View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 2:22 AM 

Player

So I want to make a caster class character.
I would have to make a special character request.
Why do I want a Fey'ri? I want to play a Fey'ri because I like th idea of sucubuss / incubuss blood affecting the character's personality and I feel that the race is geared towards the classes i want to play. I have also been reading up on lore for such and originally had the idea for a tie-fling but wanted something more elven. I like playing pretty things and was originally going to go with sorc to make it char based. Decided that Wiz is better over all for mechanics and fits the studious limp wrist-ed runt I want to play.

I'm gonna be honest... I want to play the annoying Git character who's a little too hot blooded and often his mouth is too fast for his mind to stop him. Book smart but not common sense smart. Not strong or dexterous either. That sort of twiggy weakling a barbarian can snap in half. I wish to play them with a very impish attitude. a classic brat and a braggart. Though I would like this impulsive devlish little git should have a few redeeming qualities...
I'm thinking of giving him a soft spot for cute little critters and having and obsessive compulsion to clean.

I intend to play this character as a mage apprentice to an already well established character in game.

I want this to be the little pup that is easy to kick around 'till he grows up'

I think I would have liked him to have been raised in an more elven friendly type area but I can't really think of anything for the background.

Idea for why he would come to Amia would be because of all the rumors that have treat about the wonderful and terrifying events that happens and the strange magical anatomies that seem to happen. His Primary motivator shall be self discovery and interest in creation and magic. I would like to play him as an inventor who's crazy contraptions more often then not blow up in his face.
I would prefer to use the female model for this character - why? I don't like how the male model looks and believe it doesn't do my idea or image intended any justice.

I also have a weakness for androgyny and feminine features. I most often then not hate playing rough and tough characters and do not like the idea of playing those sorts.
Thoughts?

Edits!:

Race:Tiefling
Class: Wizard
Alignment: CN or TN?
Personality: Bratty Git mildly immature, impulsive hot blooded, quick tempered with a soft spot for little defenseless things, habitual obsessive cleaning, MO-Learning more to create a new. Specialties- mini constructs or devices to improve quality of life. Studious and observational. Slightly malicious and 'playful' nature. Spiteful and surprisingly not too much of a grudge holder. Thrill seeker and 'curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back' mentality. Primarily Introverted book worm type.

Place of Origin: Silverymoon I think might be a good start- perhaps originally worked as a librarian of sorts.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Last edited by PassionateShadow on Sun, Feb 15 2015, 10:23 AM, edited 3 times in total.

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:00 AM 

Player

I think a fey'ri is a lot more intense than what you're looking for, considering their rather dark history and bloodline. You could, however, do something similar with a feytouched or elven follower of Erevan Ilesere.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:39 AM 

Player

Yes, I think your concept would be better served by a tiefling than a fey'ri. Fey'ri are ancient, twisted elves who have lived for millenia and are the pinnacle of corrupted elven supremacy. Your character would have lived for a vast amount of time, experienced a great many things, making them unlikely to seek out or need an apprenticeship with anything other than another Fey'ri.

Your concept is a fine one, but it would definitely be more fittingly suited to a tiefling I think. The fey'ri lore would undermine what you're after, while tiefling lore pretty much exactly suits what you're after. An elven tiefling is significantly different from a fey'ri.

Xenos

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 5:42 AM 

Player

I don't know all the lore about the Fey'ri, only that they were locked away for a very very long time before they got free. Some things to consider is the psychological toll, i can't remember who i had this chat with when we were talking about making Fey'ri. The questions i asked we're, while confined, what level of awareness did they have? Were they locked in some sort of jail house? Some sort of stasis? If it was a jail how were they maintained? The big wonder is, mentally, were they aware of the passing of time? That right there should say a great deal about the RP, see because if they were in effect shut down for all the years, their personality and mannerisms would be ancient. Think of how the setting has changed in the time they have been confined! Now the other option is they were fully aware the whole time, maybe in some sort of physical stasis, but what sort of toll did that have on their mind, being locked away for so very long? Or was the whole thing some sort of self contained habitat where they were left to graze and what not?

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 7:13 AM 

Player

Does any one know if Fey'ri comes from a particular book of reference? I didn't get the impression of them having to be much older then your usual elves.

I think they might be from 'Forsaken House ' ?

The sources I've found seem to vary a bit- perhaps adding a bit more on the imprisonment to the sub-race descriptor / back ground might be good for future reference. I had originally suggested a Demon and an Elf to a particular DM over skype and was told that that was more so considered a Fey'ri.

Teifling and Fey'ri seem the same at a glance:

Fey'ri tend toward Chaotic Evil.

Racial Traits: Abilities: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution; Feat: Darkvision; Skills: +2 Bluff, +2 Hide;

Tiefling
Racial traits: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma, +2 Bluff, Hide,

The stats of Fey'ri fit my idea a little better as the penalty to Con makes the character more 'breakable' and delicate. Where as Teifling has a penalty to Char where I planned to use one of the Char based skill sets.

I could roughly do the same exact build as well but be forced to swap around some ability stuff and skills.

Though I do love rp'ing worshipers of Erevan Ilesere.- it fits my brand of humor most often.

But I'm not so sure that would fit this case. I'd like to pull from the chaotic blood of elves a bit character personality wise and I think I'd rather try out a god of magic or invention. I intend on despite teh personality traits for this character to be a 'creator' rather then a destroyer.

The lines of Tiefling and Fey'ri seem blurred- what would elf blood line + some incubi be?

Grymia

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 7:20 AM 

Player

The Fey'ri are in I BELIEVE Monsters of Faerun, IIRC and tied to a specific Sun Elven house (or small group of them) whom decided to side with Evil Planars (Though I can't remember of which variety being Demons or Devils). I'd recommend still looking it up to be certain.

Magiros

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:31 AM 

Player

Quote:
I wish to play them with a very impish attitude. a classic brat and a braggart. Though I would like this impulsive devlish little git should have a few redeeming qualities...
I'm thinking of giving him a soft spot for cute little critters and having and obsessive compulsion to clean.

Fey'ri's as a race are not about pranks nor would make a fool out of themselves to be perceived as brats. Sure, perhaps if they are taking on disguise, but otherwise no. Their bloodline combines the chaotic nature of elfs and demons, so you would basically be playing a creature that is darker, more evil and chaotic than a drow. They are all about opportunity to advance their own selfish goals and if opportunity presents itself, they don't hesitate to take a life of another. How I could see this working is that the fey'ri would perceive these games of theirs as pranks, however, usually with no safe end in sight for the one being "pranked". Mutilating them in the process, corrupting them or outright ending them dead. That is the entertainment of the fey'ri, but as said.. The very nature of fey'ri is not about playing pranks. There are better goals, such as achieving power, which is the ultimate goal of any fey'ri. Plus pulling out pranks would just pull unwanted attention to the character, especially if the pranks are of darker nature.

And fey'ri are not a race that speaks up before thinking. They are hard-line calculating monsters that speak with some sort of intention behind it. And I'm not sure on that perspective of "A little pup that is easy to kick around 'till he grows up'" aspect. Fey'ri's have very high self-esteem and perspective of self. In their eyes they are the master race above all others. The true elven race. Only race they think "highly" enough of is the sun elfs and even that is for the breeding program to have more fey'ri's born to this world. Not to mention, all the fey'ri's are adults already. Otherwise you would be requesting a child character and a child fey'ri would be grown in the community of fey'ri's, no one simply walks away from such a community.

And fey'ri's are raised within their own community and not in an "elf-friendly" area. They have great hatred towards all other races, sun elf's are tolerated for above mentioned reasons. And fey'ri's are not very wizardly origin race. Their whole bloodline flows of chaotic energies and the magical energies of demons, the very reason the sun elfs houses bred with the demons in the first place. To have that magical energy in their bloodlines, to create sorcerers above others. To have quick access to power over long time-investments for power. What you would be requesting is a special character with a special class in a sense from fey'ri race perspective. Why did he become a wizard instead of a sorcerer when their whole bloodline provides this arcane power. And how is he able to maintain such meticulous approach to magic with all this chaotic energy spurring inside. And for the model of using female model... I just think there is no justification to have a special model. It again seems like your requesting a very special race, with special class and with special model. It is a lot of differences there even if you compare it to a normal special character request of fey'ri.

There are some sources to Fey'ri lore. The Forsaken House as you mentioned, is actually very good one. Then there is mention in Lords of Darkness and third book which I can't recall at this very moment.

And tiefling and a fey'ri are nowhere near similar to each others. Plus on top of that, majority of the Fey'ri's don't even worship Seldarine anymore but certain darker deities. A tiefling has a small heritage of demonic bloodline or fiendish, but a fey'ri's bloodline is far more richer. Not to a point of being half-fiend/demon but not so far from that point. The very reason why they manifest so many demonic traits such a horns, tail, wings, glowing red eyes, scales... ect.. Once you read more of fey'ri race, you will understand better why fey'ri's and tieflings are so different from one another.

With your current character idea, I do not believe that fey'ri is a fitting race, fey-touched or a fey is more along the lines you speak of. Or Erevan Illessere follower in general. Even tiefling is more fitting, a tiefling with elven origins.

Last edited by Magiros on Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:30 AM, edited 1 time in total.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:57 AM 

Player

Magiros wrote:
Quote:
I wish to play them with a very impish attitude. a classic brat and a braggart. Though I would like this impulsive devlish little git should have a few redeeming qualities...

Fey'ri's as a race are not about pranks nor would make a fool out of themselves to be perceived as brats. Sure, perhaps if they are taking on disguise, but otherwise no. Their bloodline combines the chaotic nature of elfs and demons, so you would basically be playing a creature that is darker, more evil and chaotic than a drow. They are all about opportunity to advance their own selfish goals and if opportunity presents itself, they don't hesitate to take a life of another. How I could see this working is that the fey'ri would perceive these games of theirs as pranks, however, usually with no safe end in sight for the one being "pranked". Mutilating them in the process, corrupting them or outright ending them dead. That is the entertainment of the fey'ri, but as said.. The very nature of fey'ri is not about playing pranks. There are better goals, such as achieving power, which is the ultimate goal of any fey'ri. Plus pulling out pranks would just pull unwanted attention to the character, especially if the pranks are of darker nature.

And fey'ri are not a race that speaks up before thinking. They are hard-line calculating monsters that speak with some sort of intention behind it. And I'm not sure on that perspective of "A little pup that is easy to kick around 'till he grows up'" aspect. Fey'ri's have very high self-esteem and perspective of self. In their eyes they are the master race above all others. The true elven race. Only race they think "highly" enough of is the sun elfs and even that is for the breeding program to have more fey'ri's born to this world. Not to mention, all the fey'ri's are adults already. Otherwise you would be requesting a child character and a child fey'ri would be grown in the community of fey'ri's, no one simply walks away from such a community.

And fey'ri's are raised within their own community and not in an "elf-friendly" area. They have great hatred towards all other races, sun elf's are tolerated for above mentioned reasons. And fey'ri's are not very wizardly origin race. Their whole bloodline flows of chaotic energies and the magical energies of demons, the very reason the sun elfs houses bred with the demons in the first place. To have that magical energy in their bloodlines, to create sorcerers above others. To have quick access to power over long time-investments for power. What you would be requesting is a special character with a special class in a sense from fey'ri race perspective. Why did he become a wizard instead of a sorcerer when their whole bloodline provides this arcane power. And how is he able to maintain such meticulous approach to magic with all this chaotic energy spurring inside. And for the model of using female model... I just think there is no justification to have a special model. It again seems like your requesting a very special race, with special class and with special model. It is a lot of differences there even if you compare it to a normal special character request of fey'ri.

There are some sources to Fey'ri lore. The Forsaken House as you mentioned, is actually very good one. Then there is mention in Lords of Darkness and third book which I can't recall at this very moment.

And tiefling and a fey'ri are nowhere near similar to each others. Plus on top of that, majority of the Fey'ri's don't even worship Seldarine anymore but certain darker deities. A tiefling has a small heritage of demonic bloodline or fiendish, but a fey'ri's bloodline is far more richer. Not to a point of being half-fiend/demon but not so far from that point. The very reason why they manifest so many demonic traits such a horns, tail, wings, glowing red eyes, scales... ect.. Once you read more of fey'ri race, you will understand better why fey'ri's and tieflings are so different form one another.

With your current character idea, I do not believe that fey'ri is a fitting race, fey-touched or a fey is more along the lines you speak of. Or Erevan Illessere follower in general. Even tiefling is more fitting, a tiefling with elven origins.

Okay I see your points and am more so convinced that Fey'ri isn't perhaps the best idea. You have helped clarify some question and assumptions I've had as well for why I thought the lines were blurred. Thank you for that...

As for model...

I honestly don't see why a representation I use that better fits the body type of character I wish to play should really be considered special. It's really just a matter of aesthetic preferences and how uncomfortable playing using what the male models makes me for the type of character I in-vision. The game is limited to visual representations and I'd rather have something closer to what I think the character looks like. I am currently playing a buff 7'0'' aasimar as my main with a rather manly model... I'm not bothered by this n the slightest because I feel that the model fits the character as I've in-visioned them.
TLDR: I detest having a representation (model) that does not match what the character looks like.

On the note of Character personality I would like to draw up a funny word called perception.

The character would by all means be a very thought driven individual but having a poor temper can cause one to forgo that general proses in interactions. He will very much be an individual who is plan oriented when it gets down to how he behaves when secluded / by himself or when not engaged by another. I foresee this character as having a good self-esteem and perspective of self. I also see them being arrogant and selfish to an extent.

I don't intend to play him as the prankster type- there are very many ways one can perceive playing a git Character.

my intent for this character isn't as dark as you suggest which is another reason I now feel that perhaps Fey'ri isn't suitable.
I have an unfeeling Fey that would fit the above much more so though!

Magiros

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:18 AM 

Player

Glad to hear I could give some small insight to the race. I'm no expert, but that is the understanding I've got after extensive reading of race lore and discussions with few players and DM's.

I understand your feeling of the model. But as well ask you to note that it does send out a message across to other player seeing a male character modeled through female body. I know, as most do, that Yossarin currently does that. However, with the interaction had from him, I've never had any kind of misunderstanding that he was a he.

When I noticed your request for Tempo using female model, to be honest, I was very confused. I had thought the character was a woman. Please don't feel offended, just stating as to why I feel using opposite gender model should be request only and happen in rare cases.

Yes, they can lose temper. However, for a fey'ri to lose temper means that someone soon is going to lose their life. That is how dark the race is. A fey'ri losing temper becomes closer to bloodlust of a demon. Losing temper would state that the opposite person just had influence over fey'ri and managed to undermine the fey'ri. Now, even though they might lose temper.. It was more important, as every fey'ri knows, to remain unknown to the general population. They won't risk it that people start to gossip there being a fey'ri among them.. Because it means they will be hunted. When elf or elves would see a fey'ri, it is instant death to the fey'ri. The elves players do not need to roleplay to initiate PvP on a fey'ri, because the fey'ri by very lore is a creature that is so greatly hated by elfs.

And sure, they can be git characters towards others, but not for the sake of being a git. Fey'ri also are very manipulative race, they do anything to use others for selfish gain. So why would they make other people hate them on purpose, when they can have them like them due to some kind words given and a smile... Soon noticing that those filthy lower races are helping them to obtain power or to work on darker ends.. Corrupting said lower races gives even higher form of pleasure.

But yes, fey or fey-touched character fits better your initial concept. Now, please do note that there are a large variety of fey-creatures and therefore picking the correct type of fey is important. If you want to try for a full fey that is, and there are very strict rules with full fey's set by lore too. Pixies come to mind or nixies. Been a while since I went through the fey-lore, so those two are the ones I can throw out of my head now. Fey-touched characters are great as well, you can combine the free-nature of an elf and fey with the mischievous nature that you like. And with fey-touched, the regulations of fey do not touch you and you're really free to go what direction you want as the ancestor fey can be pretty much anything of the variety of feys there is.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:18 AM 

Player

The Fey'ri are a mixture of Sun Elven and Tanar'ri bloodlines. As such, they retain some elven characteristics, but also possess obvious demonic traits. These traits are varied depending on their ancestry, but one feature they all share is their ability to conceal their true form in order to disguise themselves. They are cruel, proud and vain as a whole, and feel hatred towards other elves for their forced imprisoning and other crimes against the Fey'ri. The Fey'ri are motivated by this hatred, and seek to undermine and destroy elves where they find them, in order to assume their place as leaders. This animosity can be displayed as either direct conflict or subtle misdirection and betrayal, and the Fey'ri are greatly skilled at masquerading as typical Sun Elves in order to achieve their goals. Their creation having occurred as a bid to empower the bloodlines of the elves has also led to the Fey'ri typically desiring power and control, seeking it out with little qualm for who they harm in the process.

The nation of Arcorar was located in the High Forest, and House Dlardrageth were one of the great Houses that made up its rulers. However, due to an altering political situation in Arcorar, House Dlardrageth was lessening in power and influence. In order to remedy this situation, their matriarch ordered that Tanar'ri be summoned and bred with the women of the House in order to create stronger, more potent bloodlines. The Fey'ri were brought into existence as the offspring of House Dlardrageth and the summoned Tanar'ri (Incubi), and were born with increased magical ability. Due to the success of this experiment, the House continued to breed their people with both Incubi and Succubi Tanar'ri. After years of dark experimentation and breeding, the other elven houses discovered what House Dlardrageth were doing, and they gathered to assault the House directly.

Their attempt was a success, and the elves of House Dlardrageth were captured and imprisoned within their manor through the use of a High Magic Mythal. However, a number managed to escape. Sarya Dlardrageth and a small number of her immediate family had fled to the east, and holed up in Siluvanede, where they remained for centuries, slowly attempting to build up their power. Meanwhile, the elves of Arcorar removed the Mythal surrounding the manor of House Dlardrageth, in order to survey what remained of the House. Discovering that key members of the house had vanished, they cast divinations to discover the whereabouts of the escapees, tracked them to their new location and once again imprisoned them, this time within a stasis that left the tainted elves unable to take any physical action, but with full mental awareness. This stasis was left in place for thousands of years, as what had been intended to be a temporary measure was lengthened due to the deaths of the High Magi in the Seven Citadels' War (a war which had been partially instigated by the remnants of House Dlardrageth throughout their centuries of hiding).

In the year DR 1368, the remaining members of House Dlardrageth were freed inadvertently by the power of the Gatekeeper's Crystal. They discovered that a number of other houses (Floshin, Aelorothi and Ealoeth) had discovered caches of magical artifacts created by House Dlardrageth. Those houses had also created their own Fey'ri through the same methods as House Dlardrageth had pursued, but those had been imprisoned in stasis in a similar manner to the Dlardrageth. Over the course of the coming year, Sarya Dlardrageth and her followers began to free their fellow Fey'ri and marshal their forces.

-

That's a rough explanation of the history of the fey'ri that I wrote for one of my requests at one point. 'The Last Mythal: Forsaken House' is a FR novel that contains detailed information on the history of the fey'ri. Some sourcebooks will also provide you with information, such as 'Elves of Faerun', 'Races of Faerun' and 'Monsters of Faerun'.

If your character is a fey'ri, it will have lived for 5000+ years, though physically it will probably be in its early centuries at most since they didn't physically age in stasis. This is one of the reasons why I think your concept cannot possibly be a Fey'ri. Imagine your character, forced into 5000+ years of stasis, immobile but entirely aware as the millenia tick past with no sign that it will ever escape. A creature with an immense predisposition towards evil, suffering in silence for untold years before it is finally released. Fey'ri aren't tricksters or mischief makers, they're vile and evil monster bent on revenge and usurpation of power.

An elven bloodline that at one point bred with an Incubus would be a regular tiefling, not a fey'ri, and it would have an incredibly minute percentage of demonic blood. A fey'ri is the direct result of specific, consistent breeding between demons and elves for generations. A tiefling is usually a once-off accident.

I think you'd get more enjoyment out of a tiefling.

(EDIT: I got ninjaed twice while posting this, but I figure its still useful information!)

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:47 AM 

Player

Magiros wrote:
Stuff

Actually- I would make it very clear this was a male character despite the model. Tempo is a different sort of case then this and for quite a few reasons. In this case it would be clear the character was very much a male but be smaller a bit more feminine looking then male bring on a more androgynous out look over all. In-fact I would make a note of it very first thing in the bio of this character and constantly use He his him to help accentuate he is indeed a male despite boobs on a model. I would also stick to flatter chest pieces or piece that don't show bewbs- sure it's a limiting factor but I prefer that over the male model in this case.

Manarethan wrote:
More awesome-stuff and-

(EDIT: I got ninjaed twice while posting this, but I figure its still useful information!)

Thank you very much! I feel so enlightened and empowered by your post- I will keep this in mind for this face in the future- However I now feel that A tief-fling definitely fits better in this circumstance.

Thank you all Very very much for working on this concept with me and offering support and knowledge of your wisdom- You guys are all amazing and appreciate you taking time to help me flesh out this idea and work it in to a more believable manner.

This said thanks for the lore supporters and thanks for all the clarification. I feel that with this in mind I can start planning more around a Tiefling instead.

So! I will go change and edit the first post accordingly Ty very much again guys!

Xenos

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 3:35 AM 

Player

Manarethan wrote:
this time within a stasis that left the tainted elves unable to take any physical action, but with full mental awareness. This stasis was left in place for thousands of years, as what had been intended to be a temporary measure was lengthened due to the deaths of the High Magi in the Seven Citadels' War (a war which had been partially instigated by the remnants of House Dlardrageth throughout their centuries of hiding).

I've got to wonder what would come out at the end though. I mean in that time would they not have gone utterly mad and back again a dozen times? Some even ending up totally brain dead? What would be there in the end could be any sort of person, maybe the strongest of the strong held onto their hate and focused on that to preserve their minds, but even then, that is a long time. I would think a Fey'ri would be mentally unstable, prone to outbursts of rage and what not. Some more stable than others, but some so scrambled and chaotic they could as easily end up good natured as evil.

I love the idea of Fey'ri, but i can't get over this 5000+ years of nothing but your own thoughts. That would just be hard to RP, at best there would be a barely contained rage for whatever their confused their mind upon. Not like.. Drow anger, but rip into with claws and teeth and shred the object to pulp kind of rage.

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 4:10 AM 

Player

People go mad in many different ways. But yeah, it would be hard to RP which is why its an important thing to consider when working on a Fey'ri character concept. Though I think you're limiting the scope of potential that this kind of treatment could cause. Barely restrainable rage is one possibility, but there are lots of other ways it could go too.

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 6:02 AM 

Player

I mean, is that really the only plausible background for a fey'ri? One of the ones from stasis? They couldn't have bred more after, as they're releasing and fighting and such? Seems like fey'ri (as race) wouldn't all have to have that 5000+ from the description you put out, Mana.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 7:50 AM 

Player

The Fey'ri were freed in 1368 and the current year is 1375 (or around that, can't recall). To be a fey'ri who wasn't imprisoned in stasis, they'd have to be born in that intervening time, and thus be less than ten years old.

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 8:06 AM 

Player

But.. the other houses had created their own fey'ri from other artifacts, Mana? It says so in your thing!

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 8:12 AM 

Player

They did, but in the same sentence I mentioned that they were also imprisoned.

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 8:21 AM 

Player

Just as a small correction, the year is currently 1383, which means if a Fey'ri was released and instantly bred, including an elven 12 month gestation period, 14 years old would be the maximum age, currently.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 8:39 AM 

Player

Manarethan wrote:
They did, but in the same sentence I mentioned that they were also imprisoned.

Yes, but.. the point is that there are no years for when these ones were imprisoned or for how long or for how old or whatnot? The only year information is on the others. That's all I was pointing out. There are holes in the story for other fey'ri to be incorporated, as it only focuses truly on the Dla House!

The way it is said, "artifacts of.." implies to me that these other Houses were indeed YEARS after the first house. Otherwise they wouldn't be artifacts. So.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 8:52 AM 

Player

There was a gap of years between Dlardrageth and the other houses (Floshin, Aelorothi and Ealoeth), and the idea that some fey'ri may have evaded imprisonment is possible, but it raises a lot of questions as to why they didn't try to free their kin in the 5000 years in which they were imprisoned, particularly since as soon as one of the groups of fey'ri imprisoned where freed by adventurers, they immediately went out and freed their kin, formed an army and from there I admittedly can't remember because I didn't read those books. :P

I think it would be very unlikely though that the fragments that may have escaped capture, if they existed, would have been able to keep up the bloodline and survive as fey'ri. If they did, 5000 years would undoubtedly have changed them and their ancestors to something other than the fey'ri that remained in stasis, and I doubt they would be similar when it ends. Plus, again I think that they would have attempted to free their kin. Fey'ri may not like each other very much, but they hate other races far more and they consider all fey'ri superior. I don't think they would've let others of their master race remain in imprisonment.

So I mean, I'll admit that it's possible, but I think it very unlikely and even if they did, they probably wouldn't be fey'ri as their imprisoned kin are.

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 18:17 PM 

Player

Heheheheh. Sorry to derail the whole thread and to be so curious and nitpicky, but I am just a firm believer in leaving some of those holes open for people to poke around in and mess with. If you say every fey'ri is frozen but then new fey'ri are made while they're frozen then my mind goes, "Waaaait there's juicy story to be made there!!" In my opinion, that's the best and most creative part to use. Isn't that what we're here for? That line between lore and creation? To take what the books give us and find where we can make something lore appropriate but also new and cool?!

'Unlikely' is all well and good, and I have no desire to make a fey'ri at all, but I know that someone someday might take that DM commentary as a legitimate ruling. I'm glad we found the part where someone could find some wiggle room, even if it means going into areas you didn't read or understand. Then it's a challenge for everyone. Not something to just say "No" too! Besides, I didn't mean that the fey'ri stayed out of being imprisoned... I meant that there are fey'ri of different stasis ages and times. It seems most likely that almost all of them were locked up, killed or banished, but it also seems most likely that some of them are younger than 5000+ years. If they found 'artifacts' that is. That means the fey'ri of all these different Houses are scattered over different generations and ages and leaders and tanar'ri. Gives a lot of fun room for interpretation.

Again, sorry for derailing, PS! How's your character idea coming along??

Magiros

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2015, 19:55 PM 

Player

Of course there is chances for different background, I would think. And by what I read there are few who are outside the main houses. However, it is very highly unlikely and the survival of a lone fey'ri is very difficult as well, not to mention the huge trouble the sun elfs would get in for conducting such ungodly rituals. Especially after the fey'ri's were imprisoned. I think it raises the bar to even consider or try such. Having seen what happened to the former houses who did it. And to be honest, it is not like it was a wide-spread practice to create fey'ri's. Therefore, I would stick to the existing lore, they are highly unlikely creatures to come across already, but to be one outside of the main houses... Is even more unlikely. Plus you would be considered somewhat of a renegade fey'ri that the main Houses try to basically hunt down. Why? Because they want to keep their matters together and raise numbers before the awareness of their escape spreads. A revealed renegade fey'ri would be devastating to their cause. That being said, there is one house that got away with their practices and managed to land in Evermeet as well. (If I recall correctly.)

And even if some escaped the imprisonment, the lifespan is still similar to that of elfs. Not to mention, creation of new fey'ri would be difficult as it does take a talented arcanist to bind a demon to do the breeding program and on top of that, you would need to get sun elfs from somewhere, who are unlikely to go along with this. After all, fey'ri's don't work with demons, they (in their eyes) use them for their own advantage. Therefore they would not even consider making pacts nor contracts with such vile creatures.

Please do note that is my understanding of the race and might not be 100% exact. Then again, I am sure Manareth can point it out if I am wrong or some other.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 21 2015, 8:04 AM 

Player

Decided to just make the character female and work with another player to create some fun impaction characters that have a touch of silliness but are actually a very deep concept once you get past how jarring they are.

I would like to thank you all for offering aid support and lore it's been really helpful and I count Mischief and Mayhem a huge success.

All this awesome is much appreciated guys!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]