *fuck*, but Barb can at the very least use it's Defensive Rage if needed desperately, and also Capitalize on the many Attacks with Ferocious Attack or Standart Rage. It's such a perfect fit, it's as if TWF was /made/ with Barbarian in mind.)

Now what I am going to do in EE is something a bit weird:

Peggy is gonna get TWF as well, 20 Bard / 5 Two Weapon Fighter / 5 KC. Fitting that is not easy, I will legitimately have to drop Improved Critical and the only reason I can even afford that in the slightest is Scimitar <.<

I am not sure if it is actually better than sticking with 4 Fighter and using a Shield for EWS or going Duelist, but I am hoping for a bit more overall Damage.

EDIT:

Another Bard Build that came to mind was Bard 20 / Duelist 5 / Fighter 5 (4 if you're ECL +1, makes it a bit less... weird looking) - +6 Damage from EWS and +5 Damage from Duelist? Yes please. Also gets all your Meelee Bard heart would want in terms of BAB, Fort and HP.

I also think Bard 20 / KC 5 / Duelist 5 or Bard 23 / Duelist 5 / Rogue 2 are gonna be the new "Standarts". Fighter is gonna be so hard out of style for Bard, because Duelist basically gives just 1 less Damage and you don't need to get a noASF Towershield (Or shield at all) and you can pick it up Pre-Epic for more BAB without missing out on EWS like on Fighter.

ALSO:

With the new Dragonshape Changes making the Dragon wield a 1H meelee weapon technically:

Druid 24 / Duelist 5 / Monk 1 - +8 AC in Dragonshape putting you at over 70 in Full tilt KEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEK (JK, Mav already fixed that when I told him. Because he hates when people have fun.)

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 05 2020, 20:47 PM 

Player

Cleric23/5Warslinger/2whatever you feel like. 25cleric works, for better FW, but of course, you don't need FW on a sling. 2 rog for evasion, but warslinger tumbledump. Probably actually amazing as strongheart, because... you really don't need the two levels, and strongheart is good. Alternatively, if you don't have Travel domain, going 1 UMD class is pretty good as well. In that case, Aasimar is pretty good as well, and go 1 rog or bard for UMD.

Go Zen Archery, 20 wis, 18 cha, have pretty good damage per hit, 54-56 AB, and try your best to kite. If you can't/won't kite, you'll still have the same AC as any other battlecleric. Don't take rapid shot, go for the hood of archery instead. +10 div might/shield. It's a pretty feat-tight build, but it's doable.

Downsides: Buff for 3 full minutes, need to re-buff every 5 minutes, and have about 20-25 minutes of full-buffed combat. Also, without div shield, just 55-60 AC.

It's basically a standard battlecleric, but more AB.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 22 2020, 21:46 PM 

Developer

I've been looking over some spellsword builds with EK, since it's one of the more distinct classes. I've come up with two. Unfortunately one of them will only really work with air genasi, but it should work decently regardless.

First up, kind of works as a bladesinger build, does require human for martial proficiency or half-elf/elf for proficiency. Will assume base elf for now:

Pre-epic: 6/10/4 Wizard/EK/Duelist
Epic: 15/10/5 Wizard/EK/Duelist

Stats: 12/18/12/16/8/8
Pre-epic(7+1W+1EK): Blind Fight, Finesse, Focus, IMPR Crit, KD, Extend Spell, Empower Spell, Maximize Spell, ?
Epic(4+2W): EWF, Eprowess, Armor Skin, G-Dex 1, G-Int 1-2
End Stats: 12/24/12/20/8/8

AB: 17+5+4+13+5+1 = 45 [55 with tensers]
AC: 10+6+2+13 + 5+5+4+5+7 +4+1 = 62 (Buffed, with +5 Armor, Natural (Shadow Shield), and dodge from boots)
Damage (assuming epic weapon): 1-6+1-10+1-12+5+5+1+STR buffs = 3-28+11+STR buffs = 14-39+STR buffs
Casterlevel: 25

Note: Above build doesn't work with current EK requirements. Re-adjustment needed.

It'd be a bit better with air genasi, if you're willing to risk being banish bait.
Speaking of which, due to the stat requirements, here's another build that only works with AG:

Stats: 9/18/14/19/6/6
Pre-epic: 4/6/10 Rogue/Wizard/EK
Epic: 13/7/10 Rogue/Wizard/EK
Pre-epic(7+1W+1EK): Shield Proficiency, Finesse, Focus, Blind Fight, IMPR Crit, KD, Extend Spell, IKD, ?
Epic(4+2R): EWF, G-Dex 1, Armor Skin, IMPR Evasion, Defensive Roll, Epic Dodge

AB: 16+5+3+14+5+[8] = 43[51]
AC: 10+6+2+14 + 5+5+4+5+6 +4+1 = 62 (Buffed, with +5 Armor, Natural (Shadow Shield), and dodge from boots, +4 large shield)
Damage (Assuming epic weapon): 1-6+1-10+1-8+5-1+STR buffs = 3-24+4+STR buffs = 7-28+STR buffs + 7d6 Sneak Attack
Caster Level: 17

Also has from the high INT and rogue levels quite a lot of skills, so be sure to grab hide and stuff. Unfortunately due to the stat reqs of getting epic dodge and 19 INT for spells this will only feasibly work with air Genasi.

Last edited by The1Kobra on Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:45 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Procyon

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 23 2020, 3:13 AM 

Player

Problem with that first bladesinger build is that you can't take EK before you have 5+ base attack bonus, which wizard get's at level 10 and can't get 18 parry before taking EK levels since it's not a wizard class skill. But they are reworking the entire EK class so I'm not gonna post my build before that's done.

If you were to turn into a wolf tomorrow, and began devouring humans, and from the same mouth that you devoured humans, you cried out to me "I love you!" Would I still be able to say "I love you," in the same way I do today?

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 23 2020, 3:28 AM 

Developer

Ah derp, I missed the BAB requirement on the EK, I thought it was casterlevel 5 + martial proficiency.

Scratch that one then. Darn. Really thought I had something there.
I suppose you could sub in fighter and pick up EWS, but you're still down an epic feat, and you only get crossclass tumble so less AC. If you go 10 wizard you only get 15 BAB pre-epic filling up on EK levels so at that point you might as well use the usual 23/6/1 build and get epic spells, which certainly makes it a lot easier to manage.

I'll need to recalculate.

P.S. Also, since EK does not give sorcs extra spell selections, EK only really works with wizards.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]