View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 15 2017, 21:23 PM 

Player

So trying to get in the spirit, i have over the years always wanted to make a Halloween themed Toon. I'm not really sure if i should go Mage, Wizard or cleric. I wanted to have Undead Skelly's as her Familiar and Mummy Dust reskins. Thinking Skelly Warrior and Chieftain Skelly. I'm debating on Spell focuses. I have in mind, Necro, Illusion, and Conjuration. Was wondering can i get a VFX widget to simulate Fear flaming dancing Skulls on my Toons? Would that be possible on a Widget or some such? I see this Toon as more Whimsical and light hearted than an True Evil witch. Spooky, Creepy, Troublemaker. But would be considered a pest who is annoying, but not conceived as a major threat to any one.

I have never Rp'ed a Hin, nor really any kind of caster before, so this will be new territory for me. I think i need to branch out from my Norm. I would need a lot of Build help. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, they would be most welcome. I hope to eventually get Bottled companions in the later future, Black cat, bat, and a Raven. Oh by the way, can i RP she fly's around on a broom? I see her decked out in Pure black and orange, perhaps some white thrown in. So whats your ideas and thought's on this Toon Idea folks?

Toon Name Idea, Salem Stormcauldron. I would love to hear if there are any other cool ideas that folks would think would make this Toon more Halloween themed but can fit in lore cannon wise! Not looking for some super Power build, but would be decent wise. This is more Rp Focused im looking for :) Still deciding on a backstory to her life, input would be thankful.

robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:27 AM 

Player

Personally, I'd skip Epic Spell Focus Conj, simply because with Mummy Dust and Necro Focus, you won't really need it. On the other hand, I think IC, personally, just based on how Hins... hin, it seems a bit weird for them to focus on the 'create Undead' part of Necromancy. So, IC, it might be cooler (if you could get that past the DM team) to have both the Undead familiar (or any other, on DM discretion) to be an Illusion, and focus more on Illusion, simply because unlike creating undead, making an Illusion of an undead isn't evil. In general, Illsuion seems like the most realistic way to go for a hin, necro seems more for evil humans, or orcs or stuff. (Not that it can't happen, if you want to go for it, it just doesn't seem too hin-y to me, personal opinion and all that) Now, I don't know how good the Shades summon is, so I don't know about how much you'll need another summon, like from Mummy Dust. It also seems like you could pretty easily also go 24Wiz or Sorc and 6 SD, especially with Illusion.

Of course, it you'd want them to actually look non-shadowy, you might have to go Necro. If you go for either of those, lots of builds in the build forums are pretty decent for which feats are good, though Casters tend to be pretty good all the time, as long as you don't expect to go toe to toe against stuff in melee. And that goes for Spell Focuses pretty similar as well. I -think- (read this up just to be sure) all focuses are pretty decent, except for Transmutation. But yeah, in my experience, (from playing an autoquicken caster, who had like 40 AC in Fire Giants) as long as you don't mind sitting afk invis behind your summons, you're decent. Combined with spells like Grease and Evards spam, Casters are pretty strong, even without insane min-maxing.

I'm pretty sure you can request the flaming skulls from fear on a vfx widget, pretty much all VFX that last a while are possible, and will last.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]