View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 23 2015, 8:42 AM 

Player

I saw this thread And I've often wondered or suggested making a kid pc and the like but I've not really under stood all the rules about it. I take it Kid pc's shouldn't really have; builds' so what's the limitations on that? What are the ages acceptable? If you are allowed any classes are there classes not allowed?

My questions could actually go on for quite a while.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 2:27 AM 

Developer

As I recall, child PCs may never be above level 2, have to stay in a city of choice (unless kidnapped, etc), and also if I recall have docked stats. They shouldn't go adventuring because such would be extremely dangerous.

Child PCs must be requested and approved.

Liz

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 2:32 AM 

Player

When I requested a child character a few years ago (she was 14 yrs old) what I was told is that she couldn't advance past level 3 while staying a child character. I could advance her to level 4 if I wanted, but if she did, she'd have to immediately become 18 years old IC. I didn't get anything about docked stats, but maybe that's newer than my experience?

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 4:44 AM 

Player

I don't know much about them myself, but a quick trawl through the request forum yields many answers to what is required from past child PC requests. The bar seems pretty high on them for what can be seen.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 19:11 PM 

Player

I would imagine there should be some form of class limitations? Are there or no? I mean type of class not how many lvl's.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 19:15 PM 

Player

I figure any basic class is acceptable. Low-level Arcanist means he'd be a apprentice. Low level Cleric, Acolyte.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 24 2015, 23:08 PM 

Player

I know and used to see the appeal in child (or young) characters once when I was younger, but now as I am starting to get older myself I am asking why? I'd never send someone below 20 years old to fight, it just won't end well.

Akhlys

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 25 2015, 0:17 AM 

Player

Shadowfiend wrote:
I know and used to see the appeal in child (or young) characters once when I was younger, but now as I am starting to get older myself I am asking why? I'd never send someone below 20 years old to fight, it just won't end well.

The individual makes more of a difference than their age.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 25 2015, 0:58 AM 

Player

Yes but there is a limit. I am in this age, and I wouldn't deem anyone I know ready to put their lives at risk, emotionally.

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 25 2015, 5:51 AM 

Player

Well it used to be normal for 13 year olds to get married, provide for their family, go to war. That is historic fact. On the other hand fantasy setting usually presents higher quality of life which partly negates this historic fact. I personally think that 15 year old could do all mentioned above in regular fantasy world.

I dont know where is appeal. I have seen children characters on servers where DM team expected players to have some common sense about it. But it ended up usually with kid not even being 15 and yet having 15+ lvls and using all of its perks :roll: . On the other hand I used to play in "arabian" (nomadic) family, where eventually children "appeared" and it was kinda fun when once in a while someone logged on as one of the children in the family and trolled us the whole evening which children like question.
"Uncle Ali?" (my character Ali, wizard)
"Yes, Rany?"
"Why is aunt Alice so poorly dressed like those ladies in town that throws themselves at all the guys?" (Alice was family friend, sorceress who used to dress... well like a courtesan)
"Well, she likes to show how pretty she is and how fearless she is because of the magic"
"Uncle Ali?"
"Yes?"
"Why do you wear so much clothes? You are best mage in the world, you should go just in your underwear to show your magic"
"Ehmmmm.... your aunt doesnt like me going out like that, so I wear lot of clothes. Just like your mother teaches you."
"Uncle Ali?"
... (rant going on like this for 10 more minutes till we safely moved from town A to town B) ...

Eventually when those children reached 15+ they became full played PC and were switched with their parents PC (= players who used to play their parents became children.. for lack of people and other issues). :)

CET time zone

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]