View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Jolena Ogden

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 08 2015, 20:49 PM 

Player

For some reason, I am only able to log in to the forum from my phone. Even when I log out from the phone, if I try to log in from a PC the forum will accept my password but within seconds refresh the window to show me logged out again at the top right, but still among the registered users online at the bottom of the window.

This just started over the past two days, but before that I could log in fine. A few times last week were from a different place than normal, so I wonder if that's contributing to the problem.

Is that something that can be fixed?

~Nim Elen Laurina Taure~

Few know the light as one who has come through the dark ...

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 08 2015, 21:16 PM 

Player

Try going to the bottom of the index (main) forum page and click 'Delete all board cookies'. Might work.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Jolena Ogden

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 08 2015, 21:34 PM 

Player

Naivatkal wrote:
Try going to the bottom of the index (main) forum page and click 'Delete all board cookies'. Might work.

Thank you. I tried this on all machines and closed all browser windows, then reopened just one to try logging in. The same problem still happens: my password is accepted, but a refreshed window shows me logged out again within seconds, though the list of registered users online shows me as logged into the forum for at least several minutes more.

~Nim Elen Laurina Taure~

davis114

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 09 2015, 20:42 PM 

Player

Have you checked the box to keep you logged in at the login screen?

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Yin

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 09 2015, 20:54 PM 

Player

Well, at least you don't get "permanently banned" messages for no reason regularly. It almost gave me heart attack when happened first time.

Jolena Ogden

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 10 2015, 5:43 AM 

Player

davis114 wrote:
Have you checked the box to keep you logged in at the login screen?

Yes, I've tried both checked and not, as well as deleting board cookies on every device and browsing history on my phone, which remains the only way I can log on. :(

~Nim Elen Laurina Taure~

davis114

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 10 2015, 14:12 PM 

Player

Hrm.

This can happen for a variety of reasons, so we'll check several things. First, be sure that your browser has cookies enabled. You can find this in the settings section of your browser.

If cookies are enabled and you still can't stay logged in, try clearing your browser's cache and history. This will delete any potentially corrupted files. Also, be sure to try accessing your account with several different browsers.

If that doesn't work, you may be having network, firewall or anti-virus issues. Please check the settings of each to make sure they are not preventing access.

MoshingChris wrote:
Dude makes like a drunk even when he's sober.

Jolena Ogden

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 10 2015, 19:57 PM 

Player

davis114 wrote:
If cookies are enabled and you still can't stay logged in, try clearing your browser's cache and history. This will delete any potentially corrupted files. Also, be sure to try accessing your account with several different browsers.

Thank you! Your suggestion to try different browsers led me to try Google Chrome, which worked. I then deleted cache and history on both Windows machines, making sure to uncheck the box that would have preserved Favorites website data, and now login on Internet Explorer works as well on both Windows 7 and 8.

Both Windows versions, including Internet Explorer, were recently updated, so something in that may have caused the problem.

Much appreciation for the help and suggestions of all!

~Nim Elen Laurina Taure~

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]