View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 0:25 AM 

Player

I've noticed a large amount of fire genasi and pyromancer type characters popping up lately, my own Ember Faren included. It's given me an idea.

Would any of you consider helping me to start a fire witch coven? Witches of Izalith style?

For those who don't know, Ember has a special flame she uses to conjure a flaming ray attack. I've been leaning towards the idea of working with a DM to have her learn to split and replicate this flame, allowing her to grant that power to others. Much like a Dark Souls-esque Pyromancy Flame. It could be a neat faction, I think.

Anyone interested?

Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 0:27 AM 

Player

Kilmar would most likely support this, and would most likely want to help you do it rather then request a 'piece' for himself. We should talk ic.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

LibrisMortis_666

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 0:29 AM 

Player

HoJo's help might not be accepted, but he'd help.

Auri: Champion of Bahamut

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 0:31 AM 

Player

LibrisMortis_666 wrote:
HoJo's help might not be accepted, but he'd help.

Island-wide public enemies need not apply, but I appreciate the offer. :p

The Nightsong

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 0:58 AM 

Player

Marina would likely be interested in it, I imagine. Sounds like could have lots of potential.

Naia

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 2:25 AM 

Player

CINDER DALE UNITE

i'm down.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 5:02 AM 

Player

Daughters of Ash.

Or perhaps: The Sisterhood of the Channeling Flame.

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 5:39 AM 

Player

Daughters of Ash has an awesome ring to it, I might steal it.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 6:00 AM 

Player

Go for it!

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 6:01 AM 

Player

Reach for Kossuth's greater glory, I want to see a pillar of fire that lasts decades on Amia when he notices.

This idea sounds so cool. If I had a char I'd throw in!

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 13:53 PM 

Tester

I'm still up for it in as much as my PC might help Ember with something like that. Tried to get something started like this a while back.

viewtopic.php?f=148&t=81809&p=1392742#p1392742

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 24 2017, 20:44 PM 

Player

I would love to build a Majula or Firelink Shrine for this. And it's encouraging to see these responses! I wonder what DM we could wrangle into helping set all this up.

I'd honestly love to do the pyromancy flame bit like a progression system. When you first join (later members will probably have some kind of trial/training first) you're granted your very own flame. That will allow you to use the basic Flame Ray ability. Over time, I'm planning to request additional fire-based abilities and spell-likes for the flame Ember has, and I think it would be neat to be able to pass those on to others who hold the flame as time goes on and they're ready to learn.

Kossuth teaches that ambition is rewarded and those with the drive to succeed will do so. What better way to honor that dogma than by granting increasing power?

I'm excited for this. This could be a great thing.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 0:01 AM 

Player

do we need a dm to get started?

we could just head up to the skull crags by the volcano and get going.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 5:50 AM 

Tester

Unless you wanna chip through miles of obsidian, the volcano is probably not a great location. It blew up recently and glassed tons of area over.

The Delta is nice because it's out of the way from getting caught up in other people's bullshit*cough*Bendir*cough*but still has a cart service to make it easily accessible. The land is already cleared and unused. And the Academy can easily serve a focal point for pyromancers, among other more stylized versions of magic folk. It's Izalith's initiative, but that place would have my vote over any other at the moment.

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:33 AM 

Player

I like the idea of the Delta as well, not only for the proximity to the Academy, but also for the obvious Great Swamp parallel.

We don't need a DM to get started, per se, but we will need one to turn any area into a faction area via toolset editing. My comment was mostly aimed toward getting help further down the line, when we're ready for that. Also, most of the powers I want to request for Ember's flame still have to be requested and approved, but that can be done independently of this as well.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 9:28 AM 

Player

Dark Immolation wrote:
Unless you wanna chip through miles of obsidian, the volcano is probably not a great location. It blew up recently and glassed tons of area over.

The Delta is nice because it's out of the way from getting caught up in other people's bullshit*cough*Bendir*cough*but still has a cart service to make it easily accessible. The land is already cleared and unused. And the Academy can easily serve a focal point for pyromancers, among other more stylized versions of magic folk. It's Izalith's initiative, but that place would have my vote over any other at the moment.

I'm fairly certain someone is already using the academy, best to seek that knowledge IC, as said persons character is also involved in your dirty , little, flame cult. :)

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 15:19 PM 

Tester

thunderbrush wrote:
I'm fairly certain someone is already using the academy, best to seek that knowledge IC, as said persons character is also involved in your dirty , little, flame cult. :)

The academy's upper classroom hosting a lecture every couple of weeks doesn't really constitute it being "used." Especially given that the DM that was going to be in charge of the place left, and there is literally nothing you can currently do at/with the building except use it as a meeting place. It sits empty whenever Commie's PC isn't using it for lectures and meetings, the same way it sat empty any time my PC wasn't using it for lectures and meetings a while back. Unless someone was finally allowed to strike a deal with that Anderfall guy, which I would be a little miffed about, as I still have unanswered correspondence with him.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 16:18 PM 

Player

You guys can do shit in there I don't care, it's not "my" area and it already has a donation box nobody is using so you can contribute to the place. The rules of the academy (eg any research you while there do must be open and available to everyone) is also just some stuff my character said, you can just not do that and then deal with angry Kilmar ic or just force him out ic if you want; like I said it's not "my" place, I just teach there.

Though I do like how the place is open now, I would rather not see a bunch of locked 'faction' doors added as those locked faction doors tend to significantly outlive their factions. A and B are already pretty littered with locked and abandoned faction doors, and if that's what you want I'd rather see one of those put to use.

That's why I mentioned the Skull Crags.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Kamina

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 16:50 PM 

Player

Commie wrote:
. A and B are already pretty littered with locked and abandoned faction doors, and if that's what you want I'd rather see one of those put to use.

A lot of the long dead ones have been repurposed either in to general DM areas (for events) or removed. While a lot of doors remain, most of the areas are gone.

I've always been a fan of faction bases that have public lobbies, even if the rest is locked.

Anyway, not to detract from discussion, already sent my thoughts via PM :)

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 20:54 PM 

Player

I think I'd want to keep faction locks to a minimum in the spirit of teaching. I'd prefer to have a few areas locked for the actual coven to use, of course, but I'd like it to also be a place where fledgling pyromancers can come to learn. Locked doors aren't really inviting for that.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 21:32 PM 

Player

Lost_Izalith wrote:
I think I'd want to keep faction locks to a minimum in the spirit of teaching. I'd prefer to have a few areas locked for the actual coven to use, of course, but I'd like it to also be a place where fledgling pyromancers can come to learn. Locked doors aren't really inviting for that.

Wanna talk ic? I can be around tonight.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 25 2017, 21:42 PM 

Player

Sure thing. I should be online later this evening, after work and dinner and such. Usually around 7-9 pm central.

Lost_Izalith

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 28 2017, 21:39 PM 

Player

Just waiting on a response for my concept approval thread in the Requests forum to move ahead with this.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 29 2017, 15:37 PM 

Player

Pretty new here and this is my first post but... Peraga would be down for that I think, everything for more power! :D

Only problem is my Time Zone, as I'm from germany :/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]