View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
aurelius311

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2015, 2:03 AM 

Player

So, I bought a new computer and the first thing I figured I would do is load up NWN and see if I could have some fun on Amia again. Unfortunately, I am technologically stupid, and didn't count on things like windows 8, and bioware no longer supporting patching?

I am begging for some help. I had psyched myself up so much to play again and this is such a let down. Does anyone have any guidance? I looked around online and several people seem to suggest setting some (nwnmain, nwloader, and nwserver) files to run with windows xp service pack 3. This is done through a compatibility tab when you right click on the files and select Properties.

However the nwnmain file doesnt seem to allow that option. Whenever I try and load the game I basically get nowhere, and windows gives me a message saying the program has compatibility issues. This is all on top of the fact that apparently I need to sell my soul to the devil to get the right patch installed?

Can anyone please, please, help me out? I am just not savvy enough to figure this out, and the tragedy of not being able to dip my toes back in the magical waters after so long of missing it is too sucky to think about.

[Kegs] Angry Dwarf
[Akly] Angry Halfling

CautiousDread

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 05 2015, 11:39 AM 

Player

Hey there,

A couple of things first just for our information point of view.
- Spec of the Machine
- Windows 8 or is it Windows 8.1?
- Is it just compatibility mode you've tried?

After getting a bigger picture what I'll post a couple of things I had to do and give you a simple step by step :)

In regards to the patch, don't need to sell your soul... I'll take your firstborn child
http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Sprite by Raua

aurelius311

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 06 2015, 1:56 AM 

Player

CautiousDread wrote:
Hey there,

A couple of things first just for our information point of view.
- Spec of the Machine
- Windows 8 or is it Windows 8.1?
- Is it just compatibility mode you've tried?

After getting a bigger picture what I'll post a couple of things I had to do and give you a simple step by step :)

In regards to the patch, don't need to sell your soul... I'll take your firstborn child
http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

So, I had to google these to figure out what you are asking, but I think I got it.

Specs - Intel i7-4510 @2GH 2.6Ghz, 8GB Ram, and it has an NVIDIA card of some sort (it's a lenovo laptop)
Windows 8.1
Yes, that is all I tried, other than begging God. Who i dont think cares about video games.

Although as i have been writing this reply, I also installed that patch you linked and it seems to be working! Huzzah! You sir, are amazing. PM me your paypal account please :)

Now, next issue. Is there a way I can get my old bioware login info..? Or is there some other way to connect to Amia now? And if so, how do I get my old guys back?

[Kegs] Angry Dwarf
[Akly] Angry Halfling

aurelius311

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 06 2015, 2:31 AM 

Player

Holy crap, I got it working. I managed to remember both my user name and password. Im a genius! Thanks so much for looking at this guys! I am so freaking excited!!!

Now, where the heck is everyone...?

[Kegs] Angry Dwarf
[Akly] Angry Halfling

CautiousDread

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 06 2015, 8:41 AM 

Player

Hey there,

Glad it worked fine for you.

Basically you just need to remember your username as there are no Bioware servers anymore so it doesn't' check your password.
Amia does grant security though by it checking your CD key but it seems like you've got the same one as before.

Happy Playing!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Sprite by Raua

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]