View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Nalkanar

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 07 2015, 6:07 AM 

Player

Hey,

I am kinda unexperienced with FR lore. I used to play on world which were not connected to FR or only slightly. Usually realms (planets?) thath were maybe magically connected to FR, but it was not used in the game.

I guess if I am also "new" to Amia I should have my character to be from cities like Amn, Neverwinter etc., right?
Where could I find some quick info for beginner on these localities?
Are there some changes to FR lore of these places for me to know?

Thx

CET time zone

davis114

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 07 2015, 14:12 PM 

Player

Oh, man. Um...well, this depends on just so many things. The type of character you have, for instance, is bound to be from a particular area of Faerun, based on his race and how he acts.

We have to narrow this down a bit. What exactly are you wanting? Do you want a rundown on the major settlements in Faerun? Or a map?

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 07 2015, 14:46 PM 

Player

I have some "general" knowledge of some cities from time when I tried playing NWO.

Right now I am focused on playing human wizard and elven ranger.

With ranger I feel like I can tell he lives in woods and everything can happen in there, so I can put his origin story in that.

With wizard I know why he came to Amia, but I am unsure where to put him growing up and learning the basics. He could be from Amia, but I would not know lot of stuff I should know as a "local".

So if you have anything for this :)

CET time zone

davis114

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 07 2015, 15:08 PM 

Player

Let's go with the elf first. An elven ranger can come from a lot of places, but the High Forest is a pretty good origin that jumps immediately to mind.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/High_Forest

For a human wizard...well, there's just all kinds of places from which a human wizard can spawn. Off the top of my head, I'd go for Waterdeep as his origin. But, if you'd like to share his reasoning for coming to Amia, I can probably give you a better answer.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 07 2015, 21:26 PM 

Player

Well I am not really concrete on that matter. Basically he is travelling student of magic who heard about Amia and its dangers and magical creatures. So he decided to go here, travel, learn and discover. I would like him to be from family with some mages in it. Generally he is no spellsword or anything, classical mage. :)

I know it's not much to go with, but I am more concerned with playing him in the moment than with the past. Yet I need some sort of backstory figured out if someone should be poking around that.

CET time zone

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]