View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ] 
Holy_Avenger

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 10 2016, 21:03 PM 

Player

Hey there! Simple as it is, this is shout out to all players - both old and new... I think name of this thread says enough.

I'd gladly start new drow community, no matter if you already have UD drow, or perhaps thinking of making one. I will not say more just -yet- ... First of all I need to know, if there is enough players that are willing to try making new drow community on Amia.

Remember, I am not looking for wanna be 'good-drow Eilistraeens' but for true and only drows. And that means Lolth.

I'd also like to ask only those trully interested, to reply here. No need to spam this. Thank you.

Drakos_Vek

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 10 2016, 23:16 PM 

Player

Holy_Avenger wrote:
Remember, I am not looking for wanna be 'good-drow Eilistraeens' but for true and only drows. And that means Lolth.

What about the subtle/not so subtle heretics?

Let's face it, all the cool drow are heretics.

Derryn de'Drenise - Watcher of Helm - Scolder of witches and wizards

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 4:39 AM 

Player

Right? You've got Ghaundies, Raunies and Kirries. And hell, just drow who are irreligious but are dicks all the same.

There is no more Lolth dominant city or temple to keep them down as before, so there is not much of a terrible incentive for certain characters who resented being under the thumb of priestesses to play ball in building it up again from scratch .

That said, I'm all for a revival of the drow community. But the circumstances are vastly different now. Lolthlites always had the advantage because they had the city.

If you want to rebuild a Lolthlite powerbase, my suggestion is to either a) start a Lolthlite noble house or b) rebuild the Temple as a faction in its own right. Clergy, spider guard, the works. Or maybe call it the Spider Inquisition?

Whatever course you personally decide on. You can count Naltyrr to be on the drow and Underdark scene, in one form or another.

NWN Account Name: KnightProtector

Holy_Avenger

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 8:57 AM 

Player

Thanks Drakos and Genar.

Let us say, that first of all community needs to find out, what could bring a new light to UD. Heretics are awesome, drows are manipulative freaks, so I'd love to have more ideas.

MisterLich

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 22:37 PM 

Player

I'd love to play a heretical Drow actually, since it doesn't necessarily have to grind against my other characters' faction obligations; but I don't know much about Drow deities. Isn't there an undead-focused deity? We could have a group dedicated to producing undead underdark abominations to swarm the surface or something.

Who doesn't want to make an undead beholder to terrorize people with? :D

t o u c h e d

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 12 2016, 22:43 PM 

Player

Given the timing of this post, I'm going to assume it might be a little bit of an anti-dragon/take back drow town movement? Could be wrong!

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2016, 0:58 AM 

Player

MisterLich wrote:
I'd love to play a heretical Drow actually, since it doesn't necessarily have to grind against my other characters' faction obligations; but I don't know much about Drow deities. Isn't there an undead-focused deity? We could have a group dedicated to producing undead underdark abominations to swarm the surface or something.

Kiaransalee. Her shtick is undead and revenge

Guardian

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 13 2016, 20:06 PM 

Player

t o u c h e d wrote:
Given the timing of this post, I'm going to assume it might be a little bit of an anti-dragon/take back drow town movement? Could be wrong!

A good observation. I'm getting the same vibes.

Not that there is anything wrong with it, mind you. Dragons are made for being killed and looted, after all. :mrgreen:

That said, as much as I love Genar (<3) and Dusty, I care not for drows. But that does not mean my characters feel the same way ;)

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2016, 1:47 AM 

Player

This thread is chemo for the cancer triggering amia, please join this cause guys. I would were I not preoccupied DMing on a new server. Please give this concept due consideration, it's proactive and cool.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2016, 1:51 AM 

Player

Genar_Detkasa wrote:
MisterLich wrote:

Kiaransalee. Her shtick is undead and revenge

Or Ghaunadaur, the god of evil, caverns, evil caverns, and slime. Delicious delicious slime.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 14 2016, 5:43 AM 

Player

t o u c h e d wrote:

Good!! FINALLY.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

KairaKitty

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2016, 6:11 AM 

Player

I hope the OP is alright with me posting here despite them not seeking Eilistraeen drow themselves as the thread has become more open towards drow of other faiths.

If anyone wants to make an Eilistraeen drow or has one to return I will log on Miia whenever you're around that I am free to in order to role play with you at the shrine. She's actively working IC to get other drow to come back to the shrine so you can say your drow heard of her efforts if you can't find a good reason ICly for your character to come to Amia's shrine. This goes for any potential converts or just drow of other faith who wanna take advantage of the less active shrine by squatting.
I can give lore advice to any who need it or teach you ICly through Miia on drow and the faith of Eilistraee (or on other faiths, but Miia's IC opinions will shape that info if done in-game).

Alternatively I may be willing to make a new drow or bring back an old one if a "take back the drow honour" movement got started. I was thinking it'd be real easy for some drow outside of Amia to get wind of a settlement that got taken from drow which wouldn't really be stood for in drow pride.

The orphan with bloodshot eyes

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2016, 6:44 AM 

Player

KairaKitty wrote:
I hope the OP is alright with me posting here despite them not seeking Eilistraeen drow themselves as the thread has become more open towards drow of other faiths.

If anyone wants to make an Eilistraeen drow or has one to return I will log on Miia whenever you're around that I am free to in order to role play with you at the shrine. She's actively working IC to get other drow to come back to the shrine so you can say your drow heard of her efforts if you can't find a good reason ICly for your character to come to Amia's shrine. This goes for any potential converts or just drow of other faith who wanna take advantage of the less active shrine by squatting.
I can give lore advice to any who need it or teach you ICly through Miia on drow and the faith of Eilistraee (or on other faiths, but Miia's IC opinions will shape that info if done in-game).

Alternatively I may be willing to make a new drow or bring back an old one if a "take back the drow honour" movement got started. I was thinking it'd be real easy for some drow outside of Amia to get wind of a settlement that got taken from drow which wouldn't really be stood for in drow pride.

I have an Eilistraeen Tiefling/Elf if you want to get something going feel free to PM me.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

oshizo2

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 17 2016, 23:53 PM 

Player

so yeah i read this thread and i don't see any drow about lolth, selvatarm or otherwise. i'm down there looking all i see is dragons, and an orog or two occasionally.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 18 2016, 0:01 AM 

Player

I still do play my Drowess from time to time, though she lurks in L'Obsul. And is a Lolthite!

I know there's another Drow down there from time to time as well that I play with, also a Lolthite. Usually you just log in and people come around when they see Drowsy names.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Holy_Avenger

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 18 2016, 14:17 PM 

Player

oshizo2 wrote:
so yeah i read this thread and i don't see any drow about lolth, selvatarm or otherwise. i'm down there looking all i see is dragons, and an orog or two occasionally.

Hard times for Lolth drows now, but there is always a chance to find out... Somehow. Just poke me IG next month, when I will be again ready for game and we can discuss it somehow! Or just PM me if you want to discuss something, aswell!

Also, I encourage anyone who want to start evil UD drows, to simply PM me if any questions may appear. (Just to make sure no IC informations are presented OOCly)

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 29 2016, 22:17 PM 

Player

Some of you already did. But saying again: if youguys have any initiative or ideas where you need DM help then feel free to hit me up.

Holy_Avenger

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 01 2016, 8:16 AM 

Player

This is still alive! Just poke me whoever wants to know anything about this going ...

Genar_Detkasa

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 03 2016, 1:54 AM 

Player

First, my activity is going to be sporadic and for the next two weeks as I deal with stuff.

But afterwards in the long scheme of things I'll be more around since Thraan'dariv is worth RPing in. If you have a drow or Underdarker interested in doing stuff, then I encourage you to check out the scene there now since its neat.

Sure, dragons run the show, but drow at least are nothing but adaptable and the Stormwind and co. run a fairly inclusive ship in some ways. And really, what makes a better scene for RP than a bunch of disparate groups living on the same island and eyeballing each other? Its kinda like drowtown still, but more scaly.

My drow character is still running the Sorcere there and I plan to do a lot more stuff with it once I get past a few certain deadlines IRL. But if you're playing a drow or Underdarker, you can do interesting things if you play your cards right. There are already a few other drow hanging around there besides Naltyrr, but if you want to touch base with me, as others have done, feel free to send a PM.

Arkun

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 22:31 PM 

Player

I'm poking about with my Lolthite Blackguard. I may be on A, or B. :)

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 22:44 PM 

Player

I can't get inside the Sorcere to screenshot all the RP my character's supposed to have done already. <_<

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Naia

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 31 2016, 3:41 AM 

Player

I'd love to play an actual Lolthite, but I have only ever played on the surface. I've no idea how to get into any RP, play as an UD race on amia (Played plenty of Lolthites elsewhere) or how i'd join this movement but i'm still down regardless!

If any of you UD veterans wanna PM me on the forums or IG I do have some questions pertaining to this stuff. Hope this gets off the ground!

Duskryn

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 09 2017, 14:15 PM 

Player

Well there are several ways to bring back the city, in the old days, we pretty much had a group of players who just started rping and becoming known and doing stuff regularly. That had actually helped jump start the drow community pre Udos Droxun.

To get it going again you would need a solid committed group to do just that.

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

Duskryn

PostPosted: Wed, May 24 2017, 1:37 AM 

Player

Well after my hiatus from Drow land, I am actually making a new drow. Mainly Vhaeraunite, but I am open to any Drow RP ideas and who knows maybe we can take back the city from the dragon bloods.

"And he is your Lord Husband. If there is a difference, please explain it to me...."

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 03 2017, 18:20 PM 

Player

How can some small group of dragon-king take a whole Drow Settlement in the first place and was not the leader banned and the group pretty much raged off to somewhere else? Should be returned to Drow hands oocly or ICly easily I say.

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 03 2017, 18:37 PM 

Player

There is still atleast one DD around who was part of the attackers and still holds leadership in the town. Handling a "transfer" oocly would be very bad form.

If you ask me though, the drow would be better off starting stuff in L'Obsul. There are more ways to interact with others there (it even holds other UD races in a clear view) than on an isolated island, which was always the biggest issue Nec'perya had I heard.

Last edited by T0mc4t89 on Thu, Aug 03 2017, 21:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Duskryn

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 03 2017, 21:26 PM 

Player

I agree, making it an isolated island and you can only get there by portal was a bad idea and it alienated new drow players

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 03 2017, 21:55 PM 

Player

T0mc4t89 wrote:
There is still atleast one DD around who was part of the attackers and still holds leadership in the town. Handling a "transfer" oocly would be very bad form.

If you ask me though, the drow would be better off starting stuff in L'Obsul. There are more ways to interact with others there (it even holds other UD races in a clear view) than on an isolated island, which was always the biggest issue Nec'perya had I heard.

Drow is not a race in my views that want to share with lowly goblinoids. I mean SHARE and not boss over.

One DD is not enough to hold a Drow settlement, why is the Drow not uprising or are you people telling me they all died or fled? Cause then they are rulers of non.

Eltryptich

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 04 2017, 1:26 AM 

Player

Budly wrote:
T0mc4t89 wrote:

Drow is not a race in my views that want to share with lowly goblinoids. I mean SHARE and not boss over.

One DD is not enough to hold a Drow settlement, why is the Drow not uprising or are you people telling me they all died or fled? Cause then they are rulers of non.

Mostly former slaves of various races of NPCs, A trained military unit, and if there are any drow even there anymore I'm sure they're commoner NPCs (can't speak for the DM) and there are allies in one of the former drow houses. I do play the one RDD that still lays claim there and either way you all wish to handle it, just let me know when and I'll be on for any take over attempt. If you wish to do it OOCly it won't bother me either although it'd be more fun the other way even if I'm the only PC being attacked. It's all good.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 04 2017, 5:38 AM 

Player

Honestly though there is no active UD drow community these days which would make Nec'perya great again. Drow RP was already stagnant before the town got conquered and I rarely saw many UD drow online. The current server population is not enough to maintain a good presence unless they are all alts which wouldn't work either.

I simply doubt that giving Nec'Perya back to the UD drow will suddenly revitalize the UD drow rp, cause it wasn't any better back when they had the town. So a solution must be found elsewhere. But as I said earlier, the current server count doesn't encourage that and it would need to be an active group not consisting of alts.

Duskryn wrote:
I agree, making it an isolated island and you can only get there by portal was a bad idea and it alienated new drow players
Exactly.

A new UD drow group would have to make a good plan on what they can and cannot do and where would be a good place to start. L'Obsul has much more avenues and is not restricted to sandbox rping which eventually led to the stagnation of rp for the drow and then only logging in to get their asses kicked by a better led and focused group.

Budly wrote:

Towns consists of more than just adventurers. The current population of Nec'Perya (or Thrand'ariiv) have become used to the new status quo for awhile now. It is not like Bendir is held together simply by the efforts of pcs, there are npcs too.

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 10 2017, 1:03 AM 

Player

Check the UD initiatives thread. If you have a persistent drow group then a lot of stuff is possible.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 10 2017, 6:40 AM 

Player

T0mc4t89 wrote:

Towns consists of more than just adventurers. The current population of Nec'Perya (or Thrand'ariiv) have become used to the new status quo for awhile now. It is not like Bendir is held together simply by the efforts of pcs, there are npcs too.

A PC Faction has enough NPCs to hold a Drow settlement together? Im not buying that.

And clearly as we saw with Ultrinnan and Nec'Perya that PCs do hold it all together since a Drow Settlement, two as a matter of fact, just fell to some invaders or other that somehow kept it together. Invading the underdark is a insane project to even consider as a non Underdark race for many reasons. If you do not have a strong active playerbase you're up for the grab. Kohlingen, Cordor and so on are more keen on surviving since they have bigger playerbases and are important hubs or has lots of history on the server while Ultrinnan was kicked out of A.

Removing the only settlement the Drow held murdered the evil Drow community of Amia.

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 10 2017, 16:08 PM 

Player

(No, I'm not back, this thread just piqued my interest)

There are a few Problems with Drow:

They were stagnant before the DDs took over. Zhere was close to no RP going on, with mostly just occasional groups being cool for a few weeks/months. Yes, there were the longtime players, but many did not log in often, partly due to a lack of DMing, I believe.

The DDs took over, with, I believe, not too many PCs. They would have been outnumbered, had more Drow logged on for the event.

This increased how annoyed people were, added to the fact that Drow lost their town three(?) times before already. Other cities don't usually have that problem. We see current Cordor, with zero active PCs, and it's still standing.

Achuak was banned, and pretty much the same status as people complained about Nec'Perya happened in Thraandariv: PCs that do not log in still have their position, meaning that any new attempts to revitalise it are difficult, because you can't remove someone from their seat without them being there, in many cases.

From here, it's not obvious what you should do OOC. I think the best thing to do is leave it to players. If a Drow group comes up, either from inside Thraandariv, or from Lobsul, or wherever else, it shpuldn't be difficult to take back Thraan as Drow. But just doing it OOC does not seem like the right thing to do, to me. Drow let it be taken from them, and they should take it back themselves. A single PC and a few NPC guards can't be too difficult.

On a sode note, the Thraan problem is exactly the reason my RDD isn't with Thraan. (well, he doesn't like other DDs, but also the OOC problem) If I had started him in Thraan, with all that belongs with it, I'd have focused on UD, with a single other perdon to RP with, and little room tp strive to importance.
But I think that problem should be solved IC, because it can't be too difficult. Have Drow based in Lobsul that want to take Thraan back. And just attack woth a group of maxbe 10 people. It should be possible, especially since I know there ate a few people who play Drow.

I'd say the most important thing to remember is that activity leads to activity. If you have 10 players, the eleventh is so easy to get, just because a lot of people would like to try stuff, but son't want to have to RP alone.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 10 2017, 18:33 PM 

Player

Budly wrote:
A PC Faction has enough NPCs to hold a Drow settlement together? Im not buying that.

And clearly as we saw with Ultrinnan and Nec'Perya that PCs do hold it all together since a Drow Settlement, two as a matter of fact, just fell to some invaders or other that somehow kept it together. Invading the underdark is a insane project to even consider as a non Underdark race for many reasons. If you do not have a strong active playerbase you're up for the grab. Kohlingen, Cordor and so on are more keen on surviving since they have bigger playerbases and are important hubs or has lots of history on the server while Ultrinnan was kicked out of A.

Removing the only settlement the Drow held murdered the evil Drow community of Amia.

You don't need to buy it but its basically how it is now, like how Eltryptich described. Thrandariiv is hardly the same compared to Necperya.

And the DDs invaded together with other allies. It was DM supervised too. And they were successful. They had to fight some pretty insanely buffed drow npc guards (had chaos shields and shit) along with the drow pc group defending. We then had a thread full of flaming right afterwards about the attack so we will just be beating the dead horse even more dead if we start talking about should they have been successful.

And the drow were already stagnant before Nec'perya was even conquered, like I said in my previous post. And robbi's post too.

Drow can start anyway they want, hell they could even be in Thrandaariv working for the new overlord. L'Obsul too. Those are two UD settlements where all sorts of drow can flourish without having to bow to Lolthite priestesses or serve Lolth most of the time.

The flourishing of UD player drow honestly shouldn't depend on owning a city.

That Guy

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 10 2017, 21:19 PM 

Player

Essentially, if folks wanted to have a Drow uprising, they can. It will take more than 1 character to do it though, and will take roleplay. I'm fairly certain that's why it hasn't happened, not enough players to actually do it.

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 10 2017, 22:08 PM 

Player

If the community wanted to kill off another villianous community on server, they sure managed when they removed the only Drow settlement. I would not play a Lolthite Drow who has to share a community with "filthy" lesser races and have "overlord" in a matriarch community and not a mistress. Just my opinion!

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 11 2017, 5:47 AM 

Player

And the drow were already dead/stagnant before their town got invaded like we have written multiple times already. It is kind of a moot point.

And if playing a drow is that rigid in playing with one of its requirements being "WE MUST HAVE OUR OWN TOWN OTHERWISE FUCK IT", then I'm not really surprised that there aren't any active. The server needs players and groups who are able to adapt better.

One of the things which led to Nec'Perya being doomed to invasion is how they didn't have any real alliances up with other UD communities or player groups (Tarkuul?). That and being on a secluded island where most people can't even come rp doomed them to isolated rp. If your group consists of people who dislike automatically other religious groups and races, then you are only putting yourself in a disadvantage against other groups which aren't so rigid. Like the Chromatic Covenant which invaded Nec.

Budly

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 16 2017, 15:49 PM 

Player

I must think it is wrong to say a city is stagnant and dying cause the player community is stagnant and low in numbers. We are not the world, but we are part of the world. The World is there so we can play in it, it is not there to cater to us.

A Drow City is no easy task to invade. If one shows weakness, Im pretty sure some other disgruntled family from a much more powerful settlement might consider moving to this weaker settlement where their powers can easier take control and protect it.

Play Lolth Drow without a settlement? To me that is close to impossible as far as I understand Drow.

Players can adapt but lore things and some races cannot adapt to keep to the gods or godess or faction dogma they have. Convenient alliances exist but they are called convenient for a reason and won't endure.

Ultrinnan should never been destroyed, clearly if Nec'Perya was so isolated. The Drow Settlement Ultrinnan was a minor hub before, not that far off Cordor. Why it was removed is beyond my knowledge but it seems to have been a very stupid move in retrospect. Considering that Nec'Perya did nothing to revitalize the Drow community in the long run but more doomed it once more to die out.

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 18 2017, 23:28 PM 

Player

I found a interesting tidbit on the forums wiki that I have vague memories of.

Ultrinnan and Nec'pya (spelling?) was not the first and second settlement but the second and third settlement of the Lolthite Drows. The first was Udos Dro'xun.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]