View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PhantomDream

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 09 2017, 20:20 PM 

Player

Hey folks!

I’ve been reading through the forums, and I’ve found a lot of disheartening posts from veteran players saying they don’t know where to go anymore, in regards to their RP on Amia. I think hitting a stagnant pause in RP is normal, especially if your PC has been here for years; even many months. Some of you think you don’t have enough time, or energy, to put into a new PC. However, I think that bringing up an idea like this will soften, hopefully, some of you to the idea of starting a new PC and letting new RP activity stimulate your gaming experience.

Proposal:  I’m proposing the idea of a rag-tag group of adventurers; all new to the island of Amia. I’m thinking about six to ten people, and these people are all on one unloading boat from the mainland. Therefore, background stories and all character aspects are up to the player. Just a reminder, these individuals should be able to run together (hopefully) for awhile; so I was thinking trying to keep it close to neutral-aligned, if possible. Of course, that can change over time! I think neutral is just a great starting grounds. Of course, you could have your trickeries in there too.

Things to Consider:  For this group, I thought about how to make the gaming experience more unique. So, with that in mind, I was thinking that this group should have OOC chat and PARTY chat disabled while RP is in progress. I understand that AFK/BRBs are inevitable, which is fine, but over-chatting in the PARTY/OOC can take away from emersion. I also would like to point out that this group, hopefully, will be able to get together late EST times for playing. I’m usually available after 8:00pm EST, so if we could set one or two days a week just for this, and then play our other PCs during the downtime. I think playing this group together would be a great break from our old PCs that we fall into the most.   (Also--if someone wants to run a group similiar in a different time period, that’s awesome too! Please feel free to use this idea as a scaffolding for your own! I was just hoping to find a group that would be willing to play in my time period as well.)

Other Things I’ve Considered:  I thought about the idea of alternative logins, mostly because it would alienate problems from OOC that can roll into RP. However, knowing that some people have unique ways of style when it comes to RP, and some are just really easy to spot, I don’t know if this is a good idea or not. I also thought that, while some of us are awesome at powerbuilding, we give the reigns more over to THE STORY. For example, you start off a rogue, but potentially could learn archery from someone--etc. Leads you down the road of Ranger, and then something else happens, etc. I think having a party that has builds based off RP growth is important, moreso that it keeps the group well balanced. Obviously, I can’t tell you how to build your PC--but it was just an idea.  

Lastly, try to think outside your comfort zone with this group. For example, I NEVER play mages but I think in a group like this, where everyone is kinda stepping out of their comfort zone and exploring, I’d be more willing to do so. I think that’ll lessen the fear of doing it wrong.

So, with all of that laid on the table, please post your opinions and thoughts here. I’d like to keep this group balanced, so if you’re interested in making a PC to join this group, please let me know! Feel free to inbox me or just post here. As soon as we get about six or more people interested, we will figure out our meeting times, and we will.. Hopefully go from there!

Cratz

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 09 2017, 22:04 PM 

Player

I'd be down for this.

PhantomDream

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 11 2017, 18:43 PM 

Player

CratzBlade113 wrote:
I'd be down for this.

That’s great, hun! If you have an idea for a character, just let me know and we will go from there. Once we get a few more folks, even if just 1-2 more, we will try to schedule days and times then.

PhantomDream

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 13 2017, 22:56 PM 

Player

Giving this a two day bump.

We currently have three folks, and we need just a couple more!
If anyone would like to join, we could use some frontline PCs!

PhantomDream

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 20 2017, 11:49 AM 

Player

One last bump for any last minute additions!!

Mask and Riddle

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 20 2017, 20:19 PM 

Player

I'd be interested, but my schedule is so wonky that I couldn't say that I could commit to a time. It's too bad, this is just the type of thing I would love.

PhantomDream

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 21 2017, 1:18 AM 

Player

Mask and Riddle wrote:
I'd be interested, but my schedule is so wonky that I couldn't say that I could commit to a time. It's too bad, this is just the type of thing I would love.

Shoot me a PM with some ideas, hun. We're looking at just once or twice a week for this, so if you think you can do that just let me know. The days and times can always be scheduled accordingly. =]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]