View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
walnutboy

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 23 2015, 8:29 AM 

Player

This has probably been addressed somewhere and when i have the time i will do a proper search, but in the meantime, i shall ask! :)

I have a concept for a character, group of characters, from an old server, it was originally about a group of elven shadowdancers whose ability wasn't 'natural' and was more manufactured rather than them seeking it. In a nutshell a mage had sort to understand and use the shadows and through his experiments he sort to infuse beings with shadow... in this case captive elves. The result was a clan of elves who lived more in shadow than in light, who spoke only in whispers and who, had unusually long lives even for elves due to having been held outside of the prime plane and rather oddly for elves - slept. Though the slept would bring about nightmares of the past and most would actively avoid any form of rest as best they could.

At the time my own character would refer to herself as a 'false elf' as she would notice the differences between them and normal elves. They had no memory before the time of shadow but all lived in fear of being sort by the mage, who they believed had perished but were never sure, and return to their state of captivity. I could probably go further and explain the history more but i was merely wondering, that as a concept, could this type of character exist within Amia?

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 02 2015, 16:55 PM 

Player

I think this is something that would merit a DM request, almost purely due to the strange circumstances their power comes about. Not because it "couldn't work" on Amia or anything, but rather, just to err on the side of safety. The request itself seems relatively benign, as long as it's just a funky way they became shadowdancers.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 03 2015, 13:28 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
I think this is something that would merit a DM request, almost purely due to the strange circumstances their power comes about. Not because it "couldn't work" on Amia or anything, but rather, just to err on the side of safety. The request itself seems relatively benign, as long as it's just a funky way they became shadowdancers.

Thanks for the input. Besides night terrors that form from shadows to harm the character, yeah just an unusual way of becoming a shadowdancer and explaining away her abilities. I will flesh out and think more on this before making the DM request. Thank you again

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]