View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Netninja543

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 08 2015, 2:24 AM 

Player

So for the past few weeks, I have been having issues where I will either not be able to log into A, or not be able to log into B. I have tried forwarding the ports, and have never had this issue happen before. anyone have any clue how to fix it? rebooting pc, and rebooting nwn don't seem to have any tangible effect in reguards to this issue.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 08 2015, 3:20 AM 

Player

Have you tried Direct Connect to the IP addresses?

If so, what message do you get after a while? (Server Time out, not responding, etc)

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Netninja543

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 11 2015, 7:31 AM 

Player

Typically I'll get a server response timed out message, typically when i try porting over to the server that currently isn't liking me from the other one. * subnote: when i attempt to direct connect to b, it gives me the server connection failed (timed out) message

Xenos

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2015, 8:14 AM 

Player

Happens on both 5121 and 5122. But if i go into the Join Internet Game (was using the Join Lan Game) i still have the same issue, but luckily i can see Amia on my list of servers and join it the old fashion way. Oddly, Join Internet Game does not take 2 minutes to figure out there is no server anymore to connect to.

No, i have altered nothing on my end to bypass said anoying 2 minute timer. Not a big deal over all as i can get around this issue, but i wonder if its something someone might want to know about!

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

linlan

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2015, 10:51 AM 

Player

It looks like Glim had a similar issue 3 years ago?
http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtop ... =2&t=62968

Edit: the strange thing is that this message reads as if it were a DNS issue, yet you entered the IP address...
Could be a firewall issue.

Metzlitemoctzin - Payit slave, now freed from Silent's sadostyle of plotting !

Terallis

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2015, 16:39 PM 

Player

Honestly, I get this same issue on occassion. The way it fixes itself is just by simply closing the game for a moment and starting it back up. That's how it works for me, at least.

Netninja543

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 19 2015, 6:20 AM 

Player

I've found a fix, though it's fairly annoying: I ended up unplugging my direct ethernet connection to my router, and instead using my usb wireless adapter. I get a slower internet connection, but can connect freely to both servers now.

(edit) I realize this is more of a workaround than a fix, and if we happen to find a more permanent solution, I would be thrilled to try it out. :)

Buppi

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 21 2015, 15:36 PM 

Player

You can solve this by adding some ports for Nwn into your firewall inside your routher wich you can acces by typing your Ip addreas into the "www" field.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]