View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
LetumLux

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 9:19 AM 

Player

I'd like to try to help troubleshoot this issue by asking people who have had items go missing from their inventory to list additions to standard NWN they have going on that could possibly be causing conflicts, and see if there is any commonality between them.

I figure we start with Haks and Overrides, which are found in the folders of the same name in your NWN directory, since those were mentioned. You don't have to list every single override file; the batch it comes from (like the Amia hands, or whatever) is sufficient for this, I think.

But please list something like:

Haks:
    Amia_v3b_a
    Amia_olderversions
    Tilesetawesomeness
    Specialmusicwhatever
    Sinfar_youslydog

Overrides:
    Nameofvoicesetbundle
    Nameofspecialwhatever

If anyone can think of any files that might have some influence in causing this issue, or has heard about this on other servers, please mention it and help us track down the source.

Guardian

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 10:35 AM 

Player

Probably a pointless hint, but I have too lost a few items due a very basic boo boo caused by myself.

We all know that on Amia almost every build (I dare say 99%) is working with UMD. UMD is often pretty much affected by +UMD on items and charisma modificator. Every time I have lost an item it was due to fact that I was using extra charisma mods (pots + ioun) and logged with full inventory (I know, laugh all you want :mrgreen: )

Next time I logged, the equiped item that went outside my standard UMD count was dropped in my inventory, and since it was full, the item vanished. It happened to me on a previous server as well. It's one of my "classic" moments.

Makes me cry and laugh in the same time. Like :lol: :cry: ... :roll:

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

LetumLux

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 10:38 AM 

Player

I've done that one before a few times, myself. :oops: For this issue, I'll go ahead and assume that the poor saps in question didn't have full inventories at the time, since that one is fairly easily fixed. Haha.

Kudark

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 16:31 PM 

Player

The item (Greater Cloak of Sanctuary) that disappeared from my inventory was in a bag of holding, and there were open spaces for items. It just wasn't there one day.

Haks:

Amia v2 a, b, c
Amia v3 a, b, c
Amia v3b a, b, c, d
Amia v3c top
cep 2 (buncha stuff)
kmvo
ww1vo

Overrides:

Head/hand Package (pfo, pmo)
ls_car (mostly images)

Rigela

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 16:33 PM 

Player

As a note, I have years and a dozen old servers worth of overrides/haks and whatever ones from various modules I've been too lazy to get rid of and not suffered item loss for what its worth (or isn't)

Glim

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 16:35 PM 

Player

The only haks that should be in your hak folder while playing Amia, are the Amia haks. I cannot stress this enough.

If you play on different servers, that's fine, make a duplicate hak folder with your other server haks and call it "(server name) hak" instead, and just switch/rename them when you switch servers if you want.

But there should be nothing in your hak folder aside from the amia haks. Same with your tlk folder and your override folder.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 20:32 PM 

Player

Glim, would having older versions of the Amia haks in the main hak folder also potentially cause conflicts?

Glim

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 20:55 PM 

Player

Less likely.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 24 2014, 21:06 PM 

Player

Questions for people who have lost items for no apparent reason out of their not-full inventories:

Were any of these items recently acquired, or had you had them for a while? All yes, all no, yes for some, no for others?
    Was the server you were on acting laggy or unstable at the time?
    Had you recently switched servers?

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 0:08 AM 

Player

My item was stored away in the bag of holding, unused. Had it for a couple years before it disappeared. No server switch, no noticeable lag.

Glim

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 17:43 PM 

Player

Quote:
Fixed a couple of problems that could make your inventory items disappear when opening your inventory. One was related to having a placeable container open and then bringing up other panels (e.g. your spell book) that caused your inventory panel to close. The second involved possessing/unpossessing a familiar while your inventory was open. Hopefully that's the last of the disappearing inventory problems.

That is from patch 1.64 which makes me wonder, are those who've reported this issue, using original versions of the game (what version number if so?) or versions purchased through GoG (which may have issues of its own)?

I've hunted very thoroughly through every script involving the removal of anything (items, placeables, creatures, etc.) and there's nothing that indicates to this issue.

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 18:00 PM 

Player

Using original, store bought, NWN and CD Key.

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 19:11 PM 

Player

Same here...I have my elemental protection buckler disappeared from the bag of holding, which is odd because my character doesn't use it at all. It was there the first time I logged in after I came back from my 6 months long absence and updated the hak folder with the 5.0 material.

I have original store-bought NWN platinum DVDs, and I only use Amia haks and related overrides.

Murex

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 19:51 PM 

Player

Would having beyond 500 items have something to do with this problem?

corypx

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 25 2014, 20:02 PM 

Player

Murex wrote:
Would having beyond 500 items have something to do with this problem?

I don't think so, I have been near 700 items for along time and I don't think I have ever has a item disappear without having a clue why.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]