View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
Magiros

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 12 2015, 21:41 PM 

Player

Hey,

I myself have a question, which will be posed later on. However, I hope this thread can be used by other players as well to ask about stuff fitting for their character, not necessarily of the character itself, but the things fitting for the character. Such as spells, familiars, items, plc's... etc... Custom content for the character.

I play Lady Las'Claianna Le'Quella and have for two years, really, trying to figure out a familiar for my character.. But I seem to find nothing! Nothing that seems to fit my character.. At one point I was considering a fox actually. How of you guys, would you happen to have any ideas to toss for me, do you think that a fox could be a fitting creature for Las? And please, speak freely, I would not ask otherwise. Just hope to get some direction and inspiration from fellow players!

Thank you,
Mags

gorgometh

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 12 2015, 21:44 PM 

Player

A blood-thirsty sapling tree to follow her around? 8)

Magiros

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 12 2015, 21:48 PM 

Player

I would not know what on Faerun you speak of! *Shifty eyes*

EDIT: Actually got an suggestion for my question that I find so fitting for my character concept. Thank you DireCorbie for the idea! I believe my initial question is not longer valid.

Xenos

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2015, 6:47 AM 

Player

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=48635

I was thinking of a Mannequin as a pet or whatever.. creepy little doll thing maybe?

Also i'm not sure if its fact, but someone stated that the Bottle Companion came with cloths you could alter as you wanted and apply to it. I'm wondering if for your fashion nonsense, a male Mannequin might not be helpful, if it works that way!

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Magiros

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2015, 10:02 AM 

Player

Going to run out of DC's to request with tuese thing... ._.'

Hmmm... Male bittle companion couls solve the problem of fashion creation upon a male character.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2015, 19:27 PM 

Tester

gorgometh wrote:
A blood-thirsty sapling tree to follow her around? 8)

We do have myconids on the server. Not exactly trees, but close enough. Or a Wood Wight like what used to be the Neutral Summon II or III creature I think, which was just a ghoul with the barkskin vfx.

Unfortunately I've never interacted with the character, but have read her treatise on magic. As she seems like a typical snooty elf wizard traditional elven arcanist, maybe a familiar that can help her around the study or guard it? It all depends on what the character is seeking to get out of the relationship with a familiar. Companionship? Physical help? Defense? A classic elven companion is be the cooshee*, but a familiar is ultimately the personal choice of the magic-user.

So, if Las'Clainna were to walk into a zoo, what exhibit would she spend the most time looking at?

*Full disclosure: Cooshees are green, mary-sue huskies because Elves need to have the best everything, even dogs.

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2015, 23:58 PM 

Player

Familiars don't have to be (originally) alive ;)

Also blink dogs are way better than cooshees. But yes, elves have the best everything.

Estara

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:28 AM 

Player

I always wanted you to treat yoself to an elven artifact of magic, perhaps utilizing that prestigious Evermeet artifact hunting group and prestige class... Perhaps from the past of your house... And DC requesting it! It might not be just fluff, but it'd be cool and would involve all sorts of you noble folks from Maht's plot line. And could incorporate fluff! And other characters! Anyways. You all should follow that stuff more regardless. It's great fluff to request upon.

Magiros

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:40 AM 

Player

Looking to the House lore, the few "companions/familiars" mentioned is actually a mechanical chrimaera build by the current House Leader in Evermeet. But alas, Las is not a transmuter, so will be focusing elsewhere. There are few reasons why a blink dog nor a coshee will do as well, unfortunately. Otherwise I would go for coshee as I looove them.

Las would not waste time going to a zoo. She has far more important work to be done. However, as DireCorbie pointed out.. Familiars don't have to (originally) be alive, so.. That is the direction.

Thank goodness for being epic necromancer. j/k

Hudson

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:31 AM 

Player

Maybe a mechanical golem-type creature in the form of an elf?

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)

Magiros

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:34 AM 

Player

Animated statue of Lady Las'Claianna. 8)

Hudson

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:41 AM 

Player

With slightly overdone flawless looks ofcourse 8)

Harold Kendry (Illusionist) -> see avatar
Elloanore (Travelling bard)

Larsaan

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 18:37 PM 

Player

I guess I might as well ask here. I still cannot for the life of me decide what languages Aven Brinyflask would know. Being a water genasi from the Sea of Fallen Stars, there's a lot of options. Common and Aquan are defaults, of course, but that still leaves me with two extra choices.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

Yossarin

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 21:24 PM 

Player

I would consider the backstory for likely languages. But in lieu of that giving any focus, elven, sauhagin, and draconic might make sense for the area.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 0:35 AM 

Tester

What Yoss said. What other races might they have associated with before the came to Amia? That might lend some insight.

Additionally, keep in mind that max languages known is simply that. It's the maximum. It doesn't mean a PC couldn't know less languages. If all the character knows is Common and Aquan at this point, that's fine. You have two more you can try to learn as their story progresses. In PnP you have to decide at character creation, but a persistent world server can handle that sort of thing a bit more naturally.

Overneath

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 04 2015, 0:55 AM 

Player

So apparently, NWN does not support models for foxes. Well, actually, there are models for fox-girls, but that isn't what I'm looking for. The idea is to re-skin and alter a gnome's familiar to be suitable to a gnome - that is, a burrowing mammal like a fox. The easiest fix I came up with was a size-reduced wolf model with a new portrait and description.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the parameters regarding the alteration of familiars and animal companions. Do changes remain when I level up, or would the change have to take place after I've taken all of my wizard levels? How many DCs are required to shift size, portrait and description?

Incidentally, I'm finding it a royal pain to search for Neverwinter Nights portraits in order to locate one suitable for a familiar. Is there some sort of NPC archive someone might direct me to? I'm looking at a light brown or rusty red color scheme. For that matter, can you shift colors on creature models, such as making a winter wolf pitch black or, in this case, the gray wolf closer to what I envision?

Magiros

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 04 2015, 15:09 PM 

Player

There is fox model. Two of them actually. One is white and the other one is brownish red.. were added in a hak.

Overneath

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 04 2015, 20:38 PM 

Player

Magiros wrote:
There is fox model. Two of them actually. One is white and the other one is brownish red.. were added in a hak.

After some more reading and searching, I realized that I was using this thread instead of the updated one, which probably accounts for my problems. I appreciate the correction.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:24 PM 

Player

I'm having some issues finding a suiting skin color for a character. So I'm imploring your aid.
Being somewhat color blind, I find the nwn skin boxes rather challenging. I remember picking a tanned color for a character once, only to be told it was a shade of green.

I am looking for a blueish white tint. Preferably noticeable without going full Na'vi.
I've tried experimenting with some skin tones in the toolset. They are presented below thanks to cooperative model John. John 1, 3 and 5 are my preferred ones although I have a suspicion John 5 is more greenish. Other suggestions such as a hue closer to human skin are more than welcome.

John1

John2

John3

John4

John5

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 08 2015, 13:14 PM 

Player

I think J3 is what you are looking for.

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

Mercedes

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 08 2015, 20:16 PM 

Player

John 1 is really white with a touch of Blue.
John 3 is a pretty light blue.

Mercedes

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 08 2015, 20:18 PM 

Player

Magiros wrote:
Animated statue of Lady Las'Claianna. 8)

Amalyth could help you in animating a Scrying Orb, or some sort of divination-focused device as that is Las' specialty.

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 08 2015, 20:33 PM 

Player

If you are looking for a hint of white, which it sounds like you are, then I'd go with John 4 or 3. If you want a hint of blue, John 1. John 5 looks like some variant of teal. The color in 2 is so white that it erases a lot of the model texture, sadly.

and yus, she could help Las with that 8)

Dergaii

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 14 2015, 13:19 PM 

Player

Thanks for the feedback everyone, number three it is!
I'll let the snow brothers know their services are no longer required.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]