View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
LetumLux

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 02 2014, 5:21 AM 

Player

Placeholder! Going to be compiling useful information here.

Index

FAQ - If you have a problem, look here!

Direct Connecting
    GOG Multiplayer CDKEY
    Getting your CDKEY authorized
    Sharing the same Computer
    Sharing the same IP or Port
    Compatibility Mode
    File Conflicts
    Chat Logging
    Screenshots

Feel free to make suggestions and add links to the various helpful stuff scattered around the forums here. I will move all these posts out once they are added in, so don't be alarmed when they vanish.

Aquilla

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 03 2014, 10:29 AM 

Player

Acquiring a multiplayer CD Key:

So you got online, but when you try to enter the game, you receive a message saying you have to contact someone in order to get an online CD-key. This is because when you purchase your game from GOG.com, they don't automatically provide you with a multiplayer CD Key - but it's an easy enough fix.

You'll need to be logged into your GOG account for the following. You'll also want to close out any instances of NWN.

Visit this contact form and choose "Multiplayer Key Request" as your problem type from the dropdown list.

Your name and e-mail address should autopopulate - you'll just have to choose your operating system, again from a dropdown list, and jot down a quick note requesting your online CD-key in the message.

I had mine within minutes.

There's a couple things you have to do to get the new CD key into play.

GOG e-mails you a new nwncdkey.ini file - just drop it into your main directory and replace the old one.

Now, you'll need to update the premium content so that it registers the new CD keys. Doing so requires a file from GOG that you may or may not have already downloaded - nvn_KingmakerSetup.exe. If you don't already have it, you can get it from your bonus content, which you can access by visiting Account, Library and then selecting Neverwinter Nights. The download link is called "premium modules reinstaller".

Run Kingmaker and follow the onscreen prompts.

You're all set - just log back in to Amia!

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:40 AM 

Player

Please add frequently asked questions that you notice - and their answers also, if you know where they are!

Liz

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 19 2015, 2:49 AM 

Player

A question which I'm not sure is "frequently asked," but definitely one that I've wondered about frequently. :)

What is the "NWN Client Extender," why do I want it, where do I get it, and how do I install it?

LetumLux

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 19 2015, 3:02 AM 

Player

Unrelated to Liz's question (sorry :E ), but putting there here so it doesn't get lost again.

Lascer wrote:
I think we need the 'official' ACP link updated. There are a couple floating around, and the official one (linked in optional downloads) doesn't work with the newest robes. People all using different versions is going to lead to no end of confusion, at the least.

The official link: http://www.amiaworld.net/files/acp_17_10_2010.7z

ACP link Eurgiga posted with their robe pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?g1jp3s33thq3h2y
(10/16/2010, 2.97 mb)

ACP link Selvec did that seemed to have gotten overlooked: http://www.mediafire.com/?66bwv1u3vj4z9b4
(10/18/2011, 8.62 mb)

That last one is the one I think I use, and everything works. I'm not sure where the one Eurgiga posted came from, but I'm sure they tested it to work. I think maybe it's just the fix for the officially posted ACP.

PaladinOfSune

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 20 2015, 16:56 PM 

Player

Liz wrote:
A question which I'm not sure is "frequently asked," but definitely one that I've wondered about frequently. :)

What is the "NWN Client Extender," why do I want it, where do I get it, and how do I install it?

NWN Client Extender

Relevant additions to players for Amia:

• Removes the long wait for the (non-functional) Master Server to time out
    • Unlocks the game's camera angle limitation (so you can do things like look straight up to see more of the game)
    • Restores multiplayer server listing in-game (using data from Skywing's replacement listing server)

To use, copy the contents of the download into where your nwmain.exe file is. Then, instead of launching NWN with nwmain.exe, you use NWNCX_Loader.exe.

It's honestly not that useful for Amia, though getting rid of the Master Server timeout is convenient.

Moogle

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 08 2015, 12:34 PM 

Player

Increasing your Max Memory UsageIn your nwnplayer.ini settings add the line "Max Memory Usage=32" (or 64 if you have a high end system) under [Game Options] without quotations. This will make it so high polygon placeables or creatures won't eat up your memory cache all at once, thereby reducing the amount of graphics lag you may experience.

Tested on my own machine. It works. *thumbs up*

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 11:28 AM 

Player

NWN has heavy fps lag on my Windows 10 Quad Core setup whenever there is activity on screen.

Go to Options -> Sound Options -> Advanced Sound Options

Choose the Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio.

Should make the game work smoothly.

Had nothing to do with whatever setup I had in Video Options or all the stuff written in nwnplayer.ini. Max Graphic-settings work now too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]