View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Wed, May 06 2015, 3:40 AM 

Player

Bauble Guffin
The Fairy Dragon

bauble!Mark Guffin was a frail elven man whom spent many a day locked away with in a library pouring countless hours of reading the various texts, copying them over and creating books. The truth about Mark was he was an adventures at heart but needed a real job to pay the bills. He would keep records in the light of day, tend to the organization and up keep of the books in the library, and spend his nights delving in to the arcane weave.

Then one day whilst visiting the local public drinking house to pick up his evening muffin as usual, he caught wind of a fabled Grimoire said to contain the the vast and various works, spells, and incantations of Elminster Aumar. Turning quickly from the tender he took his muffin with him back to the library.

He rushed in to the Library muffin at half mast as he called for his familiar to light the 'Midnight oil' He hastily retrieves a pack which he had been putting together for just such an event . Bauble, doing just as his master pleased light the lamps as usual though took worthy notice of his master's sudden, unusual enthusiasm and energy.

"Master, where are the groceries? Did you forget them? It's unlike you to deviate form your schedules you plan for each day."

Mark turned towards his familiar with a strange sort of twisted smile. The smile that only a man suffering from delusions of grandeur could posses.
"The time has come, my sweet little Bauble! It's time I venture out and, fulfill my destiny!" He says as he moves to messily gather his ' important' research pages gathering them and rolling them before putting them with in a message tube.

Bauble observed his master wondering just what had made the usually stone faced stoic man act in such a way.
"Bauble fetch me my thinking cube!" Mark called as he set his blueberry muffin down to gather a few other necessities.

Bauble fetched the brightly colored cube with three rows and offered the rubix to his hasted master.
Mark toyed with the cube, turning to over look the small library turned booked shop of his home. He then cast his gaze to the ledger that lay open on the front desk... He couldn't just leave shis shop... could he? Then his auburn gaze rested solely on his familiar.
"That's it!" Mark exclaimed as he eyed his multicolored familiar. "Bauble my sweet you are in charge of the shop until I return!" Mark said to Bauble surprise.

Bauble smiled feeling as if he;d been bestowed a high honor to do such. "And where are you going Master?"

"To fulfill my destiny Bauble I shall be back by the morrow" Mark assured taking his muffin once more in to hand. Now he was ready, ready to venture forth and find this fabled Grimoire. And with that Bauble bid his master a fine fair well, wishing him luck.

As time went by Bauble's Master didn't return... Days turned to week and weeks turned to months. Bauble was faithful and did just as his master had asked and minded the shop. Records were kept in colored wax, however Bauble didn't entirely understand the organization of books but he tried his best. Slowly business slowed as his Master wasn't about to create more books to be sold. And finally months turned to years. Soon the rent was due and Bauble couldn't pay.

29 Bard
Fey Touched
Base Ability scores:
STR:
DEX: (second love) +2
CON: -2
INT:
WIS:
CHA: (maxed yo)+2

End Scores:
STR:
DEX:
CON:
INT:
WIS:
CHA:
Class / Level Feats Skills to Max Abilities
Bard 1 / Level 1 (Feat)
Bard 2 / Level 2
Bard 3 / Level 3 (Feat)
Bard 4 / Level 4 +1 Char
Bard 5 / Level 5 -
Bard 6 / level 6 (Feat)
Bard 7 / level 7 -
Bard 8 / level 8 +1 Char
Bard 9 / level 9 (Feat)
Bard 10 / level 10
Bard 11 / Level 11
Bard 12
/ Level 12 (Feat) +1 Char
Bard 13 / Level 13
Bard 14/ Level 14
Bard 15/ Level 15 (Feat)
Bard 16/ Level 16 +1 Char
Bard 17/ Level 17
Bard 18 / Level 18 (Feat)
Bard 19/ Level 19 -
Bard 20/ level 20 - +1 Char
Bard 21/ Level 21 (Feat)

Bard 22Level 22 -
Bard 23/ Level 23 (Feat)
Bard 24 / level 24
(Feat) +1 Char
Bard 25/ level 25
Bard 26/ Level 26 (Feat)
Bard 27 / Level 27 (Feat)
Bard 28/ Level 28
+1 Char
Bard 29Level 29 (Feat)

~SKILLS ~
Preform
Bluff
Persuade
Discipline
Listen
Taunt

Reasons IC-
Chaotic Good
Oghma

⦁ Fun playing with the towns folks
⦁ Curiosity get's the better of them
⦁ The want to learn about EVERYTHING
⦁ Used to be a wizards familiar- The wizard died
⦁ Was raised in a city

What do you guys think fo this idea? I've been sitting on it for quite a while actually...

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Mercedes

PostPosted: Wed, May 06 2015, 12:46 PM 

Player

I can't locate it right now as I'm at work, but I recall there being some feat support and other PnP fluff for emancipated familiars and the like in a source book. I will try and find that later.

Wait.. faerie dragon bardsong? Is it going to adorably coo in the midst of battle or come arm with tiny castanets? :P

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Wed, May 06 2015, 17:06 PM 

Player

Mercedes wrote:
I can't locate it right now as I'm at work, but I recall there being some feat support and other PnP fluff for emancipated familiars and the like in a source book. I will try and find that later.

Wait.. faerie dragon bardsong? Is it going to adorably coo in the midst of battle or come arm with tiny castanets? :P

That would be very appreciated!

Originally this was just an idea for a librarian character to help find information for others. I figured by playing a Lore master I could rp research and in turn expand my own knowledge about D&D lore in a much more fun manner as well.

I was able to find tid bits on other sites about familiars but nothing referenced towards any particular book.

I believe Sylvan Song might be how this wonderful little creature brings inspiration to others. I've thought about the job system and I think teacher historian and scribe might be best for the character idea as a whole.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 04 2016, 22:36 PM 

Player

Since racial type is a thing would a fairy dragon be fey or dragon ? I still really like this concept

Estara

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 04 2016, 22:40 PM 

Player

There's probably an argument to be made for both, but I'm guessing dragon.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 7:56 AM 

Player

Faerie Dragons are dragons.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 19 2016, 13:03 PM 

Player

Does any one have thoughts for plausibility on the background?

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 21:55 PM 

Player

Well... it's a dragon, so you know my answer already, sorry to say.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 1:01 AM 

Player

Does that mean no one's allowed to rp their familiars because they are dragons?

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 1:04 AM 

Player

A familiar is not a PC. Don't be pedantic.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 2:38 AM 

Player

My question still stands for plausibility of background for this idea in general?

Larsaan

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 2:43 AM 

Player

It's a valid point. That a creature is freely available as a familiar says something about how rare it is (or isn't). There have been plenty of pixie PCs.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 3:17 AM 

Player

Panthers, Imps, Mephits, Hellhounds, Bats, Ravens, and Pseudodragons are freely available too, and I wouldn't consider any of those to be viable PCs. PCs can summon Air Elementals but I wouldn't approve one of those. You could say the same about any summon or familiar. It's not a comparison you can make. It's not a valid point.

Larsaan

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 3:34 AM 

Player

Almost none of those are intelligent, so obviously they wouldn't make for good PCs. For the rest... why not? Fairy dragons aren't much different from pixies personality-wise.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 9:30 AM 

Player

Quote:
Dragons, Full Undead, and Fey have been deemed to be categorically open for requests by a slim majority. They require requests of the highest caliber and are to be held to rather high standards.

Fey are in the same category as dragons. My personal opinion is both internally consistent and externally consistent with the rules on the server.

Imps, Hellhounds and Pseudodragons are all intelligent, btw. Would not accept them. But you are the one who made the familiar comparison, not me. A creature's availability as afamiliar, summon, or animal companion has literally zero bearing on how suitable it i s as a PC race. you can't have an elf for a familiar, and well.

Larsaan

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 13:13 PM 

Player

Oh, so they can be requested as a PC race. Cool!

Passionate, I'd focus on what you intend to do on Amia with this character if you do get it, and include that in the request. Maybe it has heard about the Triumvir and decided to come here to learn about it for itself, that kind of thing? There's lots of significant places on the island for both bardery and knowledge. Utilize that.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]