View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 19 2016, 13:01 PM 

Player

Currently I can't find much for my preferred characters to do on the server. I'm looking for suggestions or ideas on what I could roll that might fit better with the current server community. Any thoughts?

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Akhlys

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 19 2016, 13:39 PM 

Player

A normal human druid of Jannath.

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 19 2016, 14:24 PM 

Player

I can appreciate your plight, and I've been there myself. I've got a vault and a few accounts with dozens of characters in them. My problem is that I either get bored with what I'm playing due to roleplay becoming stagnant or situations change and I feel like the roleplay has left me behind. I don't blame the server, the situation or anyone but myself even in both cases, since I always had the mindset that any character -can- be useful on amia, you just need to find your niche so to speak. Easier said than done.

That said, some of my best characters were the simplest ideas:
Human Male Cleric of Tymora
Moon Elven Sorcerer Fighter
Human Male Weaponmaster

Those three characters many people might know just from those descriptions, and if they don't... well, my fault, I should have played them longer, harder, or been more involved.

What should you play? I think you should use your creativity and imagination to make something simple come alive in a way that's unexpected. Exotic races and crazy class combinations don't make an interesting and immersive character, their personality, story and personal drive and ambition as well as fears and misgivings do.

I see a lot of the exotic races being asked for, and to be honest, most of those that are approved quit after a short time. Why? They've been pigeonholed from day one as to what they are to do, there's not much room for interpretation. Sure, they can and do grow as characters sometimes, but not in most cases.

Some things I've always wanted to try, but never did....
Halfling, pure rogue
Elven wizard
Human paladin

These are pretty stereotypical things, but, they can be played in so many ways. Another idea is to break your own personal stereotypes. I really only know Tempo and Matthew all that well, but I can say that you could create characters that on the surface might seem similar to them, but... would be completely different. It's a challenge to yourself to come up with something you've never done before, something simple, yet elegant and complex in it's undertaking.

Also... yes, we are a social server, however, when you create characters to "fit in" with a certain group, the moment that group changes, you might find yourself losing interest in that cookie cutter character. Make something for you first. See if they can work with a faction or city, rather than the other way around. Trust me on this. Make yourself happy first, then your character can find a path that suits.

If you wanted help with builds or ideas, feel free to ask me anytime.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]