View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Ulir

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 25 2016, 22:17 PM 

Player

Is it impossible to imagine a fire genasi that's grown tired of being a burden to society/his surroundings and being shunned due to his heritage that he spends his time attempting to master self and damage control, by trying to adhere to laws of society, learning the ways of the monks while intensely studying abjuration magic?

The yearning to learn the arcane ways to protect himself and others from himself should his temper get the best of him. This combined with monk lessons in self mastery, control and discipline in order to maintain composure to the best of his abilities. A LN wiz/monk/rog that has a tendency to snap at, or insult people when he loses himself. Not tourettes, but something milder perhaps. A 6 charisma has to mean something. :P

Would that fly you think? Of course I wouldn't spew out curse words left and right, but do things in moderation and being reasonable about it.

Overneath

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 25 2016, 23:09 PM 

Player

Yeah, hmm...the subraces page (which I assume is just from the FRCS) is a little misleading there. If an elemental planetouched DOES have an alignment tendency, then it's more than likely a result of their parentage, which in this case would be majority efreet, who are, wait for it, 'always LAWFUL evil'.

Yeah, D&D 'mostly this alignment' races make less and less sense the more you look at them. I've always treated genasi as having the same range as mortals, and then just giving them personality traits consistent with the element instead of alignment BS.

In short, no, it's not impossible to imagine.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 25 2016, 23:32 PM 

Player

Nope, not impossible at all! There's nothing lore-objectionable there.
Yessssss more mooooonksssss

Ulir

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 26 2016, 0:51 AM 

Player

Goody. Thanks for the input, folks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]