View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Whisper

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2016, 20:23 PM 

Player

Hello all.

I am fairly new to the server, and would like to remake a druid I used to play. My only real concern is that on the server I came from, she had a homebrew god. I have no idea what to do for her coming back to a FR setting.

The god she followed was Erular, a member of the elven pantheon. He was a magnificent giant wolf who protected the native elven people. In short he was a god of war, protection, packs, hunting.

My without going into too much back story, my character relates very well to wolves, and has been a part of a pack for the majority of her life. She is also N (true neutral). I can add in more about her if it will help, but the main issue is I have no idea how to play her without the use of her old deity.

Thank you all in advance.

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2016, 20:56 PM 

Player

Easiest way would be to find an Elven God that most closely matches. There's a few for hunting and whatnot, but nothing specific to wolves, except that one is called "The Lone Wolf".

Riley

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2016, 21:12 PM 

Developer

The only closest two as far as the Elven Pantheon goes is Fenmarel Mestarine and Solonor Thelandira.

Fenmarel, also called the "Lone Wolf" deity of the Seldarine, though his title is just that, and isn't really much about wolves but survival on your own, being distrustful of anyone but yourself, and more closely related to Wild Elves, outcasts and isolation.

Solonor though is an Elven deity of hunting, and hunting to keep the balance of nature and destroy evil, and his followers tend to be hunters, rangers and Wood Elves.

There are a lot of other choices out there as well, those are just from the Seldarine. There's also Rillifane, if you are ever looking for a more nature oriented deity for Elves.

Tarnus

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2016, 21:25 PM 

Player

Well, as for elven druidic deities, you've got:
Angharradh
Aerdrie Faenya
Fenmarel Mestarine
Deep Sashelas
Rillifane Ralathil
Solonor Thelandira

Fenmarel is probably the worst choice you could take for your character concept from the few bits you've described. Your best choice is most likely Angharradh.

DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2016, 21:26 PM 

Player

My first suggestion would be Angharradh as well. You get a three in one deal with it anyways! (A trio of Elven godesses represented by one aspect, which is this god)

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Whisper

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 30 2016, 22:03 PM 

Player

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Solonor and Rillifane seem to be my two best options so far. I'm thinking Rillifane since he had spirit animals, including a wolf.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]