View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Kenneth

PostPosted: Sun, May 24 2015, 19:31 PM 

Player

Reinstalling NWN. Updated to 1.69. Reinstalled haks. But when trying to log in, it tells me I'm missing a handful of hak files and boots me. The list doesn't stay up long, but I recall one of the files was something like amia_v3b_rest.hak. All the others were 3b stuff, too. There aren't any 3b left in the hak updates that I can see. Any idea what's going on?

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sun, May 24 2015, 19:37 PM 

Player

There was a recent hak update, and I don't think the sidebar is updated yet :3

Here!

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Kenneth

PostPosted: Sun, May 24 2015, 19:51 PM 

Player

OK, that worked... sort of. It got me past the missing hak file message and immediate boot. It now tries to load me into the starting area, but boots me right as I would be loading onto the screen.

Kenneth

PostPosted: Sun, May 24 2015, 20:11 PM 

Player

Maybe a DM has to reauthorize the account with whatever password/authentication system the server uses? It's the same computer, same IP, same everything... I just had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall.

Kenneth

PostPosted: Mon, May 25 2015, 7:20 AM 

Player

Any DMs know what needs to be done to have the account work again? It won't let me make new chars, or log in the old ones.

Manarethan

PostPosted: Mon, May 25 2015, 7:28 AM 

Player

Are you using different CD-keys to the ones you previously used? If so, you'll need us to re-authorize you. Create a new character on the account, log onto the server with it when a DM is online and stay in the entry. We can re-authorize you from there.

Kenneth

PostPosted: Mon, May 25 2015, 7:45 AM 

Player

Manarethan wrote:
Are you using different CD-keys to the ones you previously used? If so, you'll need us to re-authorize you. Create a new character on the account, log onto the server with it when a DM is online and stay in the entry. We can re-authorize you from there.

It's the same CD I used to install it last time, so same CD keys. Last time I tried to make a new character, it booted me before it loaded me... but I tried it again just now, and it worked. So, I'll just wait until there are a lot of folks (and hopefully a DM) on and then try it again!

Kenneth

PostPosted: Mon, May 25 2015, 18:46 PM 

Player

This is a post to let the Badger know it's really me. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]