View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
zulmus

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 08 2015, 17:05 PM 

Player

I am experiencing multiple graphics issues.

I can not see the building by the teleport lamp outside of Winya or the building of Kampo's.

I do not see a floor in the energy plane area of darkhold or the ice giant caves in Brog.

I can not load the underdark areas at all.

My graphic drivers are up to date. I still use the Platinum CD version to load the game but I have updated to 1.69.

If anyone could give me some advice on fixing these issues it would be greatly appreciated.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 08 2015, 17:08 PM 

Player

You could try emptying (keeping a copy somewhere) your override folder and see if the problems persist.
As far as I understand it, graphic issues are often overrides fighting each other/

CautiousDread

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 09 2015, 8:28 AM 

Player

Also are you using Nwshader?
Since that sometimes causes issues with the Graphics of Tileset if they're not corrected configured.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Sprite by Raua

zulmus

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 09 2015, 23:29 PM 

Player

The override folder didn't fix it and i'm not using any kind of shader that I am aware of.

CautiousDread

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2015, 10:51 AM 

Player

Then it becomes a bit trickier.

-Does it crash when you enter the underdark areas?
-When you open up Toolset, can you open up the Underdark Tileset and see everything fine?
-What is your GFX Card?
-Is this a recent issue or something that started from the beginning?
-Is it in compatibility mode?
-What's your Ingame Video Options set to at this moment? (Advanced included please)

Hopefully this'll give the information that'll make it obvious what's wrong :)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Sprite by Raua

zulmus

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2015, 22:34 PM 

Player

I've only tried to enter the underdark areas twice via someone elses portal wand. Each time the game has locked up in the last 1/8 of the loading bar. Each time I try to enter the B server until a reset it crashes at that point.

I am not overly familiar with the toolset. The modules I can see I can access. I dont see the game modules listed there just some extras.

I am currently using a Gforce GTX 560 TI.

I have experienced these issues since I started on Amia. I did not attempt to go to the underdark until recently. The issue with the floor in the energy plane area of darkhold I experienced early. I can wander around in there following people if they are close or try to navigate using the Minimap. I can see things some things like they are extremely far below me and I can see creatures that approach close enough normally. I can not use any area targeting spells or summon a creature because it doesn't recognize a floor.

I still run windows 7 and it puts me in windows 7 basic color scheme when I launch the game. I have been running the game in compatability mode. I have tried XP Service pack 2 and 3 and the windows 98/ME and I have seen no real noticable difference.

I currently run resolution at 1280 x 768 60hz. Overall Graphics quality I run at Best, Texture quality max. Enabled sky boxes checked, Enabled environmental shadows checked, Creature shadow detail at full, Gama slider in the mid range. For the advanced video options: Every bar is on max except antiliasing which is on minimum. I have the first 3 boxes checked ( texture animations,enviro mapping, high quality graphics) and the last three boxes unchecked (shiny water, vsync, high res font)

Thank you for reading through that mess and trying to help me.

zulmus

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 10 2015, 23:25 PM 

Player

Debating if I should spend $10 and get a fresh download of diamond from GOG. Do you think that might help anything?

CautiousDread

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 11 2015, 8:51 AM 

Player

Looking at it I would reckon we could go down a number of paths to see what the actual problem is.

From the looks of it my first guess would be the tileset textures are not just installed correctly, which would be why you can't click on the ground with AoE. As well as it's quite frankly, a very odd issue.

So i'd try these things just to see if it can be solved that way.

- See if you can find tileset overrides, think we have a couple on our forum but any from the new nwnvault would do (Specifically get the ones that cover the Underdark)
- Delete the Amia Haks and redownload/install them since if memory serves, we use some custom Tilesets.
- Reinstall NWN with the disk
- Sob..

Hope it helps

Edit: Think getting it from GoG would certainly help, but being the person I am i like knowing what the answer to a problem is :)

Sprite by Raua

zulmus

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 12 2015, 22:05 PM 

Player

I've gone the get diamond from GOG route. Now to find a DMIG to fix my key issue...

CautiousDread

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 13 2015, 15:18 PM 

Player

Okaidokie, well glad that's all sorted now.. In a way :P

Sprite by Raua

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]