View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 16:02 PM 

Player

Hey guys. As is the way of Amia, there's been a lot of "Where's the evil at?" And so I wanted to get the ball rolling with some way of putting some "villains" back in the server.

By no means will this Alternate Beginning be easy, as the group would have no pre-established things on Amia (faction base, for example), and it would be up for this rag-tag group of criminals, low-lifes and thugs to build up their own power.

Ultimately, I'm looking to gather interest for a crime faction akin to the old Black Flag, and while I have a few basic ideas in mind for what we can do in terms of initial plot/goals, I'm curious if 1. this is something you (the reader) are interested in and 2. if you had anything in mind you wanted to contribute!

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 16:58 PM 

Player

Yes! Expect a PM.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:06 PM 

Player

Been brewing a criminal, finalizing build and then I'll be ingame. Let's chat.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:20 PM 

Player

As for cursory thoughts: Cordor is rife with opportunity. Not only is it dead to the server right now, but it's also fertile in it's destroyed state (see: reyes fruition) there's the initial framework set by the west, and it's outside of the treaty of light giving it resistance to getting roflstomped.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:22 PM 

Player

Tell.. Me.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:30 PM 

Player

OpenTheRift wrote:
As for cursory thoughts: Cordor is rife with opportunity. Not only is it dead to the server right now, but it's also fertile in it's destroyed state (see: reyes fruition) there's the initial framework set by the west, and it's outside of the treaty of light giving it resistance to getting roflstomped.

It was in the forefront of my mind to use West Cordor in particular. The issue is, there is already PC investment there (Gentleman's Club) but most of the PCs, if not all, are inactive. I wouldn't want to step on any toes, but whether the toes are there to be stepped on, is another question.

Another discussion is to make the forming of such group natural or forced (do these PCs meet each other to form the group or is the group already established with the PCs already knowing each other?).

when met"

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:39 PM 

Player

Doesn't that make sense? Old hat disappears, young blood moves in - if the old hat wants it land back come get it. Sounds fun to me.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:46 PM 

Player

RPly, I'm pretty sure if the "old hat wants it", they can easily get it.

Dirk built a military, donated Millions and millions and millions of gold. He secured West Cordor to what it is-. So any member of the GC that was apart of it would have more influence than a gang of new pups.

Also, I agree most GC players (former) don't play anymore. Dirk / Rot / Shade were the three main.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:50 PM 

Player

that worked really well for nec'preya.

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:53 PM 

Player

Yeah Lib, the above reasoning would be, as much as I would like to base it in West Cordor (West is the new South), I don't want the aforementioned players coming back to... well, whatever a group of young blood may bring (but it would be fun is a rivalry/alliance occurred!).

But, they have been gone for a long while, so there's that too.

While West Cordor is a good base of ops, there's a lot of unplundered land outside of Cordor too. Hell, criminal activity could involve standard banditry/highwaymen escapades.

when met"

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 17:57 PM 

Player

The three main faces of the Gentlemen Club aren't around anymore. Kenneth / Broldi quit some time ago, Arcane Crusader is still around but Dirk isn't. I'd say if you want to go for West Cordor, do it. There isn't much someone can argue over for it. You just got to get the Criminal NPCs on your side!

I support the idea to do anything evil anyways. :D

MazeOfThorns

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 18:39 PM 

Player

Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Yo! I know a guy... Count me in. I've seen highwayman activities work really well. And petty criminals have a better chance at longevity imo. Lemme know.

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 19:12 PM 

Player

im down.

i vote for west and gentlemens club.

send nudes pm

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 19:14 PM 

Player

Kamina wrote:
Yeah Lib, the above reasoning would be, as much as I would like to base it in West Cordor (West is the new South), I don't want the aforementioned players coming back to... well, whatever a group of young blood may bring (but it would be fun is a rivalry/alliance occurred!).

But, they have been gone for a long while, so there's that too.

While West Cordor is a good base of ops, there's a lot of unplundered land outside of Cordor too. Hell, criminal activity could involve standard banditry/highwaymen escapades.

if they come back and don't fall in line you go and dig a hole

just like they did in real life when ppl got complacent

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 19:16 PM 

Player

also as someone who has tried to get shit built ig on amia before

you are way way way way way better off using existing and unused infrastructure then trying to build something new, because there's no reason to use a 'new' base when there are like a half dozen areas of full content and resources waiting for someone to fill their seat.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 19:26 PM 

Player

I've got a concept in mind that I'll push for DM approval.

The question remains on the nature of which people would want to do this.

There's the "Throw in to the mix" style, much like Amarice's Frozen Hand AB. Essentially, there's a reason all the characters gather and they are introduced via that.

There's also the "Mid-way plot" style, much like Ego's Sailing AB. The characters would be in a situation already with some personal establishment already taking part between them.

Which would people prefer?

when met"

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 19:29 PM 

Player

Kamina wrote:
I've got a concept in mind that I'll push for DM approval.

The question remains on the nature of which people would want to do this.

There's the "Throw in to the mix" style, much like Amarice's Frozen Hand AB. Essentially, there's a reason all the characters gather and they are introduced via that.

There's also the "Mid-way plot" style, much like Ego's Sailing AB. The characters would be in a situation already with some personal establishment already taking part between them.

Which would people prefer?

i've already got a character for west but can't settle down on my own due to ooc faction restrictions. so i'll be using that character.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 21:59 PM 

Player

I can try to work my char into a predestined squad but I've got a lot of the kinks of the char ironed out just the way I want to play it. What sort of intro idea do you have? Maybe we're a bunch of dudes who broke out of jail after working together - that'd be a cool AB that fits the theme. We could do the jail break and escape rp. Heck we could even do a week or so of "hard time"

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 22:28 PM 

Player

I would love some sort of jail-break start, but we would obviously need some DM oversight.

A character I have in mind would need to be requested, but this would be a smoother and more natural start for them, too!

when met"

Gribbo

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 22:30 PM 

Player

I would be interested in this new generation of westboys, not sure what PC I would use yet though

Alaria-

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 07 2017, 0:41 AM 

Player

I am interested too! but I'm a little hesitant. From watching these 'alternate beginnings' from afar they usually don't last very long. I suppose my question is simple; are you looking for a short 'fling' before going back to other characters or are we looking for something long-term?

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 07 2017, 0:45 AM 

Player

Alaria- wrote:
I am interested too! but I'm a little hesitant. From watching these 'alternate beginnings' from afar they usually don't last very long. I suppose my question is simple; are you looking for a short 'fling' before going back to other characters or are we looking for something long-term?

Thank you for asking this. I really don't want to get a character going, and everyone quit that group. It has happen countless times to me, and I've wasted time I won't get back.

I love West Cordor, I played the "Govonor for a Day" there (Read DM Post). I know the lore, and if that is the place.. It'll be cool to RP there again.

Add me on Skype; LibrisMortis_666. Makes it easier for me!

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 07 2017, 0:48 AM 

Player

I'm hoping it's a start to a long term run as an evil faction. I'm in for the long haul at any rate.

Gribbo

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 07 2017, 0:58 AM 

Player

Alaria- wrote:

Honestly I'm looking for a place where I can have some fun RP with out heavy weight of being under constant scrutiny with Bri. So as long as there's people around for me to rp with I'll be there.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 07 2017, 7:22 AM 

Player

Obviously I'm looking for long term investment. It sounds like, currently, if people really want to invest in it too then there will be plenty of PCs being active

when met"

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 07 2017, 15:52 PM 

Player

You should expect a lot to drop out, concepts don't always jive the way ppl want or envision. I for one know I will enjoy and play my PC long term

No_Dice_13

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 08 2017, 1:24 AM 

Player

Count me in playerside, I don't run Cordor DM side and I like this idea and would love to play as an evil character.

Ricket Ashgather - The Hin with Attitude

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 08 2017, 12:56 PM 

Player

Interested! Not sure how good times will work out for me, say that is what happened last time I tried to do something akin to this (OpenTheRift might remember this).

West versus South:
West is in a weird space right now, especially with what DMs are doing, or rather not doing with Cordor. Dirk is in jail and will likely stay that way. Broldi and Kenneth are not around anymore. As far as I know, PassionateShadow was/is trying to do stuff with the Gentleman's Club.
South is still a part of real Cordor. South would likely face more resistance, but will actually prolly have more of a chance to do things. I mean, West kind of is a dead thing now.

It kind of depends on what you plan for the faction, and both would really work. Working from somewhere in south has more opportunities, as far as I can see, since nobody rich or relevant lives in West. Who do you want to take money away from in West, when nobody has money. Also, South/East does not have a bordor, while West/East is divided more extremely. Yes, You mgiht be able to avoid guards when sneaking to East, but they essentially are two different cities from what guards do and everything.
West does not really have a guard, so it is less likely that you would be caught before you are established.

As far as I see it, and I have barely any infos to metagame, South is the harder start, that offers more possibilities, but West starts as a small street gang that would likely be nothing out of the ordinary, and would have to prove that they are strong enough to be noticed by anyone, so easier start, less possibilities.

But that just is my two cents on it.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 08 2017, 13:20 PM 

Player

Gribbo wrote:
Alaria- wrote:

Honestly I'm looking for a place where I can have some fun RP with out heavy weight of being under constant scrutiny with Bri. So as long as there's people around for me to rp with I'll be there.

So. Mistake number 1: posting here.
Mistake 2: Bad Guy's are scrutinized.
Mistake 3: New RP hotness; Cordor Law Knights as a result of new bad guys being in Cordor.
All about this! But don't expect anything to change.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 08 2017, 22:05 PM 

Player

A few of you have PM'd me, just wanted to say I'm not ignoring you! I'm talking with the DM team about maybe organising something to make this really help evil RP, new characters and old alike.

when met"

Lutra

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 10 2017, 6:23 AM 

Player

Sent a PM regarding concept and base of operation with some suggestions.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 11 2017, 22:31 PM 

Player

any updates on DM ABs or are we gonna start going without DM oversight?

Kamina

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 11 2017, 22:58 PM 

Player

OpenTheRift wrote:
any updates on DM ABs or are we gonna start going without DM oversight?

Still waiting to hear a response from my latest queries :)

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 13 2017, 12:53 PM 

Player

Ok ironing out the last things now. If you've already pm'd don't worry about doing it again, but if people interested (ignoring availability for now) please pm me then I can draw rough numbers.

when met"

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 13 2017, 23:37 PM 

Player

Is character race going be a factor or can we use whatever race we have an interest in playing?

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 14 2017, 0:09 AM 

Player

thetangerinetornado wrote:
Is character race going be a factor or can we use whatever race we have an interest in playing?

Any race, it's going to be more alignment (evil) based than race based.

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 15 2017, 21:29 PM 

Player

I have a lot of people who want to do this. I don't think we have a DM willing to do this, so I'd like to propose we definitely go through the community aspect. I'll write up a sample of what the beginning will be like and propose it to you guys, if it's something you think you can join in, then great. If you find it's not the right concept, I'd like to know why, in case it's something I can tweak.

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 16 2017, 13:20 PM 

Player

Alternate  Beginning:  Unbound  and  Unrestrained.

Preface

Aboard a ship originally set sail towards Waterdeep, where you would be executed for crimes placed against you, be it drug-dealing, murder, theft, or maybe you were just framed, you find yourself among desperate and concerned inmates.

A mutiny erupted after one of your inmates escaped, taking control of the ship and releasing you all. While there may be rivalry between yourself and other inmates, you found yourself bound by the same desire to get off this damned boat and be ready to live your life once more. Whether you lived it away from crime, or whether you wanted to get back in to your A-game, was entirely up to you.

On the ship however, a leader figure stood, using this opportunity to recruit for those who wanted to, upon their arrival at land, join them in regaining wealth. You soon realise that all of your possessions are gone, bar your ragged attire. What you do from here on out, is up to you. The ship is coming to land, but there is no port. "BRACE FOR IMPACT!" The ruffian who took control of the wheel shouted, as your boat runs itself ashore on the coastline in between Wharftown and the ruins of Uhm.

What we need:

The only role we need for this AB is that of a Leader. If you think your character would be a good Leader (or hell, even a bad one) then add it to the template below. I personally will not be taking on the role, though I thoroughly encourage anyone who thinks their character can do the role to step forward. I'm all for leaving the RP to be natural, so having more than one Leader might lead to some positive friction.

The Leader will have reign of the group. Because a lot of the inmates were/are criminals, or at least convicted ones, it is up to them to do what they want. Whether they use their posse to create a gang, a crooked merchants or whatever, we'll all go with the flow.

I'd also like to add, if you just want to use the AB to launch your character and not push forward with joining the makeshift faction, you are more than welcome to!

Anyway, if you could please PM me the below template so we can get an idea of what we're bringing to the table, please do so!

Code:
[u]Login:[/u]
[u]Character Name:[/u]
[u]Race:[/u]
[u]Intended Class(es):[/u]

[u]Why were you imprisoned?:[/u]

[u]Would your character take a commanding role, prefer to follow or prefer to work alone?[/u]

[u]What are your play times usually?[/u]

[u]Any other comments?[/u]

I'll start formulating a start date for this as well as give people time if they want to request PCs if they are needed! Open to critique, feedback or suggestions!

when met"

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 17 2017, 0:21 AM 

Player

I am guessing we don't have a pre amia dmable binding story then? I would much prefer the social lubricant of the group playing together before putter elements pop in. I honestly was hoping we would plan and play our prison break icly

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 17 2017, 0:29 AM 

Player

OpenTheRift wrote:
I am guessing we don't have a pre amia dmable binding story then? I would much prefer the social lubricant of the group playing together before putter elements pop in. I honestly was hoping we would plan and play our prison break icly

I've not managed to receive a response, so I'm going to assume at this point no DM wants to/is able to help run a prison break.

when met"

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 17 2017, 0:38 AM 

Player

I think it's a good opportunity for a GST...

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 17 2017, 19:56 PM 

Player

Which DMs did you hit up? I'm not in any rush to push out an idea like this when it can be done better with a DM or storyteller. Given that the AB is unaligned in location it could really be up for grabs to any DM with the desire to help a new group off the ground.

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 17 2017, 20:18 PM 

Player

I've put it forward to all DMs. In no ways is this bitching/bashing, but if no one can/wants to, we can deal with it ourselves without DM aid.

when met"

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 1:58 AM 

Player

The initial rush of people seems to have dropped dramatically.

Was there such a strong desire for it to be DM-led?

when met"

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 2:42 AM 

Player

Player led is fine by me. Let's make something happen!

Gribbo

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 3:04 AM 

Player

Kamina wrote:
The initial rush of people seems to have dropped dramatically.

Was there such a strong desire for it to be DM-led?

My advice as some one who's been leading a evil faction for a while here.

roll up your pc and get in game, start rping and get out there.

Dm support can come later but the biggest thing is to play, give people some one to see online.

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 6:06 AM 

Player

For me, there are three places (and therefore three characters) that suddenly came up and sparked my interest. Since Two already have premade characters, I'm having terrible ptoblems finding something I would play for an extended amount of time. I'm afraid of starting another Mezwar, since I got pretty tilted when I did not manage my goal there. On the other hand, I liked him.

So, my creativity is terribly low, and I'm not sure about when I will have to have decided. If it is a few weeks still, I'll probably be able to think of some way to make an interesting character.

thetangerinetornado

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 12:17 PM 

Player

How many players actually replied? Is this hopeless? I already have my PC in game but was really hoping to be part of an interested and interesting crew rather than a lone villain floating in a tide of goodness, waiting to drown.

Kamina

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 12:25 PM 

Player

thetangerinetornado wrote:
Is this hopeless?

No, but the initial response was at least triple of our current pool of people. I'll give it a couple of more days, then CC everyone in to some PMs to get some stuff going!

when met"

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 20 2017, 12:39 PM 

Player

Ok. I have an idea that might help me at least. Kamina, you asked which type of character they are, leader, follower and loner. Is there a majority or a minority there, where it might be good to have one type of character? I mean, a faction needs a leader, but three leaders don't make a faction. You neead followers as well. Does it have a good balance there? (Mainly asking to get an idea what the group might want/need in order to exist)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next