View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
VashO_o

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 16:46 PM 

Player

i need links or info on how to make this game run again.... it wont even start on my pc i recall issues and such anyone have these links handy?

VashO_o

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 16:48 PM 

Player

im windows eight btw.... =D

checked in dl section i may be blind but i didnt see it i recall it being somewhere linked on the site please help me so i can go back to enjoying the community that i sometimes despise =D

also googled this talk about chasing your own tail sheesh...

Silkelock

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 17:02 PM 

Player

For Win 8.1 I run it compatability mode Win Xp SP2, Disable display scaling and run as admin. Works for me.

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

wolfurt

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 17:05 PM 

Player

Wow, dude.

Welcome back.

(Unfortunately I don't have windows 8, so I dunno!)

VashO_o

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 17:12 PM 

Player

did u install it in compatibility mode? i only see an option to run as admin in drop down rc menu on the icon. im not the most tech savvy dude in the world so yeah...

is there also an issue with the patcher? keeps erroring and aborting the attempt to update lol i know the troubles are worth it but dizzam

and ty wolf =] good to see some old faces.

okay i read and googled the compatibility thing which one do u run it on if i recsall it ran fine on XP but i really dont remember years later...

VashO_o

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 17:32 PM 

Player

ight well i set it to your specs and it still wont go past the initial nw eye screen without giving me the error.... and i still cantr get the update to run dno if those two are related. this makes me shed a tear for all the hin folk out there.

VashO_o

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 17:58 PM 

Player

sweet it actually stats! how do i get around this whole game spy thing now tho =\ it gives me the try a new nick thing but i cant click a damn thing sorta at a loss.

Silkelock

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 18:00 PM 

Player

Gamespy dropped the official servers some time ago. So autoupdate wont work to begin with :)

Right click the game icon and check the compatability tab for the options for it.

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

VashO_o

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 18:38 PM 

Player

hah thank you for taking your time to get that for me bro, however i got it to successfully run, you gave me the info i needed i was able to youtube the way to do it.

im currently combating the whole ip thing i believe that auto boots you on log if you do not have the registered ip or what have you i think i needs me a dm.

VashO_o

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 17 2014, 18:39 PM 

Player

as for the patch I THINK i got the right one 1.69 patch i think its the most up to date one right now either that or i need one more maybe that was just for the critical rebuild since im using a diamond edition.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]