View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 22 2016, 17:12 PM 

Player

Soo... I'm not sure how to start this.
First of all, I'm essentially looking for someone who can teach my (currently imaginary) character how to AA.

In a recent request I was stalking, it was said that being an Arcane Archer can only be taught. Then, it was said it was a gift from a divine entitiy (Solonor), which seems a bit weird to me, as he is an ARCANE Archer after all, but whatever.

However, like I said this character does not exist yet. Nonetheless, I have certain plans with him ("he" is a placeholder, gender TBD), with the rest (possibly) decided with the teacher, based on certain homebrew lore requirements of Arcane Archers.

This character would most likely be a follower of the Seldarine, however with a slight leaning towards Shevarash, with a strong hatred of Drow (oh, damn, most elves have that...), "attacking Drow on sight" as far as the rules allow. I'm thinking about him being a Sun Elf, but I am not sure about my skill at RP to make him be as "unemotional" as is normal for a Sun Elf, without making him seem completely empty. As a Sun Elf, he would have a big problem with accepting orders from the "lesser Elves", possibly being interesting with RP with the teacher, however this might also come in the way of his learning. (One thing where it depends slightly on the teacher's player, since I want to have two people have fun, not just one) He is most likely going to be part of the Winyan Elf communtiy, however this depends on his reception there.

He would like to be taught the "basic skills" of an Arcane Archer, pretty much getting me used to what (any, homebrew or otherwise) lore is used for the bonuses they get and getting him to have a reason to use them. So I would be looking for a high level AA, with the player ideally knowing some of the homebrew Amia lore.

Build-wise, 7 Wizard/ 4 Fighter/ 19 AA. Yes, I know Sun Elf Wizard is terrible, dispel will hurt, my spells are almost useless and my AB is worse, but I don't care. And he is Dex-based. So no Dev Crit. Only Mighty +5. Sneak and Detect as skills, but no exact, detailed plans of a build. On the other hand, 6 APR with a nice AB, any high level AA rocks.

Basically, this character would only be built if I find a teacher, and, at least in the starting stages, be mostly RP-on-demand, until decide what to do with him. As for the teacher, I don't have many requirements for him/her, except that he/she doesn't mind my still improvable RP-skill and my shyness. Also, while I sure am interested in this character, I'm not sure how well I as a player would fit in with the Elves on Amia. Therefore, this character might not survive for a long time, eventually drifting off to the chaos of the forgotten characters. Also, my play times vary a bit, depending on how much I feel like doing IRL.

For ease of management, it would probably be best if this id either completely solved with this topic, or, if a PM is sent, it would be nice if you would leave a note in this topic, just so others know there is someone waiting for a response.

Best Regards,
-Robbi320

treasured memories

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 22 2016, 23:16 PM 

Player

Hunt fearlessly

davis114

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 24 2016, 15:24 PM 

Player

There are at least three of us still around that can teach your character Arcane Archery. So don't let that hold you up from making one. Contact Zoltan or me directly if you want to schedule anything. AA's are the shiz.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 24 2016, 17:05 PM 

Player

Thanks. I'm currently trying to get something going with treasured memories, but if that does not pan out, I will contact you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]