View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Nalkanar

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 06 2015, 9:44 AM 

Player

Hi,

I would like to ask about shifters. I'm inclined to try one (it's one of those classes I never played but seemed really interesting). The way I plan it is to use only 5 lvls of druid which means my character is not feeling really as a druid and its ability to shift is main focus of the character.

I have these problems with my concept:
1) Druid levels - how does one explain those lvls RP-wise and what should I do or do NOT?
2) How does one become a shifter? I take it it is something person is born with + I am consider roleplay solution that focuses on shifter's ability to merge with items.
3) When shifter is merged can anyone tell just by looking at him that he is a shifter? Meaning - if I would shift into kobold or drow will I be attacked on sight? Can I infiltrate? Should I ask for resking to normal elf?

X) Any other problems I should be concerned with?

CET time zone

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 06 2015, 10:49 AM 

Player

Stuff be 'ere: http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44671

Not sure if it is still relivant though as its a five year old post.

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 06 2015, 13:31 PM 

Player

Thank you :)

CET time zone

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 10 2015, 11:21 AM 

Player

About druidic oath:

How is oath relevant to evil-druids? I think they are called blighters (not sure).
Can "non-druid" shifter still use elemental shifts, or is it also granted through deity?

CET time zone

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 10 2015, 15:22 PM 

Player

Nalkanar wrote:
Can "non-druid" shifter still use elemental shifts, or is it also granted through deity?

Yes they can use those shifts, because shifters are granted them on Amia.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 10 2015, 19:33 PM 

Developer

Nalkanar wrote:
About druidic oath:

How is oath relevant to evil-druids? I think they are called blighters (not sure).

Druidic oaths are actually the same for good, neutral, and evil druids. Blighters are more akin to anti-druids.

Evil druids however, would more likely take on the more brutal and feral aspects of nature. Malarites are a prime example of what an evil druid can be. They aggressively shun civilization and believe it to be a corruption of nature. They still oppose undead as they are a violation of the natural order. While all druids likely hate demons and devils, most neutral/good ones I've seen are willing to tolerate Celestials because they don't aggressively upset the natural balance. An evil druid would consider any outsider as having no place in nature and thus would oppose celestials as well.

You can kind of think of an evil druid as being the fury of the wild, aggressive nature protector, and one who opposes civilization. They believe fully in natural selection and survival of the fittest. But they hold to nature's doctrine and are very protective and reverent of it.

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 10 2015, 19:52 PM 

Player

Well I thought that basically any evil-druid is anti-druid. Since the druid class in that case represents the ability to manipulate the nature and alingment shows what the druid does with it.
Good one (neutral good) would be the one, that protects nature but also tries to help people to make them feel closer to nature and to get them to understand what they should or should not do.
Neutral (3 neutral alingments) would mostly protect the nature, not really cooperating with outsiders (as in non-druid/non-rangers).
Evil would be that anti-druid who uses nature to get power for his own ends.

CET time zone

Larsaan

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 11 2015, 14:21 PM 

Player

Nope, not necessarily. Dedication is not the measure of one's alignment, and Evil characters are fully capable of valuing a deity or an ideal more than their own life. Besides, many aspects of nature are governed by Evil deities. Malar has predators and the hunt, Auril has cold and the winter, Talona has poison, disease and decay, Umberlee has the sea and all the animals that live there, Sebek has crocodiles, rivers and wetlands, Talos has every form of natural disaster that happens on land.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 11 2015, 20:14 PM 

Player

Nice! I am getting so much new and useful info. Very helpful to creating characters background and mentality. :) Thank you very much.

Disclaimer:
I used to play on non-FR worlds. That means that each world had its own original lore (maybe inspired here and there by FR but mostly original). It is unusual for me to have so many gods and to be able to choose different RP aspects just by choosing the right god.

Any elven gods related to nature? Maybe more "aggresive" (does not have to be evil) ones?
My idea is having moon elf druid/shifter who would still be druid but closer to that aggresive/defending/action sort. I found some list of deities but I am not experienced in FR and I dont want to mess RP up.

CET time zone

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 11 2015, 20:39 PM 

Player

Well I play a druid Wood elf DD of Deep Sashelas, whom is a Elven god and is known as the Dolphin god.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 11 2015, 20:46 PM 

DM

Nalkanar wrote:
Any elven gods related to nature? Maybe more "aggresive" (does not have to be evil) ones?
My idea is having moon elf druid/shifter who would still be druid but closer to that aggresive/defending/action sort. I found some list of deities but I am not experienced in FR and I dont want to mess RP up.

Fenmarel Mestarine. :D

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 11 2015, 21:25 PM 

Player

Dragon Age :lol:

Thank you all.

EDITed for spoilers.

CET time zone

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]